Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bass synth

BesIs there an app that focuses on bass synth? What are some of the best apps for this? Thank you in advance and all the help you guys have given me....you all have been extremely helpful

Comments

• You've got great bass synths already in Gadget. Troublemaker and Arturia's iSEM and iMini are also very good.

• Every synth with a second oscillator which can be dropped one octave can produce beefy and thick bass sounds.

Mood, Zeeon, Lorentz...

• Another round here...... :D
    Why not.
    Bass....almost the same answers since every synth works more or less.
    I guess you talking about mainly synth bass (even if i like personally to add acoustic elements to electronic stuff or layer them).
    Vintage flavor here i prefer Zeeon, Model 15, DRC and Arp Odyssei.
    Sunrizer is again not bad for synth bass but not as good as for leads and pads or those super saw sounds in my opinion.
    For really snappy, crystal clear and if you want precise and more digital bass there isn´t much on iOS for my taste .
    But the Virsyn synths can have great punch and the only ones with multi stage envelopes which can be important to form bass sounds as well.
    Be aware of another list and you-tube videos about our favorite tools and "bass" music. :D

• Model 15 shakes my surroundings better than others

• Model 15 and Zeeon tops

• BASSalicious, fantastic synth designed specifically for juicy analog-feel bass synthesis, plus it’s an AUv3 to and the very BASSic Version is free

• Cyclop makes big badass bass.

• Never underestimate the mighty Animoog when it comes to synth bass.

• Maybe better the O.P. post some demos of what kind of bass.
    Otherwise you see......every synth ever!

• I’m sure it was mentioned that AudioKit are working on a synth app inspired by the SH101 and the Bass Station II. I’m looking forward to that!

• edited January 2018

@Beathoven said:
    I’m sure it was mentioned that AudioKit are working on a synth app inspired by the SH101 and the Bass Station II. I’m looking forward to that!

This comment from @analog_matt

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/23788/sh101-app#latest

I was surprised it went pretty much unnoticed in that thread!

• @noisefan said:
    Cyclop makes big badass bass.

Yea cyclop is great for bass, however lack of AU ruins it for me enough to not buy it for ios :/ I have used the desktop version before i mved to ipad. I would easily pay 50€ for AU version no questions asked

• edited January 2018

IMini

I redownload it occasionally to hear how amazing it sounds and then off it goes back to the cloud again.

• @ToMess said:

@noisefan said:

Yea cyclop is great for bass, however lack of AU ruins it for me enough to not buy it for ios :/ I have used the desktop version before i mved to ipad. I would easily pay 50€ for AU version no questions asked

Incredible sound! Absolutely awesome bass synth, but alas... it’s super hard to program this beast. But the sound... uuuooohhh so good. I don’t nothing on iOS that sounds similar - open for suggestions :-)

• Mersenne is capable of interesting bass sounds with an acoustic flavor.

• @ALB said:
    Mersenne is capable of interesting bass sounds with an acoustic flavor.

Wow. Really the last synth I could ever imagine being in this list. It can produce some low frequency sounds but calling it a bass synth...

• @mschenkel.it said:

@ALB said:
    Mersenne is capable of interesting bass sounds with an acoustic flavor.

Wow. Really the last synth I could ever imagine being in this list. It can produce some low frequency sounds but calling it a bass synth...

Yep - it does work as a bass synth, but not the kind of bass sound that people associate with bass synths, if you catch my drift. One of my favorite bass sounds in Mersenne sounds like a baritone guitar, something akin to the sound in “Wichita Lineman”. It’s a terrific sound - bassy but sort of twangy.

• edited January 2018

gotta second BASSalicious, simply love it but be forewarned it does not have both midi in and out, only one way midi, or half midi, or no midi out. That part I simply do not love, but my iPad wouldn't be the same without it.

• @david_2017 said:

@ToMess said:

@noisefan said:

Incredible sound! Absolutely awesome bass synth, but alas... it’s super hard to program this beast. But the sound... uuuooohhh so good. I don’t nothing on iOS that sounds similar - open for suggestions :-)

I dont know. Or well maybe the more complex stuff is harder to program, but i started using it when i was still getting into making my own sounds instead of just tweaking presets and found cyclop to be easy to figure out just by playing it. At least relatively simple sounds were easy to program and get good results out of, but there is more complex stuff in it that i didnt figure out fully before abandoning the desktop world and thus cyclop as well.

• Madrid (in Gadget) play via AUM if you wish.
    FM Player
    Zeeon

• edited January 2018

Just in terms of Gadget I normally go to:

Dublin - nice analog sounds esp with the Drive right up

Kamata - great digital bass sounds

Montpelier - just great

Lexington - but it’s very processor heavy

Miami - if I want that sound

Phoenix - analog bass (esp PWM)

Hope that helps.

• The Yamaha fm thing that only costs about five hundred quid to unlock?

• Not unless you tell us what “BesIs” is.

Me, I’m still looking for the most covfefe pad synth.

• @GospelMusicians BASSalicious is not bad. :)

• To mention a couple not listed yet:

Thor
    Poison-202

• bassalicious! v2 also has nice presents for acoustic basses.
      It is an AU now, you can just throw it into AUN. The interface of Bassalicious and Neo Soul Keys (same makers) are weird and can be clunky, though, very much like a PC app.