Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @Samu said:

@robosardine said:

How do you access the parameter editing in edit mode? I have got the note length- chance- and velocity and all that. But how do you edit the Cutoff etc?

Hold down a pad/step and tweak a knob while in pattern edit mode.
    (meaning tap-and-hold a pad/step while tweaking a knob).

Aha! That makes quite a difference to proceedings- thanks for that.
    I have another mini puzzle. The send fx seems to make no difference as to the level of effect being sent. I would think that it is meant for the individual part ifx? As opposed to the master fx send. Either way as far as my experiments go- it makes little or no difference to the levels of insert or master.

• @robosardine said:

>

I have another mini puzzle. The send fx seems to make no difference as to the level of effect being sent. I would think that it is meant for the individual part ifx? As opposed to the master fx send. Either way as far as my experiments go- it makes little or no difference to the levels of insert or master.

You can try raising the 'return' from the SendFX. It's above the Master slider in the mixer.
    The 'Send FX' knobs on a part sends to the 'SendFX' (The SendFX type is configured under Enter(Menu->Pattern)).

SendFX knob is not the same as IFX.
    IFX is 'per part'(You need to tweak the IFX Edit knob to hear the effect, it's like a 'send knob' to the IFX).
    SendFX is for all parts. A part can by-pass the MFX(Button bellow IFX ON button).

It's best to try with single sounds and tweak to knobs, that's the easiest way to get the hang of it.

• and some Apple Airpods thingies (unexpected) which I have a guilty feeling already that I might like quite a bit....
    >

I really like the Airpods for music making. Latency is a big deal, of course, if you are trying to play keyboard or drumpads in time with a groove - but if you are music making out of loops or generative midi latency doesn't matter. And lack of cord is wonderful!

I find that the Airpods change the way I make music. They encourage use of "happy accident" apps rather than keyboards/pads/piano roll and also really promote extended listening to what results. After 30 minutes or so listening to a few loops interacting, I can hear what I want to add next so clearly in my head that I just pop out the airpods, capture the a melodic phrase quickly with keys/pads and the built in iPhone speaker, and then pods back in for midi tweaking and refinements using tools where latency doesn't matter a bit.

The sheer number of hours that I can listen to my own music while doing other things is quite significant. Even really simplistic compositional work can be quite interesting when explored in depth over several hours. I draw around 6 hours a day, and music set-ups like Launchpad or Blockswave (with just 2 or three loops going at a time) and an easily tweakable percussion app (like Mid East Drummer) lets me alter the groove every two or three minutes - and cord free listening adds a lot to the experience. 6 hours of coordinating drawing hand around earphone cord would just be a frustration. (Rozetta is also nice for daylong grooves with variations tapped in every few minutes.)

Airpods can be really sweet for composition if you avoid areas where latency really matters. And latency-resistant composition work can have substantial amounts of hands free listening time built in, which pairs amazingly well with focused visual work. I hope your Christmas Airpods work out as well for you as mine work for me.

• @Samu said:

@robosardine said:

>

You can try raising the 'return' from the SendFX. It's above the Master slider in the mixer.
    The 'Send FX' knobs on a part sends to the 'SendFX' (The SendFX type is configured under Enter(Menu->Pattern)).

SendFX knob is not the same as IFX.
    IFX is 'per part'(You need to tweak the IFX Edit knob to hear the effect, it's like a 'send knob' to the IFX).
    SendFX is for all parts. A part can by-pass the MFX(Button bellow IFX ON button).

It's best to try with single sounds and tweak to knobs, that's the easiest way to get the hang of it.

Thanks Samu- I had been stuck on that for days. A bit silly of me- I kept coming back to it doing exactly the same thing over and over. Twiddling these knobs up and down.... up and down thinking at some stage it would start working the way I expected it to :/ :| :# ...... :)

• For everyone in this thread. I've just finished a GR Manual v1.0, where I described almost all its features and modes. If I missed something, please let me know. After upcoming app's updates the manual will be also updated and will be available for download at the following link:
    https://www.jimaudio.pro/grooverider/grooverider_manual.pdf

• @jimpavloff said:
    For everyone in this thread. I've just finished a GR Manual v1.0, where I described almost all its features and modes. If I missed something, please let me know. After upcoming app's updates the manual will be also updated and will be available for download at the following link:

Thanks Jim. ;)

• @jimpavloff said:
    For everyone in this thread. I've just finished a GR Manual v1.0, where I described almost all its features and modes. If I missed something, please let me know. After upcoming app's updates the manual will be also updated and will be available for download at the following link:

Thanks....now go have some Xmas pudding ;)

• @jimpavloff said:

Bloody hell. I don’t sleep much but I guess you don’t sleep at all :)

• i> @jimpavloff said:

Thanks

• @jimpavloff said:

Jim - enjoying your app quite a bit. Sounds great and great fun! Much better overall than any “tribe” I’ve used, app or hardware. Thanks!

• Is it possible to copy individual steps? Say I have a c4 note on step 1 with several parameter automations on it. Can I copy all this data and paste it to, say, step 4?

