Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What app are you still jonesin' for, but just can't pull the trigger?

13»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @JeffChasteen said:

@Ribbon said:
    Mitosynth. Only because then I'd have to start a new homepage and break my perfect app layout. And it's a bit too pricey to buy just to try it and decide later I won't use it.

Far be it from me to disturb anyone's aesthetic order, but you would use it. Trust me.

Thanks for the push, I've finally bought it and I love it :smile:

• @Ribbon said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@Ribbon said:
    Mitosynth. Only because then I'd have to start a new homepage and break my perfect app layout. And it's a bit too pricey to buy just to try it and decide later I won't use it.

Far be it from me to disturb anyone's aesthetic order, but you would use it. Trust me.

Thanks for the push, I've finally bought it and I love it :smile:

Great news!

• @d4d0ug said:
    Sunvox - keep peeking at it, haven’t been able to commit yet...

Just keep looking...

• edited December 2017

@telecharge said:

I've got some MPE stuff, but I've only read about it. TBH, I just don't feel like dealing with another standard that may or may not be widely implemented. There's enough hand wringing with AUv3 and VST3, for me.

That's like saying you don't feel like dealing with the most expressive control surfaces. MPE may not be not necessary if you want to make regimented, keyboard-dominated techno music. But for those of us who prefer to have maximal human expression in our music, then MPE is becoming a must-have.

• Created (yet) another thread on MPE to reply to @telecharge and @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr.

• edited December 2017

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@telecharge said:

I've got some MPE stuff, but I've only read about it. TBH, I just don't feel like dealing with another standard that may or may not be widely implemented. There's enough hand wringing with AUv3 and VST3, for me.

That's like saying you don't feel like dealing with the most expressive control surfaces. MPE may not be not necessary if you want to make regimented, keyboard-dominated techno music. But those of us who prefer to have maximal human expression in our music, then MPE is becoming a must-have.

Personally, I make repressed, anal retentive industrial robot music to keep me from expressing emotions. Believe me, the world is better off without my emotional contributions. ;) I do respect ye minstrels heartily though.

• @syrupcore said:
    None, really. Or tons and tons, depending on the day. I'm pretty good at not buying the-new-shiny these days but that doesn't mean I don't feel the drag of many. Lots of new interesting apps have come out over the last few weeks that I'm keen to play with but I'm not jonesing because I already have ~2300% of the apps I could ever meaningfully use. If I'm really jonesing for something for more than a while, I just get it. Sort of a mental trade off/payback for not buying all the thingz anymore.

Me too. I went crazy and now the cupboards are stocked with 10 years of music apps I have yet to dig into. Stopped buying the new things, unless they're clearly different than the classics, that have had years of development behind them.

That being said, I'm interested in Different Drummer. Not put off by the price, just the time to figure out how to work it. People here have shared some great sounding percussion made with it.

• edited December 2017

@robertreynolds said:
    Dhalang - I want to believe but I’m not sure I’m smart enough.

It's idiosyncratic for sure... but the learning curve isn't as steep as it looks from first blush. Most of it makes sense fairly quickly after you get over the first hump. It does take a bit of initial time commitment though. I figured out most of it, so I imagine most of you could too. :)

I REALLY want Elastic FX, but can't bring myself to pull the trigger because I already have apps like Turnado and WOW that I can automate in Auria Pro.

EFX isn't too pricey, but I can likely hold out a bit longer... at least until the first sale. ;)

• @skiphunt said:

@robertreynolds said:
    Dhalang - I want to believe but I’m not sure I’m smart enough.

It's idiosyncratic for sure... but the learning curve isn't as steep as it looks from first blush. Most of it makes sense fairly quickly after you get over the first hump. It does take a bit of initial time commitment though. I figured out most of it, so I imagine most of you could too. :)

Dhalang is another app that would be great with MPE out so that one could use it to drive other synths in whatever tuning.