Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget

Comments

• @kennyrox said:

im getting this app on friday man i cant wait.......wow

Did the Swedish chef feature finally convince you? :)

• edited January 2014

Kurg gedget is oone-a spectecooler eppleeceshun. Bork Bork Bork!

• edited January 2014

Gadget is already one of the top 200 paid iPad apps in ALL categories in the iTunes store (Currently at #97. The highest it peaked so far is #18), not to mention #1 in all music apps for the past week.

• Is it possible to record a track using the chord function with the Marseille synth then swap out the synth to something else?

• @RJB said:

Is it possible to record a track using the chord function with the Marseille synth then swap out the synth to something else?

Yes!

• edited January 2014

Yes it's possible

You beat me to it Kloon :-)

@RJB said:

Is it possible to record a track using the chord function with the Marseille synth then swap out the synth to something else?

• Ha....just had my 2nd Gadget track blocked from soundcloud....anyone had this before ?.....

Hi Dave Magoo,

Our automatic content protection system has detected that your sound "Native" may contain the following copyright content: "Emotion Beat" by Tommy Guitar, P. Carrilho & Saraiva Feat. Karina May, La Mouche & Guitos, owned by kontorgyVZWq7o. As a result, its publication on your profile has been blocked.

If you are the copyright owner of this content, please notify us of this by submitting a dispute, and we’ll be able to help out quickly. You can file your dispute at the following link: https://copyright.soundcloud.com/dispute/soundcloud:disputes:9313583

If you are not the rights holder, but you have gotten permission to share this material on SoundCloud from the copyright owner, please send us proof of this permission in a dispute for review: https://copyright.soundcloud.com/dispute/soundcloud:disputes:9313583

To learn more about what kinds of content you are allowed to upload to SoundCloud in order to comply with copyright law, please visit our copyright information page.

Thanks,

The SoundCloud Copyright Team

SoundCloud Support Manage Notifications

• edited January 2014

Hi @DaveMagoo that explains why I couldn't listen to it earlier today. Very odd that it's blocked. I would imagine the appeal process would be painful too. I have had a lot of problems over the past month with Soundcloud, accessing my account etc. and a lot of "Whoops! Something went wrong" messages when trying to connect and listen to others postings. I had assumed it was server errors and there was a report on the techline reporting that they had identified problems and were working on them.
    I also assume that copyright blocking is automated and maybe it's giving false positives. Just a non tech guess there.

Edit: duh! it says it's an automated response. Should have read it more carefully.

• edited March 2014

• edited January 2014

I have to admit that it's quite fun to play with and the portrait mode makes sense but i'm not overly impressed by the sounds.Yes,they are better than in other iOS DAW's but can't stand against single iOS synths like iSEM,Nave,Sunrizer,Animoog etc..

And the very first thing i noticed is a really terrible lag when switching between the clips/instruments.It often takes up to 4(!)seconds on an iPad4 with just 6-7 tracks running.They definitely need to improve this first,that's very annoying.I know,i should post it in the korg forums...

And:can somebody please tell me where i find the grid resolution? :)

• @DaveMagoo said:

Ha....just had my 2nd Gadget track blocked from soundcloud....anyone had this before ?.....

Hi Dave Magoo,

Our automatic content protection system has detected that your sound "Native" may contain the following copyright content: "Emotion Beat" by Tommy Guitar, P. Carrilho & Saraiva Feat. Karina May, La Mouche & Guitos, owned by kontorgyVZWq7o. As a result, its publication on your profile has been blocked.

If you are the copyright owner of this content, please notify us of this by submitting a dispute, and we’ll be able to help out quickly. You can file your dispute at the following link: https://copyright.soundcloud.com/dispute/soundcloud:disputes:9313583

If you are not the rights holder, but you have gotten permission to share this material on SoundCloud from the copyright owner, please send us proof of this permission in a dispute for review: https://copyright.soundcloud.com/dispute/soundcloud:disputes:9313583

To learn more about what kinds of content you are allowed to upload to SoundCloud in order to comply with copyright law, please visit our copyright information page.

Thanks,

The SoundCloud Copyright Team

SoundCloud Support Manage Notifications

I had the same thing. They must have changed something with their recognition software:

Hi JUICER,

Our automatic content protection system has detected that your sound "Pasted [20140130 012214]" may contain the following copyright content: "Voci nella Città delle Donne" by Luis Bacalov, owned by Creazioni Artistiche Musicali. As a result, its publication on your profile has been blocked.

