Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iWAVESTATION is amazing

And somewhat overlooked and undervalued

It can do totally out of the box things

Certainly does what I need it to!

Comments

• That’s cool!

• @Ivan_Dj said:
    That’s cool!

It’s a great app :)

• I think people associate it with a certain wavesequencing sound but yes, it is a lot more versalite than that.

• I'm a big fan. It can make some really pretty texture sounds

• This is one of those "on my list but just haven't pulled the trigger yet". I don't see that it supports Link in the description. Is Link supported in the standalone app? How about if I load it in as Milpitas in Gadget?

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    This is one of those "on my list but just haven't pulled the trigger yet". I don't see that it supports Link in the description. Is Link supported in the standalone app? How about if I load it in as Milpitas in Gadget?

No link... and it’s a shame and the bpm dial is fiddly doodah

It’s cool in gadget tho

• +1 here. I have most of the iOS synths and iWAVESTATION is the only one that I managed to have made whole songs with. Check out my song example on Doug’s Tribute LP. That entire piece was made with it. I still can’t believe how good that song turned out and what an unsung app this truly is. If you can get past the basic eeks and ohs, all of the standard stuff it does and just start tweaking the many parameters as you add in more layers of instruments and then fiddle with that a bit and then add on some of the fab FX...it just cannot say enough about this app or recommend this beast enough. What an unsung hero gem of an app. A true iOS wonder!

• Yes it’s really inspiring!

• Is the iAP mandatory to get the full potential out of it, or this just presets from KORG and no additional waves?
    So close to hit the buy button :)

• I can't remember but what is the criticism of iWavestation? I feel like each time I'm about to buy it, I do a search and read a bunch of negative stuff about it.

• I bought iWavestation on release and found it was decent, but that it covered the same ground, sonically at least, as iM1. Only recently did I revisit it, and found that using Rozeta Particles to drive it can yield some great results.

• I love it. The only reason I don’t use it more often is the same for all Korg standalone apps - IAA ghosts

• My fear is that this machine is the most complex piece of musical software ever created. It looks good and sounds amazing but it also looks unbelievable complicated

• @david_2017 said:
    My fear is that this machine is the most complex piece of musical software ever created. It looks good and sounds amazing but it also looks unbelievable complicated

It’s not overly complex, having good visual feedback (the original was a nightmare!). It can take a while to make more complex sounds though - it’s just the nature of the beast.

• @Love3quency said:

Shhhhhh! :D Not-so-secret weapon!

It's the only non-AU synth allowed. Fcuking Korg. BLEH.

• Hi David don’t let all those options intimidate you. I am a newbie and I created a masterpiece with it. I bought all the IAP straightaway with no regrets. If you are a patient noodler with it, then I think you will surprise yourself with your end result just like I did. I hope you get this exceptional high quality synth.

• Haven't picked this up yet, as I've got the hardware and plugin version, ios version though looks like the best one by a country mile. Was one of my favourite synths, but a b'stard to program, might get it in the sale if my wallet recovers in time.

• edited December 2017

@Love3quency said:

never ever - it's way too classic for that... and so much more accessible than the hardware o:)

• @david_2017 said:
    Is the iAP mandatory to get the full potential out of it, or this just presets from KORG and no additional waves?
    So close to hit the buy button :)

Think you get a few more wave sounds in the expansion packs. I think they're worth it - I usually start looking for a sound starting with the Iap packs.

• Still on my list this one, just can’t. Pull. The trigger.

• @PhilW said:
    I think people associate it with a certain wavesequencing sound

That was me

• Random then edit, claim genius as one's own etc.

• I got it. Incredible sound. It’s actually quite easy to edit the random created presets. But i cannot think of creating a patch from scratch. its insanely deep and mysterious this beast :)

Anyways thanks to all recommending and pointing to it. I am glad I bought it while on sale ;)

• @david_2017 said:
    I got it. Incredible sound. It’s actually quite easy to edit the random created presets. But i cannot think of creating a patch from scratch. its insanely deep and mysterious this beast :)

Anyways thanks to all recommending and pointing to it. I am glad I bought it while on sale ;)

I personally wouldn’t recommend using the random patches, as they are mostly aimed at just wave sequences - well presumably as they fill the page up with waves. If you’re having trouble doing a sound from scratch, try using one of the many many presets to find something as a starting point. Then change waves. A few simple tweaks of a half decent starting preset will get much better result than random IMO.

• I also have this but don’t know how to actually use it. I just use the presets from time to time and I think they sound really good but I want to learn that wave and sequence thing. Where should I look at?

• You should definately look up the youtube video called “Wavestation” by user pantsofdeath . It’s the only video i could find that goes into programming it.

• @nothumanatall said:
    I also have this but don’t know how to actually use it. I just use the presets from time to time and I think they sound really good but I want to learn that wave and sequence thing. Where should I look at?

Here's the manual, in case you didn't see it before:
    https://www.korguser.net/iwavestation/manual/KORG_iWAVESTATION_OM_E.pdf

• edited December 2017

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@david_2017 said:
    I got it. Incredible sound. It’s actually quite easy to edit the random created presets. But i cannot think of creating a patch from scratch. its insanely deep and mysterious this beast :)

I personally wouldn’t recommend using the random patches, as they are mostly aimed at just wave sequences - well presumably as they fill the page up with waves. If you’re having trouble doing a sound from scratch, try using one of the many many presets to find something as a starting point. Then change waves. A few simple tweaks of a half decent starting preset will get much better result than random IMO.

Funny, so I bought it today and tried the presets. Pretty good but not really my thing. Hit the random button and BOOM. The random wave sequences (especially the drums, which can be dialed in with a long press on the random button) are exactly my thing--well, sliced up in BM3 they are. I can't believe @MonzoPro hasn't got this one yet...

That said, the standalone app really requires Link to make this play nicely with others. Whatever, I'll sample it to make it work.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@david_2017 said:

Funny, so I bought it today and tried the presets. Pretty good but not really my thing. Hit the random button and BOOM. The random wave sequences (especially the drums, which can be dialed in with a long press on the random button) are exactly my thing--well, sliced up in BM3 they are. I can't believe @MonzoPro hasn't got this one yet...

That said, the standalone app really requires Link to make this play nicely with others. Whatever, I'll sample it to make it work.

Yeah, this might be top of my 'please, please can we just have Link for this one please' list....

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@david_2017 said:

Just watching some vids earlier, and it sounds very iM1/Phil Collins...think I’d need to see more of its soundscape/experimental side..