Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Do you want Noiiz on IOS/with audiobus?

Hey people, I hope this is OK to post here, please let me know if not as its my first post.

I run a company called Noiiz and we're exploring the IOS music making market to try and gauge how many you there are and whether you'd want a service like Noiiz on iOS and compatible with Audiobus.

In short, Noiiz gives you access to a large library of samples and other content via a membership. We'd envision a Noiiz iOS app working in a similar way to the Noiiz Plugin - allowing you to find sounds, play them back in time and in key with your project then import the ones you want. You can also upload your own sounds to Noiiz, so you could demo/import these also.

We're just exploring things at the moment and would love to hear your thoughts on whether something like this would be useful and how you might envision it helping with your workflow.

Thanks and I appreciate your time

Comments

• Not really big on subscriptions to be honest so no interest here

• I’d be interested just for the fact there’s a lot of good apps now for using samples: bm3, Grooverider, etc. and it is hard scouring the internet for random samples, not knowing the quality or key for me at least. Id prefer a deal where you just kind of pay for the packs you want, etc rather than subscription. And also would mostly be interested in single instrument samples sampled at a C or something rather than loops. For example I wouldn’t want to have to download a pack with loops just so I could get the included instrument samples.

• Sounds interesting to me. I’m fine with subscription for content providing - in principle. Depends on the specifics, of course.

• Looks interesting. App would have to be well designed and support iPad multitasking and Drag n Drop

• Thanks for your feedback! We're part way through building a couple of plugins - the Noiiz Sampler, which is a lightweight sampler that lets you resample, chop, play sounds, and the Noiiz Player, which lets you load already built virtual instruments. Would this kind of thing be more interesting than something that just imports loops/single samples?

• @DeVlaeminck said:
    Sounds interesting to me. I’m fine with subscription for content providing - in principle. Depends on the specifics, of course.

The subscription is an 'all you can eat' model - at least if you sign up to the Unlimited plan, which means you can download as much or as little as you like. Think Netflix/Spotify.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Not really big on subscriptions to be honest so no interest here

No worries, certainly not for everyone! Out of interest, what is it that you don't like about subscriptions? I also run a company called Samplephonics, which had a traditional business model of selling single products, but we started Noiiz because we felt there was an opportunity to offer much better value in that you get access to everything, rather than having to buy more expensive products. Most people we speak to about subscriptions are concerned about ownership, so we decided to let people keep the licenses for their sounds even if they choose to cancel their membership.

• @NoiizyDave said:
    Thanks for your feedback! We're part way through building a couple of plugins - the Noiiz Sampler, which is a lightweight sampler that lets you resample, chop, play sounds, and the Noiiz Player, which lets you load already built virtual instruments. Would this kind of thing be more interesting than something that just imports loops/single samples?

Noiiz Sampler yes...with AUV3 full screen being a must

• Noiiz Sampler yes...with AUV3 full screen being a must

OK...thanks for your feedback! AUV3 certainly makes this much more feasible for us. Do you have any samplers or virtual instruments you use regularly that you could point me to?

• @NoiizyDave said:

Noiiz Sampler yes...with AUV3 full screen being a must

OK...thanks for your feedback! AUV3 certainly makes this much more feasible for us. Do you have any samplers or virtual instruments you use regularly that you could point me to?

On iOS nothing gets it done for me yet (I’m not even sure there’s a iOS AUV3 sampler in existence yet). As far as virtual instruments that embrace full screen in All Daws I’d go with Moog Model 15

• @NoiizyDave said:
    Hey people, I hope this is OK to post here, please let me know if not as its my first post.

I run a company called Noiiz and we're exploring the IOS music making market to try and gauge how many you there are and whether you'd want a service like Noiiz on iOS and compatible with Audiobus.

In short, Noiiz gives you access to a large library of samples and other content via a membership. We'd envision a Noiiz iOS app working in a similar way to the Noiiz Plugin - allowing you to find sounds, play them back in time and in key with your project then import the ones you want. You can also upload your own sounds to Noiiz, so you could demo/import these also.

We're just exploring things at the moment and would love to hear your thoughts on whether something like this would be useful and how you might envision it helping with your workflow.

It could be interesting for sure ;)

• I'd certainly be interested in the AUv3 sampler but not a subscription/membership service for anything. :)

• @NoiizyDave
    Already in the game and been waiting for this moment since you launched noiiz. So yes please.

• @NoiizyDave said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    Not really big on subscriptions to be honest so no interest here

No worries, certainly not for everyone! Out of interest, what is it that you don't like about subscriptions? I also run a company called Samplephonics, which had a traditional business model of selling single products, but we started Noiiz because we felt there was an opportunity to offer much better value in that you get access to everything, rather than having to buy more expensive products. Most people we speak to about subscriptions are concerned about ownership, so we decided to let people keep the licenses for their sounds even if they choose to cancel their membership.

Just a general principle really. I don’t want all my money gone at the start of each month on subscriptions for things that then become hard to cancel. Think gym memberships and the like.

• @NoiizyDave said:

I would like to have an app such as yours as an option. Definitely would be nice to have for some of us that have the 16gb iPads! :)

• I was loving the app prior to AU.

But it was limited.

AU is nice.

