Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The case of the missing deadhead. (animoog presets vanishing)

A few weeks ago someone here mentioned the grateful dead expansion pack for animoog no longer being on the in app store;
I didn’t think much of it at the time, other than being a bit of disappointed that I wouldn’t be able to restore the pack if I ever were to lose data on my iPad Pro ..well, I just checked it out today and apparently its no longer on my iPad; so moog would have had to delete it on the last update. I don’t see that they even mentioned anything about removing it on their last few update notes, so it just seems very poorly handled.

Has anyone figured out whats up with this? I’ve been searching for info to no avail. Just sent an e-mail to Moog , hoping to at least get an answer, if not credit for a replacement pack... I wouldn’t really mind if I hadn’t just recently purchased it , on top of close to every other pack they sell; in addition to having purchased Animoog itself years ago when it was at its highest price. If I got it for a buck or two, or whatever they’ve been selling it for lately, I’d just shrug it off.

My only guess is that they might not have had permission & received a cease and desist from the owners of the GD catalog.

Comments

• It has disappeared from my IAP list, but the pack itself is still on my iPad, presets & timbres.

• My GD presets are still there even after the most recent Animoog update.

• However, I would not mind if that stupid BASE pack disappeared from my presets. I have an incredibly foul mouth, but am no fan of the scatological.

• edited January 2018

Yah it was likely a limited license that just expired. Probably an experiment with contract strings attatched to see if a ‘name’ made a difference, and it didn’t, so the deal just lapsed.

• @JeffChasteen said:
    However, I would not mind if that stupid BASE pack disappeared from my presets. I have an incredibly foul mouth, but am no fan of the scatological.

The worst form of humor there ever was. I was surprised Moog would do something like that, even as a joke.

• @oat_phipps said:

@JeffChasteen said:
    However, I would not mind if that stupid BASE pack disappeared from my presets. I have an incredibly foul mouth, but am no fan of the scatological.

The worst form of humor there ever was. I was surprised Moog would do something like that, even as a joke.

Maybe they were trying to expand to the 8-year-old market? Who knows?

• @JeffChasteen said:

@oat_phipps said:

@JeffChasteen said:

Maybe they were trying to expand to the 8-year-old market? Who knows?

You mean farts are serious music making sounds?

• What happens to other/custom presets that rely on timbres from this pack, now that they aren't available any more?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited January 2018

@CracklePot said:
    What happens to other/custom presets that rely on timbres from this pack, now that they aren't available any more?

If you bought it, you still have them. If you didn’t, I’ll upload them for everyone. Just remind me in case I forget; I don’t get on my PC too often.

• @oat_phipps said:

@CracklePot said:
    What happens to other/custom presets that rely on timbres from this pack, now that they aren't available any more?

If you bought it, you still have them. If you didn’t, I’ll upload them for everyone. Just remind me in case I forget; I don’t get on my PC too often.

Good dude.

Nice to help.

• @oat_phipps I didn't buy that one, but was wondering what happens when a preset requires a timbre, but the timbre is missing. Does it not load anymore, or does it replace the missing timbre with a default timbre?

If you want to upload those, that would be great. B)

• @CracklePot said:
    @oat_phipps I didn't buy that one, but was wondering what happens when a preset requires a timbre, but the timbre is missing. Does it not load anymore, or does it replace the missing timbre with a default timbre?

It says "missing" in timbre spot

• @RUST( i )K said:

@CracklePot said:
    @oat_phipps I didn't buy that one, but was wondering what happens when a preset requires a timbre, but the timbre is missing. Does it not load anymore, or does it replace the missing timbre with a default timbre?

Ah, and sometimes that could be a good thing, if I recall your Animoog patch tips correctly. :)

• I was planning to get some presets for Animoog as I don’t have any. Don’t think I’ll bother now.

• @CracklePot said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@CracklePot said:

Ah, and sometimes that could be a good thing, if I recall your Animoog patch tips correctly. :)

Indeed said the wiseman.

Well said.

And use both keyboard (midi) and screen.

Some sounds are only doable with the Animoog keys on screen..

Always try both for each patch you will be surprised. Good way

• They are still showing up on my IPad Pro 1st generation.

• @oat_phipps said:

@CracklePot said:

...Sorry to use this zombie thread back from the dead, but don't mind to share the GD presets/timbres ('cause its gone from IAP Store)

• @JeffChasteen said:
    My GD presets are still there even after the most recent Animoog update.

>

Yep, still there for me too, after latest updates.

• I don’t have a functioning PC right now or I would...my hard drive is shot. Gonna see how long I last on just iPad. May be difficult since I don’t have a jailbreak anymore.

• @Zen210507 said:

@JeffChasteen said:

>

Maybe they are just removed from the store now? I thought they vanished for everyone a while back, even if you already owned them. Bummer for me though, it was supposed to be one of the best expansions they had available.

• @CracklePot said:

@Zen210507 said:

@JeffChasteen said:

>

Maybe they are just removed from the store now? I thought they vanished for everyone a while back, even if you already owned them. Bummer for me though, it was supposed to be one of the best expansions they had available.

It was/is the best for its versatility

• edited March 2018

@CracklePot said:
    Bummer for me though, it was supposed to be one of the best expansions they had available.

>

They are really good. So I hope the GD returns, so you can grab the pack for yourself. Here’s a link to the demo that our friend Doug did, a while back.

https://youtu.be/c301XHYzEXg

• I wonder if going through the GD presets and saving them one by one into your own bank would solve the problem of them disappearing?

• @oat_phipps Thank you.

@Zen210507 awesome demo, I hope the GD return soon too.

• @oat_phipps said:
    I don’t have a functioning PC right now or I would...my hard drive is shot. Gonna see how long I last on just iPad. May be difficult since I don’t have a jailbreak anymore.

Hah hah. My PC broke too recently and I have been iPad only, but I have learned a lot and have gotten really comfortable using it. I think it made me more productive musically because iOS isn’t always getting in my way anymore. I feel like I can be on cruise control, instead of always thinking about how to do something on iPad. If I didn’t still need stupid iTunes for stuff, I may have just left the desktop behind. :)

• edited December 2018

• edited December 2018

• @oat_phipps any chance of recovering the timbres ? Nowhere to be found :'(