Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Soniface update

...is here with the sampler, very nice :)

Comments

• Nice thanks for the heads up. Will probably check it out now with sampler

• Alright. Time to take the leap....

• Is it a standalone synth?

• @Carnbot said:

Saw the update but haven't downloaded yet. The description says you can "add and record samples"... but did they give us a way to export anything out yet (besides having to use iTunes file share)?

• @skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:

Saw the update but haven't downloaded yet. The description says you can "add and record samples"... but did they give us a way to export anything out yet (besides having to use iTunes file share)?

Only had a quick play and was enjoying it, but not found how to import or export yet. It's probably iTunes for now but I reckon they will add more options eventually.

• @Carnbot said:

@skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:

Only had a quick play and was enjoying it, but not found how to import or export yet. It's probably iTunes for now but I reckon they will add more options eventually.

iTunes you say? pulls finger away from buy

• @DCJ said:

@Carnbot said:

@skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:

iTunes you say? pulls finger away from buy

Ugh. Hey ya know that cool app on your mobile device? Well hold on to your butts cause we're dropping a hot new feature that requires the use of a computer. You're welcome.

• Finally some actual tutorials on this thing. I decided to check it out even with this silly itunes import. It's super buggy on my iPad, but man... this could really be something special.

• @DCJ said:
    Finally some actual tutorials on this thing. I decided to check it out even with this silly itunes import. It's super buggy on my iPad, but man... this could really be something special.

Thanks for posting this. Certainly needed. I can't help but wonder if we won't look back on this app in 5 years time as ahead of its time and maybe confusing to many of us for that reason also.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@DCJ said:
    Finally some actual tutorials on this thing. I decided to check it out even with this silly itunes import. It's super buggy on my iPad, but man... this could really be something special.

Thanks for posting this. Certainly needed. I can't help but wonder if we won't look back on this app in 5 years time as ahead of its time and maybe confusing to many of us for that reason also.

I finally got a session going without crashing. Definitely feels like something special is could happen. The possibilities are pretty wild and the results are super interesting, albeit all in a washy soundscape with lo fi drums. I’m pretty keen to crack it open at the moment.

• I really LOVE this app. Every time I dive into it, it gets better. And, these tutorials are helpful too because there were a few things I didn't know or hadn't yet figured out on my own.

Also, they launched Windows and OSX versions of Soniface. I have the OSX version! Magnificent on a large screen, and I like controlling the maze settings, etc. with a touch pad. It's not quite the same as the touch surface, but so far REALLY cool.

They have a launch special through December for the OSX version. I don't know where to get the Window version because it's not actually on their site yet.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mazetools-soniface-lab/id1313112984?mt=12

I did find this link to what appears to be a free Soniface demo for both Windows and OSX, but I haven't used it so can't vouch for it's authenticity, etc.

http://www.dappsforpc.site/download-mazetools-soniface-demo-for-pc-windows-and-mac-apk/com.mazetools.sonifacedemo.html

If the @mazetools cats are around, maybe they can verifty? I know they said they had some free demo versions, but not sure if this is the authentic one or not. Use caution if it looks sketchy.

• I was playing with the desktop version for OSX last night and somewhat missed the multi-gesture control, but got around that setting up some automation and animation for a few of the maze nodes, and then sort of "played" another maze node via my touch pad. I'm not sure if you're supposed to be able to use multiple gestures with a touch pad for the desktop... will have to drop the dev a note.

However, I did notice that the graphics also displayed on my second monitor, but without navigation. I wonder if that means, that if you've got the iOS version connected to a projector... you can display graphics only and not the control navigation on the iPad? Anyone tried?

I've got a projector, but I need to dig up an adaptor to connect the iPad to it. Figured I'd see if anyone else already knows before I go on the search for my misplaced lighting to RGB connector. My projector will do HD but it's old and has legacy connections on it.

• @skiphunt said:
    I really LOVE this app. Every time I dive into it, it gets better. And, these tutorials are helpful too because there were a few things I didn't know or hadn't yet figured out on my own.

Also, they launched Windows and OSX versions of Soniface. I have the OSX version! Magnificent on a large screen, and I like controlling the maze settings, etc. with a touch pad. It's not quite the same as the touch surface, but so far REALLY cool.

They have a launch special through December for the OSX version. I don't know where to get the Window version because it's not actually on their site yet.

I did find this link to what appears to be a free Soniface demo for both Windows and OSX, but I haven't used it so can't vouch for it's authenticity, etc.

http://www.dappsforpc.site/download-mazetools-soniface-demo-for-pc-windows-and-mac-apk/com.mazetools.sonifacedemo.html

If the @mazetools cats are around, maybe they can verifty? I know they said they had some free demo versions, but not sure if this is the authentic one or not. Use caution if it looks sketchy.

Hi @skiphunt, I'm curious what the special price was? I just purchased this today (for $34) and am surprised how sluggish the interface is. I haven't really delved into it very far but not sure its workable for me with it being so unresponsive. I have a very powerful iMac i7 so I think there is a lot of room for optimizing it for OSX.

I'm curious about your experience on OSX with it. Have you heard from the developers at all? I'd like to know if they are going to fully support the OSX version. The e-mail address on their site was bounced back to me as invalid so I don't know how to contact them directly. I would love to support them, on the other hand I don't want to waste my money on something that be abandoned.

thanks,

Greg

• It does lack a bit of direct interaction feedback feeling the way thicket or tc-11 can provide. And not sure about the circular controls. Feels kind of pasted on top of the grid.
    Not regretting the purchase though. More fun to be had still.

