Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @ipadthai said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Would love to see a few things added

1. Midi in and out.

I’ve got to stop making impulse purchases without knowing about the Midi situation first.

Or, we/you support further development thru purchase...

• Here’s an Electribe 2 tutorial that shows how similar Grooverider GR-16 is to it.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Zen210507 said:
    I used to buy apps like this, fiddle about with them like Keith Moon in Tommy, then never use them again. No fault of the app, of course.

Undoubtedly, this is a fine app, in the hands of those who will actually do something with it. But these days I’m trying to save my credits for stuff that I can’t resist for the right reasons, not just to madly tap its buttons. :p

It’s one feature away from being a part of my usual setup - stem export. It’s so much of a joy to make little snippets - little song creation ideas. Problem is without a quick export of stems to BM3, I’m just ‘fiddling like Keith’.

What does this do better than Gadget? I can see it’s quicker than BM3, and probably more fun than iMPC Pro, but couldn’t you do all this just as easily in Gadget, or an AUM/Rozeta combo?

I’m sure you could do the same, I just find it so much faster to whip something up in this :) you may find that different for yourself though :)

I’m just curious that most of the old regulars are right into this one. I hate missing out.

I’m treating myself to a tenner app spend tomorrow. If the Launchpad pack hadn’t gone up a fiver I would have had that one, but I might get this just for a bit of xmas fun.

I keep coming back to this but I can do this in Gadget thought....to do with most apps I buy, honestly. Enjoy the sherry Mister. Have a good Christmas.

I cant do anything in Gadget that I can do in Groove Rider. Ten minutes playing Groove Rider has given me better sounds than I ever had in Gadget. Most times I play with Gadget it sounds tame and one dimensional- this sounds much more rasping, grungy, curly and .......... well groovy I suppose :) There are different other types of sounds in Gadget that I like and will still use though.

• edited December 2017

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

I keep coming back to this but I can do this in Gadget thought....to do with most apps I buy, honestly. Enjoy the sherry Mister. Have a good Christmas.

Thanks Boss, hope you have a good one too. It's all a bit up in the air with hospital visits and other madness, but at some point I'm hoping to hide in a corner with the new Launchkey.

Yeah, I have the same thought whenever I buy an FX app - but I can do this in Turnado...

@robosardine said:

I cant do anything in Gadget that I can do in Groove Rider. Ten minutes playing Groove Rider has given me better sounds than I ever had in Gadget. Most times I play with Gadget it sounds tame and one dimensional- this sounds much more rasping, grungy, curly and .......... well groovy I suppose :) There are different other types of sounds in Gadget that I like and will still use though.

To it's credit it's offering a lot of stuff for the price, and I'm sure I'd get a few hours of fun even if it doesn't click, so it's looking like it might end up in my collection over xmas....maybe...

Quick question - is it easy to export audio loops, into say Audioshare? I'd be using this for Launchpad fodder, so a nice easy way to create and export loops would be essential for me.

• Gadget doesn't have anywhere near as lovely a chord mode as this does for one. Also I don't have to keep clicking back and forth between gratuitous screens. This just has a way more intimate, fun, and immediate feel to it. Very damn near close to the app I've been waiting for in terms of features and ease of use. If it only had the per note replace recording of ikaossilator, it'd be 100%. But everything else is so tight that doesn't matter so much

• @db909 said:
    Gadget doesn't have anywhere near as lovely a chord mode as this does for one. Also I don't have to keep clicking back and forth between gratuitous screens. This just has a way more intimate, fun, and immediate feel to it. Very damn near close to the app I've been waiting for in terms of features and ease of use. If it only had the per note replace recording of ikaossilator, it'd be 100%. But everything else is so tight that doesn't matter so much

That's a good point, I do get fed up with the backwards and forwards of screens to make simple tweaks.

• edited December 2017

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Thanks Boss, hope you have a good one too. It's all a bit up in the air with hospital visits and other madness, but at some point I'm hoping to hide in a corner with the new Launchkey.

Yeah, I have the same thought whenever I buy an FX app - but I can do this in Turnado...

@robosardine said:

To it's credit it's offering a lot of stuff for the price, and I'm sure I'd get a few hours of fun even if it doesn't click, so it's looking like it might end up in my collection over xmas....maybe...

Quick question - is it easy to export audio loops, into say Audioshare? I'd be using this for Launchpad fodder, so a nice easy way to create and export loops would be essential for me.

I have no idea on the exporting perfect loops, but this IS becoming one of the central wheat and chaff separators for me these days. Recently struggling with the @LuisMartinez apps for the same reason (although they may well do it; user ignorance etc).

