Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ROZETA COLLIDER - MIDI Hadron Collider

edited December 2017 in General App Discussion

A counterpart to Rozeta Particles, designed for semi-repeating generative patterns and phrases

Comments

• brilliant...Family Rozeta is ''expecting'' :D

• awesome !!

Now, Particles are basically 1D space, this is 2D space.. next step will be cube but then real fun starts with Rozetta Hypercube ! :)))

• That looks slick!

• Looks awesome! Rozeta keeps on getting better.

• Into the future we go! :smile:

• @dendy said:
    awesome !!

Now, Particles are basically 1D space, this is 2D space.. next step will be cube but then real fun starts with Rozetta Hypercube ! :)))

great idea, midi particles bouncing off the 4 dimensional walls of a tesseract -- if someone can do it, it's BramBos ;)

• @brambos said:

A counterpart to Rozeta Particles, designed for semi-repeating generative patterns and phrases

it looks very cool already!

• edited December 2017

It will be just one more step on the path to final destination - Rozetta 11th Dimmension - there 10 dimensional superstrings will bounce in 11 dimmensional hyperspace...

• That’s it, I am sold. Wonderful suite.

• Next in the series: Rozetta Higgs - falls through the Earth as soon as you install it ;) (slightly advanced...)

• Yes! That’s more generative than particles

Have you seen that app NodeBeat @brambos ?

What if u made a plugin like that but with different nodes assigned to different apps? One for a synth app, another for a drum app etc

That way, ONE plugin could control many apps in different ways at once, instead of multiple instance thereof

• Holy yum. Yes, please!

• Can not wait to play with this. Really interested to push small grids.

An idea for how to set note based accents (as opposed to per hadron/particle): Double tap 'Velocity' and a window comes up with (up to) 7 buttons: I II III IV V VI VII, depending on the selected scale, and an accent velocity slider. Toggle one or more scale position buttons on and those notes play at the slider value. Think this would work for Particles as well. That way it can be based on the scale, and the software doesn't need to be concerned with chasing specific note values which may or may not be present. Just an idea. I know (and appreciate) your dislike of additional sub-windows.

The story, as discussed in a Particles thread, is "As a musician, I want to 'ground' the beautiful-mayhem/semi-randomness by highlighting certain notes so that I can create more specific/controlled musical ideas." Currently it requires adding a second sequencer. Not a hardship by any means but including the ability to highlight the root or root+V (or whatevs) directly within the sequence would be dreamy.

• Oh wow, I love!

I can't wait to dive into roz more once BM3 gets the midi track arming soon.

• Consistently impressed by the speed at which @brambos releases updates. Other devs are running at LFO while Bram runs at audio rate. ;)

Got a bag full of feature requests, now. My main one would probably be support for microtuning, as per those threads with @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr. Not to make devs compete, but it could even come out before Gestrument Pro, by @JesperNordin! :smiley:

• edited December 2017

Nice!

Now that there’s dimensions - what about a future future update where you can add a gravity well or black hole as a fade or a build up (as dots collide more and more) or a wormhole so there are glitches as the dots hop from one place to another outside the velocity ? Just some random thoughts inspired by the inspirational Rozeta.

• edited December 2017

don't play with black holes, they are true monsters of universe.. they can easily eat your ipad together with your hands and near part of our galaxy...

• Wow!
    @Brambos - for a drummer - you are giving us so many great musical offerings!

@syrupcore suggestion of: ground the beautiful-mayhem/semi-randomness is really an amazing idea.
    Random is great, but being able to guide the randomness towards more musical output will make this app not end up as a noodling device, where we wait for happy accidents.

• Slow down @brambos! You’re making others look bad.

• @Love3quency said:

What if u made a plugin like that but with different nodes assigned to different apps? One for a synth app, another for a drum app etc

That way, ONE plugin could control many apps in different ways at once, instead of multiple instance thereof

>

A really good idea.

• edited December 2017

Insane the tools we have at our disposals nowadays, yet I can't find the discipline to complete one full song. Mozart had a candle and paper and he wrote entire symphonies while in the womb.

• @syrupcore said:
    Can not wait to play with this. Really interested to push small grids.

An idea for how to set note based accents (as opposed to per hadron/particle): Double tap 'Velocity' and a window comes up with (up to) 7 buttons: I II III IV V VI VII, depending on the selected scale, and an accent velocity slider. Toggle one or more scale position buttons on and those notes play at the slider value. Think this would work for Particles as well. That way it can be based on the scale, and the software doesn't need to be concerned with chasing specific note values which may or may not be present. Just an idea. I know (and appreciate) your dislike of additional sub-windows.

The story, as discussed in a Particles thread, is "As a musician, I want to 'ground' the beautiful-mayhem/semi-randomness by highlighting certain notes so that I can create more specific/controlled musical ideas." Currently it requires adding a second sequencer. Not a hardship by any means but including the ability to highlight the root or root+V (or whatevs) directly within the sequence would be dreamy.

Love this idea,+1

• @Love3quency said:
    Yes! That’s more generative than particles

I think you can already kind of do this with the Senode app.

• Instaalreadybought, nice one Bram, wishing a great New Year to you and yours.

• @RJB said:

@syrupcore said:
    Can not wait to play with this. Really interested to push small grids.

Love this idea,+1

Me too! Slightly less random and more musical would be great,also rhythmically... looking forward to this!

• @syrupcore said:

Interesting! So in short this is about assigning accents to specific notes within a scale, if I understand it correctly?