Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FM Player - FREE - Updated With 16 New Classic Presets

Here is a demo of the 16 new presets just added to FM Player

You can also email Matt with your suggestions for your favourite DX Patches here
[email protected]

Comments

• edited January 2018

A nice start to the New Year. Well done Matt. Highlights are that harmonica sound, marimba, x harp,Trenton Wheeler, vibe thingy plus ethereal and Jazz Guitars.

Will hopefully get some of these into songs on our next RTM album ‘Go-Go Bonobo.’

• I’m not normally a fan of FM synths, but these sounds are terrific, top job throughout this app!

• Would a kickstarter campaign help this fabulous app go AUv3? I’d contribute heavily :)

• HAPPY NEW YEAR Everyone!

Awesome video, Doug. \m/

WOW. Talk about fast turnaround time.

Meanwhile, I'm going to go deal with this hangover. A bloody mary should do it.

• edited January 2018

@realdavidai said:
    ...this fabulous app go AUv3? I’d contribute heavily :)

Thank you. After we finish & release AudioKit Synth One. I will turn my attention to a pro/AUv3 version of FM Player. All your kind words are motivating me to do it. Thank you for your patience!

(Myself and some folks at AudioKit are also working on an AUv3 BassStationII/SH101 inspired synth coming this year- mainly just the raw analog tone beast of a bass synth. It will not be a 1-to-1 clone of either of those.)

• @analog_matt said:

@realdavidai said:
    ...this fabulous app go AUv3? I’d contribute heavily :)

Thank you. After we finish & release AudioKit Synth One. I will turn my attention to a pro/AUv3 version of FM Player. All your kind words are motivating me to do it. Thank you for your patience!

(Myself and some folks at AudioKit are also working on an AUv3 BassStationII/SH101 inspired synth coming this year- mainly just the raw analog tone beast of a bass synth. It will not be a 1-to-1 clone of either of those.)

Awesomeness. Maybe AudioKit shall own 2018? :D

• Happy new year everyone. I love this app and i just installed the update. After the update there is a very noticable pop sound while playing and switching between presets. It doesn't do it with all presets, but it happens more often than not. I was able to delete and restore the previous version and don't notice this popping. Installed the update again and voila the popping is back. I'm running it on an iPadPro 9.7" iOS10.3.3. Not sure if i'm the only one with this issue, but hopefully it is something that can be fixed in a next update. Thanks again for this great synth app! Looking forward to the other upcoming synth as well

• edited January 2018

Drat! Thanks for letting me know @Dutchee

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

• No, though I really don't know if I do the right thing do get this popping. Mainly because I don't understand why to switch a preset while playing ;-) iPad Pro 12,9 with 11.2.1

• edited January 2018

@Dutchee said:
    Happy new year everyone. I love this app and i just installed the update. After the update there is a very noticable pop sound while playing and switching between presets. It doesn't do it with all presets, but it happens more often

Update on this issue: This build uses the latest AudioKit develop branch. I'm also getting some popping in other code. I'm going to push a fix to the App Store for you with a more stable version of AudioKit. That will hopefully fix it for you. B)

Thanks everyone!

• @analog_matt , thanks for update, would like to see a bigger browser and the ability to save ones patches in a user bank with the ability to add type and name. All in all its a beast, love it.

• @analog_matt I respect anyone that gets on this forum with a hangover. It’s easy to get on here drunk or tipsy, but hungover takes true dedication.
    Btw fm player is truly a great gift to us iOS music junkies out here, I really appreciate your generosity.

• @analog_matt said:
    Update on this issue: This build uses the latest AudioKit develop branch. I'm also getting some popping in other code. I'm going to push a fix to the App Store for you with a more stable version of AudioKit. That will hopefully fix it for you. B)

Thanks everyone!

Awesome, thanks!

• @analog_matt
    Another thing i noticed in this last update is that once the multi-delay is enabled the audio can only be heard on the right channel. Only when I set the wet/dry mix to 0% the left channel will become audible again. Definitely a new bug i think.

• @Dutchee said:
    @analog_matt
    Another thing i noticed in this last update is that once the multi-delay is enabled the audio can only be heard on the right channel. Only when I set the wet/dry mix to 0% the left channel will become audible again. Definitely a new bug i think.

Good ear. That is also being caused the AudioKit Dev branch. That's the magic of open-source. Anyone can introduce as many new bugs as they like. Just pushed an update. Hopefully, Apple reviews it shortly...
    Sorry about all this!

