Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Addictive All Broke

@VirSyn

Addictive is completely broken as an IAA and AU and I’ve emailed you twice about it. It’s been this way for months.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• edited January 2018

@Giant_Peach said:
    @VirSyn

Addictive is completely broken as an IAA and AU and I’ve emailed you twice about it. It’s been this way for months.

Any thoughts?

You mean Addictive Pro, yes?
    (Addictive is not AU)
    They may not be able to reproduce your issue.

I am able to use Pro in iMPC Pro 2, and AUM (both as AU and IAA) which host are you using?

• @Giant_Peach said:
    @VirSyn

Any thoughts?

I use it in Audiobus no problems at all.

I use it in AB2 actually.

Sorry mate.

• tjatja
    edited January 2018

@Giant_Peach said:

What exactly do you mean by "completely broken"?
    What are you doing?

And what iOS are you running?

• Yes @James you might need to give us more details.

• @supadom said:
    Yes @James you might need to give us more details.

Its broke

You know broke.

• Ahhhhhh, now I understand.
    Those Synths don't have any money left!
    They're broke!

• Addictive Pro has been completely unusable in Beatmaker 3, Cubasis, and AUM in my experience.

I’m on an iPad Pro 2nd Gen running 11.2.1 or whatever the very latest is.

The AU crashes in all hosts nearly five minutes into using it, but more especially in BM3 because BM3 has a few issues to iron out with both IAA and AU.

It seems to crash the most when going from the arp screen to other screens.

Furthermore, there’s some sort of CPU spiking issue. I’ve had a few folks over in iOS musician reproduce the issue.

Whenever one is in the host working or playing from the host keyboard to IAA Addictive, everything is fine. When one switches to AP pops and cracks and total meltdown.

Anyone should be able to reproduce all of these phenomena as it’s consistent for me on any device running 11.

• It’s my favorite iOS synth so I’m heartbroken. Especially since I’ve emailed Virsyn twice in the past two months with no response. I just want it back!

• @RUST( i )K said:

@supadom said:

Its broke

You know broke.

Broke it is. Case moved into the closet.

• @Giant_Peach said:
    It’s my favorite iOS synth so I’m heartbroken. Especially since I’ve emailed Virsyn twice in the past two months with no response. I just want it back!

I get it, that is messed up.

I don’t have Cubasis installed currently, but I’ve got AU Addictive Pro and IAA Addictive Pro running as a write this, trouble free in AUM (Rozeta Bassline and Collider driving one each)

I have noticed Addictive Pro is a very demanding synth cpu wise, in hosts that are themselves demanding, cpu wise.

• I’ll try again when I get home, but the issue for me is relentless and unabating. After restart, only opening the host and AU and IAA.

Maybe it’s been handled in the last two weeks or my iPad is bunk. I’ll delete and download the app again and see what happens. But it’s been going on for months now with nothing changing.

• edited January 2018

Yep. Just threw it into AUM IAA all by itself. Average CPU 75%. Spikes over a 100 just moving channels around with a finger or switching between AP and AUM interfaces.

I loaded the AU and it crashed within 30 seconds by just flipping through the arp effects and wavetable screens.

• edited January 2018

@Giant_Peach said:
    Yep. Just threw it into AUM IAA all by itself. Average CPU 75%. Spikes over a 100 just moving channels around with a finger or switching between AP and AUM interfaces.

I loaded the AU and it crashed within 30 seconds by just flipping through the arp effects and wavetable screens.

Weird, not my experience at all the cpu spiked then settled into 35%-43% with AU and IAA instances sequenced, one (IAA) with arp (went up to 50% with a pad patch on one)
    Sorry! Wish I could help figure this one out

• Me too. :( I’ll delete and reinstall the app after work and see if that clears it up.

• @Giant_Peach Is AUM acting weird in any other way, with any other apps? Maybe AUM needs to be reinstalled as well?