• I'm a bit daunted by the dispute process as it says they could close my account....

Are all the samples in Gadget royalty free ?

Not really sure....

• @DaveMagoo I once got the same message from Soundcloud. There is a link where you can disagree and they will mostllikely let you post the audio after they looked into it. Some poor algorithm in their recognitionsoftware I suspect...

• edited January 2014

Dave,this is the track...

I thought at first you may have a similar (unusual),chord sequence but the tracks mainly drums!

Edit...and a few sounds:)

• Crabman...press the function button when your on an instrument.
    A box will pop up,top right...the settings are in there.

• @DaveMagoo said:

I'm a bit daunted by the dispute process as it says they could close my account....

Are all the samples in Gadget royalty free ?

Not really sure....

Haha, don't get paranoid. Some time ago iTunes tagged one of my bands songs as something different! Yesterday when soundcloud did it to me I just took couple of bars off the song, re exported it and they had no problem with it. I think they mostly work it out by tracks length and waveform, maybe pitch? But can't see that being because of copyrighted samples which would be Korgs problem anyway.

• Ok il try the dispute fingers crossed I don't get banned :)

Would anyone else like to see an opacity slider for the overlays ?

I keep forgetting which part I want to copy !

• @DaveMagoo said:

Ok il try the dispute fingers crossed I don't get banned :)

Would anyone else like to see an opacity slider for the overlays ?

I keep forgetting which part I want to copy !

Good luck with the dispute. I always get crossed eyed after pressing the function button in sequencer mode. I just don't let the scene I want to edit off of my sight :)

• I had a mega problem awhile ago with logging into sound cloud, it just wouldn't let me in, I chsnged my pass word, man I tried everything, even from different computers, in the end it turned out that the problem was that it in my iPad favourites browser so that was bypassing everything first obce I deleted that all was well again, wierd eh.

• edited January 2014

I have a track up on soundcloud that contains the main soundtrack melodies from both Terminator and Riddick. I never paid any attention to copyrights etc with that. I just figured well people gotta know it's not f'in me that came up with the melody here, and uploaded it. It was a while ago tho, have they implemented some new recognition thingy since perhaps ?

• First of all I want to apologize to all of you for the previous post,
    after 4 video tutorials I finally decided to buy it and I can confirm that it is really powerful ...
    I'm impressed!

• Welcome on board Sinapsya!! :)

• @Sinapsya ha ha, at least you held out for nearly a week ;-)

• it seems that Boone51 is the only on who still resist buying it :)

• @Crabman, I am. I still haven't done it. Especially wary of it now that I realize Korg has clearly included someone else s copyrighted music into the app and is causing all these SoundCloud problems. I'm kidding of course. I suspect what @supadom said about the SoundCloud thing is probably right. I'm very tempted. You guys are great marketing for any product. I mean, all Doug has to do is hint that he's going to make a video for something I'm I'm off buying it so I can be ready to play along with his video. Typically three or four endorsements from you guys and I'm all over it. This thread has, from my quick estimation of the number of pages, 8 million posts and counting. I have no idea why I haven't bought it yet. I even have money in my iTunes account from recent gift cards that were given to me :-O

• Another hold-out here.

This app does look absolutely wonderful, one of the best I've seen yet I'm just drooling over the visuals. Sounds are great too, judging by the various demos and videos. But it seems to be aimed at music styles that I don't really like dance/trance/techno etc...and still I'm tempted! Just picked up a giftcard at a 20% discount...

One of the great things about it seems to be the clear layout and how the sequencer has been visualized.

It might be great for just playing around though, I wonder if it would be possible to use it as a sketchpad for more traditional rock/pop music?

• edited January 2014

Did a (lazy) remix of my first track, slowed it all down, changed the piano sound, drum sounds and slapped some pad from the Helsinki synth on it...(no outside processing obviously).

• @mmp It does have traditional instruments, including acoustic drum samples.

• @Trueyorky said:

@Sinapsya ha ha, at least you held out for nearly a week ;-)

Yeah, seriously. I think I held out for all of 5 minutes from when it popped up. Very strong will.

• edited January 2014

KORG Gadget Building A Song Tutorial
    Mee Zanook
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-m4lLNyRYCU