• @gkillmaster said:

@skiphunt said:
    I really LOVE this app. Every time I dive into it, it gets better. And, these tutorials are helpful too because there were a few things I didn't know or hadn't yet figured out on my own.

Hi @skiphunt, I'm curious what the special price was? I just purchased this today (for $34) and am surprised how sluggish the interface is. I haven't really delved into it very far but not sure its workable for me with it being so unresponsive. I have a very powerful iMac i7 so I think there is a lot of room for optimizing it for OSX.

I'm curious about your experience on OSX with it. Have you heard from the developers at all? I'd like to know if they are going to fully support the OSX version. The e-mail address on their site was bounced back to me as invalid so I don't know how to contact them directly. I would love to support them, on the other hand I don't want to waste my money on something that be abandoned.

thanks,

Greg

I’ve only used the launch version on a MacBook Pro i7. Was not sluggish at all, but it was a bit unstable. There was an update just yesterday but I haven’t launched yet. Packing for travel so it’ll have to wait.

They are developing for iOS, Android, Windows mobile & desktop, as well as OSX. The desktop versions are brand new, so a bit of instability is expected I think.

They respond quicker on instagram but I get the impression their English isn’t stellar.

This has been in development for 8 years and they have backing. I don’t think you need to work worry about it being abandoned. The iOS version was on sale for $10 down from $15. I don’t know if it’s still on sale or if the desktop version was included in that sale.

I’m glad I have it, but it would’ve been a safer bet on rage OSX version to wait for one more revision I think. The iOS version is pretty solid now with another update reportedly coming very soon.

• edited January 2018

I'll definitely be watching the tutorials. This app is very cool, but I have never figured out how to think of a thing I want to make and then actually make it.

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    I'll definitely be watching the tutorials. This app is very cool, but I have never figured out how to think of a thing I want to make and then actually make it.

In a way. that is exactly what I like about it. happening on unexpected combinations!

• @skiphunt said:

@gkillmaster said:

@skiphunt said:

thanks,

Greg

I’ve only used the launch version on a MacBook Pro i7. Was not sluggish at all, but it was a bit unstable. There was an update just yesterday but I haven’t launched yet. Packing for travel so it’ll have to wait.

They are developing for iOS, Android, Windows mobile & desktop, as well as OSX. The desktop versions are brand new, so a bit of instability is expected I think.

They respond quicker on instagram but I get the impression their English isn’t stellar.

This has been in development for 8 years and they have backing. I don’t think you need to work worry about it being abandoned. The iOS version was on sale for $10 down from $15. I don’t know if it’s still on sale or if the desktop version was included in that sale.

I’m glad I have it, but it would’ve been a safer bet on rage OSX version to wait for one more revision I think. The iOS version is pretty solid now with another update reportedly coming very soon.

I wrote them at [email protected] and did receive a reply from them when I asked about the sluggishness:

"thank you for your message, feedback and support. We re workin hard to get Soniface Lab running perfectly on all devices. For now this version will be updated in a few days with improvements for the midi functionality and for some of those interface issues."

So I'm inclined to keep it on my desktop for now. I feel like very good improvements may lie ahead.

• @gkillmaster said:

@skiphunt said:

@gkillmaster said:

@skiphunt said:

thanks,

Greg

I wrote them at [email protected] and did receive a reply from them when I asked about the sluggishness:

"thank you for your message, feedback and support. We re workin hard to get Soniface Lab running perfectly on all devices. For now this version will be updated in a few days with improvements for the midi functionality and for some of those interface issues."

So I'm inclined to keep it on my desktop for now. I feel like very good improvements may lie ahead.

I just had a quick play. Couldn't get too involved because I'm crunched for time at the moment, but I wanted to see for myself.

Ran the OSX update that showed up a couple days ago. Was running on a mid-2012 i7 macbook pro with 16MB RAM. Did not seem sluggish to me. Ran about 4 "mazes" with various settings. Two of them were running both a rhythm and sample sequence as well. No issues and seemed pretty stable too. And more stabile than the launched version for sure.

I did see some X/Y midi controls, so this must be the latest version. I don't have the time at the moment to play with that yet... and likely won't very soon, but it's there.

It does seem very CPU intensive those, had my fans going for sure.

Noticed if you hit the "Settings" button, to the right you'll see Lowest, Low, Medium, High, Highest. These are "quality" settings. If you're is set to the highest setting, try to back it down to see if it gets more snappy for you. Mines is working fine on the highest quality setting, but maybe my 16MB of RAM are helping me out.

• @skiphunt said:

@gkillmaster said:

@skiphunt said:

@gkillmaster said:

@skiphunt said:

thanks,

Greg

I just had a quick play. Couldn't get too involved because I'm crunched for time at the moment, but I wanted to see for myself.

Ran the OSX update that showed up a couple days ago. Was running on a mid-2012 i7 macbook pro with 16MB RAM. Did not seem sluggish to me. Ran about 4 "mazes" with various settings. Two of them were running both a rhythm and sample sequence as well. No issues and seemed pretty stable too. And more stabile than the launched version for sure.

I did see some X/Y midi controls, so this must be the latest version. I don't have the time at the moment to play with that yet... and likely won't very soon, but it's there.

It does seem very CPU intensive those, had my fans going for sure.

Noticed if you hit the "Settings" button, to the right you'll see Lowest, Low, Medium, High, Highest. These are "quality" settings. If you're is set to the highest setting, try to back it down to see if it gets more snappy for you. Mines is working fine on the highest quality setting, but maybe my 16MB of RAM are helping me out.

thanks a lot @skiphunt