• @Giant_Peach said:

I’ll check my version later, but there was an issue with ReSlice causing CPU spikes, now fixed, so it’s possible.

• I first read the title as "Addicted. All Broke." I was like, "Yup. Another iOS casualty."

• edited January 2018

@ipadthai said:
    I first read the title as "Addicted. All Broke." I was like, "Yup. Another iOS casualty."

• Oh emojis don’t work.

• @CracklePot said:
    @Giant_Peach Is AUM acting weird in any other way, with any other apps? Maybe AUM needs to be reinstalled as well?

I can reproduce this problem in every other host. It’s worst in BM3.

It’s definitely a problem with Addictive. Maybe MY iPad or MY Addictive, but I’m sure not hallucinating anything over here.

• edited January 2018

@Giant_Peach said:

@CracklePot said:
    @Giant_Peach Is AUM acting weird in any other way, with any other apps? Maybe AUM needs to be reinstalled as well?

I can reproduce this problem in every other host. It’s worst in BM3.

It’s definitely a problem with Addictive. Maybe MY iPad or MY Addictive, but I’m sure not hallucinating anything over here.

I believe...it’s always been a demanding synth, and I actually got used to not using it much for that reason. I was slightly surprised to test it successfully..

Only details I can add: buffer size in AUM 512, polyphony in AP 6 voices max. All background ghosts cleared etc.

• @supadom said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@supadom said:

Its broke

You know broke.

Broke it is. Case moved into the closet.

Yes exactly, done broke. Not woke.

• I believe...it’s always been a demanding synth, and I actually got used to not using it much for that reason. I was slightly surprised to test it successfully..

Only details I can add: buffer size in AUM 512, polyphony in AP 6 voices max. All background ghosts cleared etc.

It’s true she is demanding! And I don’t mind because it’s so awesome and I can sample the patch anyways. There’s a lot going on. Typically I expect it to use up a good quarter or so running.

But this is...weird. But, I’m glad that there’s reports of it working just fine with others because then some sort of solution is imminent cause I have Apple Care lol and can always reinstall the app.

• @Giant_Peach said:
    Oh emojis don’t work.

Your iPad seem to have a system wide issue.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Giant_Peach said:

I’ll check my version later, but there was an issue with ReSlice causing CPU spikes, now fixed, so it’s possible.

You didn’t acknowledge my post, but I just tested it anyway.

Working fine here as AU in AUM, average 20% CPU.

• I am still not sure how to reproduce exactly.

Start Addictive Pro as AU in AUM, open the keyboard and play a bit?
    That averages around 16% DSP in AUM, without any problem.

But I am on iOS 10.3.3 with the iPad, and it seems I should stay there :) ;)

• I’ll check my version later, but there was an issue with ReSlice causing CPU spikes, now fixed, so it’s possible.

You didn’t acknowledge my post, but I just tested it anyway.

Working fine here as AU in AUM, average 20% CPU.

Thanks for checking. Do you mess around with it? Tap the tab on the bottom right to shuffle through the screens a few times or mess with arp.

It might do just fine if one loads it and it sits there. But if I try to make music with mine loaded, it crashes immediately.

• @tja said:
    I am still not sure how to reproduce exactly.

Start Addictive Pro as AU in AUM, open the keyboard and play a bit?
    That averages around 16% DSP in AUM, without any problem.

But I am on iOS 10.3.3 with the iPad, and it seems I should stay there :) ;)

Yes you should. This only started happening when I upgraded.

• @Looping_Loddar said:

@Giant_Peach said:
    Oh emojis don’t work.

Your iPad seem to have a system wide issue.

I meant that my emojis didn’t come through to the forum text box here.

• i've just spent a couple of hrs with 2 addictive aus + 1 sem and blocs in both bm3 and cubasis. plenty of fiddling too. really mad patches o_O
    all good. 11.? 2017 pad
    hopefully there's a solution for you