• @jimpavloff said:

Well done to you for getting this together so quickly- I’m sure that it will result in increased pleasure for many users. It is a superb app- a real musical instrument that deserves a manual. Great app & great customer service- Nobody could ask for any more :)

• @jimpavloff said:

Many, many thanks! Merry Christmas!

• @jimpavloff said:

Awesome!!! You rock!

• edited December 2017

@jimpavloff Is it possible to add track numbers and or the part name to the corresponding channels of the mixer section as opposed to OSC or Kick?

This would help make it easier to discern which track I am adjusting.

• edited December 2017

@jimpavloff said:
    However, in the next update there will be added a support of subfolders, created in the Documents folder (one level folders only). So you will have an ability to sort your samples the way you want to.

Export of audio files will also be added in the one of upcoming updates, as well as the Midi Input feature.

Great!!
    Good to know that samples can both be organizes in folders as well as stored with user patterns, and even better that Midi support is planned too :)
    Hoping for Midi Sync too...

All the best Mr Pavloff, iOS really needs more developers like you.

• The step/automation editor is very well implemented.

• @DaveMagoo to change the mixer label add a label to the part in the pattern edit menu while in trigger mode with the part selected. This little menu area also has choke groups called excusive group. It does look like its all included and only v.1. Not unsurprisingly amazing this app. JimAudio is a star

• I love the electribe style workflow. This is the app I’ve been hoping for. It’s very well done, so many class touches. Thanks for 48000, quantize options, and 50! arp patterns.

I haven’t checked out the copy/paste routine or the file and folder structure yet to see what the discussions in this thread are about. And I haven’t tested the pattern switching to see if there are glitches, I hope it’s smooth.

Question- are the labels switched for Modulator>Type>Pitch>EG Up and EG Down?

I am excited about the upcoming features, especially resample to pads. Also looking forward to audio export (24 bit please!), and MIDI in.

I wish Groove Rider had 8 bar patterns, and a solo button, but really it’s just fantastic as it is. It’s running smoothly on an Air 2 with iOS 11.

Happy holiday to those who celebrate it. Thank you Jim!

• @pfrf said:
    I love the electribe style workflow. This is the app I’ve been hoping for. It’s very well done, so many class touches. Thanks for 48000, quantize options, and 50! arp patterns.

I haven’t checked out the copy/paste routine or the file and folder structure yet to see what the discussions in this thread are about. And I haven’t tested the pattern switching to see if there are glitches, I hope it’s smooth.

I am excited about the upcoming features, especially resample to pads. Also looking forward to audio export (24 bit please!), and MIDI in.

I wish Groove Rider had 8 bar patterns, and a solo button, but really it’s just fantastic as it is. It’s running smoothly on an Air 2 with iOS 11.

A solo button would be KILLER

• @Richtowns said:
    @DaveMagoo to change the mixer label add a label to the part in the pattern edit menu while in trigger mode with the part selected. This little menu area also has choke groups called excusive group. It does look like its all included and only v.1. Not unsurprisingly amazing this app. JimAudio is a star

Thanks buddy...I will try and edit all 16 to be 1-16 and save as an init template....very cool

• Looking forward to the first update as I’m getting this sample import bug very often now. Tapping on wave button crashes grooverider to home screen.

• @DaveMagoo said:

@Richtowns said:
    @DaveMagoo to change the mixer label add a label to the part in the pattern edit menu while in trigger mode with the part selected. This little menu area also has choke groups called excusive group. It does look like its all included and only v.1. Not unsurprisingly amazing this app. JimAudio is a star

Thanks buddy...I will try and edit all 16 to be 1-16 and save as an init template....very cool

Hehe it works!

• @ginandjuice said:

@pfrf said:
    I love the electribe style workflow. This is the app I’ve been hoping for. It’s very well done, so many class touches. Thanks for 48000, quantize options, and 50! arp patterns.

Agreed

• edited December 2017

@pfrf said:

@ginandjuice said:

Hold down mute and hit a pad to solo it. Like on the electribe2. And then Shift + mute to unsolo. Not a separate solo button, but it works ok.

• @Richtowns said:

I can change the name but changing part color doesn’t do anything. This working for anyone?

• @Telengard said:

@pfrf said:

@ginandjuice said:

Hold down mute and hit a pad to solo it. Like on the electribe2. And then Shift + mute to unsolo. Not a separate solo button, but it works ok.

That’ll work! I noticed I don’t have to press shift to bring back all the tracks...even better! Thanks

• @anickt said:

@Richtowns said:

I can change the name but changing part color doesn’t do anything. This working for anyone?

Works for me. You use the big knob with the triangle to select the color. You need to press write to save the changes or it will go back to the old color if you go to another pattern.

• @InfoCheck said:

@anickt said:

@Richtowns said:

Works for me. You use the big knob with the triangle to select the color. You need to press write to save the changes or it will go back to the old color if you go to another pattern.

I was expecting to see a more obvious change than just the little square to the right of the part name. Thanks

• edited December 2017

@anickt said:

@InfoCheck said:

@anickt said:

@Richtowns said:

I was expecting to see a more obvious change than just the little square to the right of the part name. Thanks

The 16 pads in the pattern will change to the new color too.