But you lose all the awesome parameter control of the full app.

I would love it.

I would like to see the app actually become a host and allow other AU into those quadrants / grid.

BEFORE ANYTHING THOUGH ---- OTHER MIDI CONTROLLERS NEED TO BE ALLOWED TO CONNECT AS WELL ON ALL FORMS OF APP

• Probably letting me try the service on my Mac would give me an informed opinion.

• I have been looking at this on desktop, looks like one of the few subscriptions that offers good value. Having it on iOS would be more convenient for me to manage my account from there. If there was some iCloud sync support included that would be ideal.

Hoping this comes together

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Here’s a solution for 16gb iPads

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1TB-2TB-Black-Mini-USB-2-0-Flash-Drive-Memory-Stick-UK-SELLER-/292315224331

2 TB of portable storage via built in WiFi for £40 I think that’s a bargain

whoa, is that a 2tb thumb drive for $20bucks?

• Actually I pay 99€ per year for all the catalogue and since disk usage on these effin mobile devices is kind of a issue, having the chance to integrate a huge sample library into my workflow with a pretty efficient connection based plugin is kind of a dream: I can access/audition so many samples as I want a very streamlined way to put them in my project.
    I used the noiiz plugin on desktop some time ago(almost a year) and it was already brilliant: a sample previewer witch would relate to project tempo and key, then you can drag & drop your sample of choice from the plugin straight to your project time line. So fuckin brilliant.
    I really think that having a well integrated remote access to huge sample library is just whoa. I use sampled loops in very same way I use generative stuff but with just a little more intention/scope; having the chance, as I said before, to not cripple my disk storage with DOWNLOADED sample packs but just with LOADED samplepacks and downloading just those samples I like...Whoah.

• @RUST( i )K said:
    I was loving the app prior to AU.

But it was limited.

AU is nice.

But you lose all the awesome parameter control of the full app.

I would love it.

I would like to see the app actually become a host and allow other AU into those quadrants / grid.

BEFORE ANYTHING THOUGH ---- OTHER MIDI CONTROLLERS NEED TO BE ALLOWED TO CONNECT AS WELL ON ALL FORMS OF APP

The names can be confusing but I think you’re thinking of Roli’s Noise.

• edited January 2018

I imagine that having the option to pay via the AppStore, while having access to the pc/mac plugin would be something people would appreciate. I think anyone interested in a quick and easy way to access a large and varied sample library would be wise to take a look at the what this platform offers.

I'm just curious if your company also accepts home brewed sample packs or libraries for addition to the catalog? An option to trade membership for some quality sounds might be a good thing for users and the overall ecosystem...

• A very basic arrangement app with access to the noizz catalog along with AudioShare import and Ableton project export would be amazing as a sketch pad. I would subscribe in a heartbeat.

Actually integrating this into something like blocswave and launchpad would be an incredible addition to iOS music and the user base of those apps (launchpad in particular) is huge.

• Yes, yes, yes. This would make me very happy. The samples you guys have are top notch, and this would be a very great tool for a lot of the unique granular Instruments and sampler manglers on iOS.

• edited January 2018

I currently use the companion app to the Converse Sample Library. I enjoy it, but something like it that made getting the sounds out of it easier, as well as the ability to time stretch, search by key, etc, would be great.

I think any app like this on iOS would need to have a feature set that made it extremely easy to find, collect, and manage samples AND be able to get them into projects with as little effort as possible.

I am still waiting for LoopCloud to offer user sample uploads as well.
    Sample management is such a pain these days, so someone that could come along and find a slick way to sync personal and online sample libraries with search-ability would have a winner.

So I guess my answer is yes, but you're gonna have to rock it :)

• @kobamoto said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    Here’s a solution for 16gb iPads

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1TB-2TB-Black-Mini-USB-2-0-Flash-Drive-Memory-Stick-UK-SELLER-/292315224331

2 TB of portable storage via built in WiFi for £40 I think that’s a bargain

whoa, is that a 2tb thumb drive for $20bucks?

Less than 20 bucks actually;). I got one and my pc shows it is indeed a 2TB drive

• The only reason I haven’t subscribed is it’s been pretty tough for me to save up the annual fee before the $99/year sale ends. I’m not able to afford a lump sum of $199/year. I could do a monthly subscription, but that plan seems it would limit the downloads I can get. If there was a “monthly subscription with a 12-month commitment” plan that allowed me a monthly payment while still allowing me unlimited access, I’d be all in.

Everybody here knows I’m normally vehemently against subscription pricing, but Noiiz is content-based, with new content being released all the time. This is an example of a REASONABLE iOS subscription. I hope you’ll consider the monthly fee with 12-month commitment. Cheers.

• @NoiizyDave I keep thinking subscription models could be a grand idea on iOS but haven't run into one that seemed like a good fit. I don't really use third party samples so this one probably isn't for me either.

Pretty sure this is the single most "subscription friendly" thread I've ever seen on this forum. Usually, folks completely balk at the very notion. Often with vigor! This might be worth exploring a bit as a part of your market research: https://www.google.com/search?q=subscription+site:forum.audiob.us

• Not a fan of subscription models. Would you still have access to the samples you have downloaded after you end the subscription?