Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

U-He Satin for iOS

I would like to see some sort of tape emulator for iOS. I remember a brilliant Reaktor ensemble back in the day that had, like, hundreds of presets, each representing a particular model of recorder. AUFX: Dub on the master as an inter-app audio plug-in (sometimes several times through) just isn’t cutting it for me anymore.

Comments

• +1
    satin AU on iOS or equivalent = instabuy. Until this kind of stuff with comparable quality arrives I’ll never really feel like iOS isn’t a compromise for mixing. Always export to desktop...

• FabFilter Saturn (in Auria’s plugin store) should have you covered. It’s outstandingly good.

• @tomato_juice said:
    FabFilter Saturn (in Auria’s plugin store) should have you covered. It’s outstandingly good.

Cheers :) Yep gets used every session on desktop but I’m in BM3 on iPad so sadly not an option :(

• @guidinglight said:
    I would like to see some sort of tape emulator for iOS. I remember a brilliant Reaktor ensemble back in the day that had, like, hundreds of presets, each representing a particular model of recorder. AUFX: Dub on the master as an inter-app audio plug-in (sometimes several times through) just isn’t cutting it for me anymore.

You made my heart beat faster with that title....then you punched me in the gut with your post.
    :s

MasterRecord is another iOS option. But yeah, Satin would be fantastic.

• Dunno where Satin got it's image from - imh ears it's rather synthetic and boring.
    Tried and discarded the next day... ;)

• @Telefunky said:
    Dunno where Satin got it's image from - imh ears it's rather synthetic and boring.
    Tried and discarded the next day... ;)

Combinations of satin and sly-fi kaya were enough for me to sell my 388 and leave my 488 unrepaired. Big fan of what those two plugins do!

• I've had a reel2reel and tape echoes in my youth and couldn't get anything out if Satin that inspired me, but great if it works for you. o:)

• edited January 2018

@Telefunky said:
    I've had a reel2reel and tape echoes in my youth and couldn't get anything out if Satin that inspired me, but great if it works for you. o:)

FWIW I'm still using an re201 over satin's (or alt itb) delay (mainly for the pre's crunch and the fact it hasn't been serviced in forever and sounds like a bad trip ;)

If you want grittier/more obvious than satin you should check out Sly-Fi Kaya. You can definitely hear when THAT's on a channel ;)

• This thread title....and then.....meh‘
    :D
    Satin is great. Even super great. Even a small Satin in a box (like Velvet in the Repro synth) would be handy.

• @Cib said:
    This thread title....and then.....meh‘
    Satin is great. Even super great. Even a small Satin in a box (like Velvet in the Repro synth) would be handy.

Mmmmmmmmmm Repro / Velvet :p

• @brice said:

@Cib said:
    This thread title....and then.....meh‘

Mmmmmmmmmm Repro / Velvet :p

Second best synth ever and that Velvet combined with polyphonic distortion........sweet. All those Repro FX boxes are great. Lyrebird would be another worth to get as FX plug-in alone.
    And JAWS........damn, it bites.

• edited March 2018

Just so you all know, I basically found what I was looking for in MasterRecord. I don’t know why the app title doesn’t refer to all the excellent reel-to-reel, tape, and vinyl emulations, but there you go. $6.99 at the App Store for a reasonable alternative to an iOS U-He Satin (albeit with a completely different—though similar to the Mastering app—not very flattering UI).