ActionPad - iOS Custom Control Panels for Desktop

I started using this app for building custom keyboard layouts for controlling PC/mac programs over wifi. I am loving it with Samplitude.

Very very cool and only $1

https://itunes.apple.com/app/actionpad/id1142860715?ls=1&mt=8

Comments

• edited December 2017

• It takes deliberate planning to maximize a lazy day! Nice.

• This actually looks really useful to me and my endeavors. How is the connection, given a reliable WiFi network is available. Any lag or delay business going on?

• Tempted but was waiting to see if Metagrid goes on sale, which is similar but also does midi.

• @brice said:
    This actually looks really useful to me and my endeavors. How is the connection, given a reliable WiFi network is available. Any lag or delay business going on?

While using it I don't experience lag. The intial connection / pairing can be delayed by a little but once it connects all is well.

• @Carnbot said:
    Tempted but was waiting to see if Metagrid goes on sale, which is similar but also does midi.

If I had one of the directly supported DAWs I would consider getting it. I am just not sure what I get for 15$ aside from maybe nicer icons. For a buck, I am quite happy.

• Setup for entering chords in Band in a box.

• Not a fan of the fact that ActionPad uses Java :( Metagrid looks amazing, will have to give that a shot. Thank for the heads-up @Carnbot.

• edited December 2017

@huphtur said:
    Not a fan of the fact that ActionPad uses Java :( Metagrid looks amazing, will have to give that a shot. Thank for the heads-up @Carnbot.

why java bad?

• @Stephan523 said:
    Setup for entering chords in Band in a box.

Who and huh for what now?

• I set it up to enter chord progressions for Band in a Box on PC.

• @AudioGus said:

@huphtur said:
    Not a fan of the fact that ActionPad uses Java :( Metagrid looks amazing, will have to give that a shot. Thank for the heads-up @Carnbot.

why java bad?

too many vulnerabilities.

• @huphtur said:

@AudioGus said:

@huphtur said:

why java bad?

Hmm, that sounds like a good reason to pony up for metagrid.

• @huphtur said:

@AudioGus said:

@huphtur said:

why java bad?

Are they know to be hacked?

• Woah, just making an interface for Renoise and the latency on Metagrid (USB or wifi) is surprisingly really poor compared to ActionPad. Me smells refundo.