Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Midi to Computer DAW using iPad for programs

Hello!
I'm a very novice iPad for music production user and love some of the apps I have bought for it Beathawk, Isymphonic, sunrizer, etc...
I have audiobus 3 and cubasis 2
Although having a DAW on my iPad is great for whenever I'm not at home I'd really just prefer to use cubase on my computer.
How would I be able to have my MIDI keyboard connected to my PC and cubase while using the sound apps from my iPad?
I want it to go keyboard -> cubase -> iPad so I'll be able to use all my controllers settings like the faders, knobs, scene selectors, but I want to use my iPad for the sounds.
I have the usb 3 lightning connector.
If anyone knows how a setup Ike this would work it would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you, Gabe.

Comments

• I think you will need some sort of audio&midi interface since you are on pc. Or midi over WiFi but it isn’t really reliable

• not the cheapest solution, but the iConnectAudio4+ (interface) is a very nice tool to connect both worlds at the same time, routing both Midi and audio simultaneously.
    It's the only interface that hosts 2 DAWs, which means your IOS app's output can be input in a Cubase channel and vice versa you could send a Cubase channel to an IOS app and record the IOS output in Cubase. Same with Midi.

• I found an app called midimux looks like it's exactly what I'm after

• edited January 2018

I am wondering the same thing... Just last month I started using Logic Pro X on my mid-2014 entry level MacBook Pro, and it integrates flawlessly with my USB connected iPad Pro , since MacOS X allows you to enable the iPad as an audio/midi device. I just haven’t figured out how to stream my Logic AUs into Auria Pro, so I can apply fabfilter effects on it in real-time ...I thought I had it working once , but if I did, not sure how exactly I accomplished it so I can reproduce.

I’ve since given up on using Mac as my primary production computer, as it doesn’t have the power to handle all I want to throw at it, so I decided to buy a copy of Reason 10 on my 3770k (4X 3.4 ghz) Windows 10 desktop. I’m now looking for a solution to integrate all 3 computers , hopefully as smooth as my iPad works with the mac. I bought the studiomux app from the dev who makes midimux...but that only solves 2 thirds of the equation. Now to get my Logic Pro communicating (midi/audio) with Reason. The expensive Vienna Ensemble Pro looks like the perfect solution but it’s nearly as pricey as Reason — $343... They do offer a 30 day demo though, that I plan to try out.

anyone have any other elegant solutions that might be more affordable?