Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Itrack dock inputs failing iOS 11.2.2

Comments

• edited January 2018

my itrack dock stopped working at all (both input and outputs) since iOS 11 ...

• edited January 2018

@dendy said:
    my itrack dock stopped working at all (both input and outputs) since iOS 11 ...

First of all thanks for answering...
    So we should start investigating and sharing info. I will do a screen capture of version/firmware and come back. Also iPad model etc.
    Mine until 11.2.2 was working properly.

With the recently battery gate and spectre gate Apple has open a bit the retro downloads.
    I’m downlading 11.2.1 and 11.2 and maybe I will consider to downgrade meanwhile signed versions were alive. Check for your devices if there is earlier working version, mate.

http://www.getios.com/list-ios-releases-for-ipad-mini-4-(wifi)-28.html
    You have the selector for model version in the top of that page.

• edited January 2018

i think in my case it is some hardware problem, nobody had problem after iOS11 .. maybe it's just coincidence ..

i was never satisfied with this product, don't know if it was just my piece, but i got those issues:

• occassional restart - for a split seond dock turned off and then again turned on .. tried various power adapters without success
    • there was noticeable disturbances and noises listenable in headphones (very very quiet, and not always - when they appear, they started to be little bit louder if i touched ipad screen).. if i recorded stuff, disturbances were also in recorded wave - so obviously some wrong shielding of input AD convertors or something like that ..

I didn't tested it for few monts, after i updated to iOS11, don't know why i tried it again and realised that no audio is going in / out .. so maybe just something died inside...

• Mine was working quite fine (even being mini4 and connector didn’t fit easy on)
    :pensive:

• @Dubbylabby said:
    Anyone else?

Do you mean your audio interface? If so, which one?

• @Ben said:

@Dubbylabby said:
    Anyone else?

Focusrite iTrack dock.

• @Dubbylabby said:

@Ben said:

@Dubbylabby said:
    Anyone else?

Focusrite iTrack dock.

Got it. I have the Alesis iodock and since the ios11 update I’ll get the “your iPad does not support this device” message.

• Mine works fine, but I think I’m on the version before 11.2.2......

• Some iTrack Dock units seem to have issues with the lightning connector assembly causing all kinds of weird problems. Only after I had mine "repaired" three times without any change and finally got a replacement unit from Focusrite after about 8 months, the problems were resolved.
    I'm not saying it's not an iOS 11.2.2 issue, this is just another possibility.

• Thanks for sharing. I will take that in mind too.

• edited January 2018

I'm on 11.2.1, no problems with my iTrack Dock. ( Use it for 3 years now, never had any problems )

Thanks for the info, I think I'll wait with the update then...

I'm using the 2017 iPad.

• Uh oh, mine was working OK up to this point. Will have to test.

The bloody USB MIDI thing is annoying how it works with some keyboards but not others, eh?

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    Uh oh, mine was working OK up to this point. Will have to test.

The bloody USB MIDI thing is annoying how it works with some keyboards but not others, eh?

I answered that in the past but finally bought iTrack due it fits my actual setup (novation controllers) but yes, it’s a mess...
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/18706/help-focusrite-itrack-dock-usb-input-issue