• @analog_matt said:
    Good ear. That is also being caused the AudioKit Dev branch. That's the magic of open-source. Anyone can introduce as many new bugs as they like. Just pushed an update. Hopefully, Apple reviews it shortly...
    Sorry about all this!

Haha no problem at all! I thought i would rather mention it too, just in case it was something unrelated. Better to squash as many of these new bugs at once :smiley:

• edited January 2018

@Dutchee - The update is live (1.0.4). I couldn't produce the issue locally in FM Player. Hopefully, this new update fixed it for you?

• @analog_matt said:
    @Dutchee - The update is live (1.0.4). I couldn't produce the issue locally in FM Player. Hopefully, this new update fixed it for you?

Hi Matt, thanx a lot for the latest update. This indeed fixed the issues I was having. Everything is sounding great again! Also thanx for the cool new presets, they're awesome.

• edited January 2018

Shew! Thanks for your help in tracking down this issue!

Also, thanks to everyone else in this thread for your kind words and suggestions. I'm adding your suggestions to the future feature list.

• "+ Saves MIDI Channel setting between launches"

God bless you. Also love this one:

"+ Always on/don't sleep toggle: Use this when playing live with a MIDI Keyboard to keep app from falling asleep (MIDI button for option)"

Great update!!

• edited January 2018

I am hearing a very distinct click/pop when changing presets now tho that I did not hear previously. Is this just me?

EDIT: Also randomly hearing white noise and/or distortion added to patches when changing

EDIT 2: NM. I just realized there was another update after the new sounds one. All good after new update! Nice work!!!

This app is a godsend. I like exactly none of the FM synths out there for live use and this fits the bill perfectly for my 80s band.

• @MikeyP said:
    this fits the bill perfectly for my 80s band.

That's awesome. If we're ever in the same city, I'd love to see your 80s band play! (That goes for anyone on here performing or in a band)

Also, if you ever make video recordings of you playing live with the app, would also love to see!

Thanks for being Rad!
    \m/

• edited January 2018

@analog_matt said:

@MikeyP said:
    this fits the bill perfectly for my 80s band.

That's awesome. If we're ever in the same city, I'd love to see your 80s band play! (That goes for anyone on here performing or in a band)

Also, if you ever make video recordings of you playing live with the app, would also love to see!

Thanks for being Rad!
    \m/

You bet!

I currently am using:
    OnSong
    iM1
    Animoog
    Poison-202
    iMono/Poly

Hope to be working FM Player into the mix soon.

• edited February 2018

@djjuniorpops said:
    @analog_matt , thanks for update, would like to see a bigger browser and the ability to save ones patches in a user bank... All in all its a beast, love it.

@djjuniorpops -

Finally got this going for you. Thank you for your patience. There's a new preset panel in version 1.0.6 (submitted last night) which should be available as soon as Apple approves the update.

• @analog_matt said:

@djjuniorpops said:
    @analog_matt , thanks for update, would like to see a bigger browser and the ability to save ones patches in a user bank... All in all its a beast, love it.

@djjuniorpops -

Finally got this going for you. Thank you for your patience. There's a new preset panel in version 1.0.6 (submitted last night) which should be available as soon as Apple approves the update.

Duuuuuuuuude! Thank you, Matt. You are awesome. :)

• edited February 2018

FM PLAYER 1.0.6 is now in the App Store!

NEW FEATURES:
    + Favorite/star presets
    + Import & Export Presets to DropBox, iCloud, Email and more
    Presets are exported as JSON. If you're familiar with that, you can even hand edit them.

• Restore Factory Presets
    • Duplicate Preset
    • Rename Presets
    • Delete Presets
    • Re-arrange Preset Order
    • Change the description text on presets
      (Click on the preset info text on the right-hand side of the Preset Panel). Don't forget to save the preset if you like your new text.

• Browse presets while playing the onscreen keyboard

If you make a cool preset, email it to us: [email protected]

BTW, if you know anyone looking for an "80s Electric Piano", be sure and recommend FM Player!
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fm-player-classic-dx-synths/id1307785646?ls=1&mt=8

Thanks everyone!

Source Code: The source code for the new preset panel will be in the upcoming AudioKit Synth One github repo. If you're interested to see how it is built, I will be releasing the code there. Trying to keep the ROM Player repo very simple and easy to grok. B)

• Hey @analog_matt is there a repo of FM Player presets somewhere?