Christmas and sickness seem to be all too common torments, but that's little solace when you're in the specific middle of it. Be as kind as you can manage, especially to yourself.

• so i like the sounds of a preset patch, but i want to write new notes. is there a quick way to erase all notes?

• I’m getting a distictly ‘90s EDM’ vibe from this, would you say this is still a useful sketching tool for someone who’s not particularly interested in house/d&b/techno etc.?

• @jimpavloff said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@jimpavloff said:
    In the nearest update I plan to do:

• fix the import samples crash issue;
    • remove Import and Export subfolders from Documents folder which are currently there (added by a mistake);
    • you will be able to create your own folders with imported samples inside the Documents and access them from the part's Wave selection table;
    • Virtual Midi Input and probably Midi CC support;
    • Audio Export options.

Please add my vote for CC support. Instant purchase if this is definitely coming.

CC support will be definitely added. If not in this update, then 100% in the next one.

Great news! :)

• Will this app get midifile export and/or output of stems as audiofiles? If so I’m on board! Based on poison i’ll Probably buy this anyways tho!

• @jimpavloff said:
    Greetings to all AB forum users!

I'm happy to announce that I've just released the first version of GR-16 on the App Store! Those, who pre-ordered it already, should soon receive notifications.

Although the release looks pretty stable, I was able to find one crash issue regarding importing user samples, which is still there. It is already fixed and will be in the first update, but due to the Apple review team Christmas holidays it may be released not earlier than in a week. I hope for your understanding. I could delay the release for a week or more to fix that, but I decided to make it now to brighten up your Christmas holidays.

Respect,
    Jim

Respect back. You did the right choice.

I’m buying it as a Christmas gift to myself. This Christmas Eve is gonna be great Jim :smile:

• @eross said:
    so i like the sounds of a preset patch, but i want to write new notes. is there a quick way to erase all notes?

Save (write) a preset pattern to a new user slot, enter ‘erase’ mode using button on main screen and press play while holding several pads which will erase as pattern loops. Seems quick and efficient to me.

• edited December 2017

@eross said:
    so i like the sounds of a preset patch, but i want to write new notes. is there a quick way to erase all notes?

Seems like you just hit the ‘seq’ button and swipe to clear notes off.. then re-enter your notes.. but there is much more than simple entry.. there is a crazy arp on the performance window...

Just buy it... it’s one you will never regret.. o:)

• @busker said:
    I’m getting a distictly ‘90s EDM’ vibe from this, would you say this is still a useful sketching tool for someone who’s not particularly interested in house/d&b/techno etc.?

What music are u interested in ?

• @jimpavloff any plans to increase the max bar length ?

• @DaveMagoo said:

@busker said:
    I’m getting a distictly ‘90s EDM’ vibe from this, would you say this is still a useful sketching tool for someone who’s not particularly interested in house/d&b/techno etc.?

I don’t have much interest any of those genres you mentioned. I couldn’t make the music I attempt with this app alone, strictly due to its 4 bar limit, yet I like making small chunks of music to send to other apps to form something to express further with long lead lines and minutes long emotive sounds. Most tools have some use within any types of music, especially when genre definitions are thrown out the window!

• @DaveMagoo said:
    @jimpavloff any plans to increase the max bar length ?

No plans for this particular app. Maybe for another, more complex app in the future)

• @RajahP said:

@eross said:

Seems like you just hit the ‘seq’ button and swipe to clear notes off.. then re-enter your notes.. but there is much more than simple entry.. there is a crazy arp on the performance window...

Just buy it... it’s one you will never regret.. o:)

lol oh I pre ordered it and can’t put it down... this app is perfect for ios workflow. i can’t wait to keep digging deeper on this app. so much fun

• @Trueyorky said:

@eross said:

Save (write) a preset pattern to a new user slot, enter ‘erase’ mode using button on main screen and press play while holding several pads which will erase as pattern loops. Seems quick and efficient to me.

cool thanks

• two more question: when in keys mode, is there a way to change the octave the pads are playin him before recording?
    question two: what is jump mode?

• @jimpavloff said:

@DaveMagoo said:
    @jimpavloff any plans to increase the max bar length ?

No plans for this particular app. Maybe for another, more complex app in the future)

Cash waiting :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@DaveMagoo said:

@busker said:

I don’t have much interest any of those genres you mentioned. I couldn’t make the music I attempt with this app alone, strictly due to its 4 bar limit, yet I like making small chunks of music to send to other apps to form something to express further with long lead lines and minutes long emotive sounds. Most tools have some use within any types of music, especially when genre definitions are thrown out the window!

Thanks, I guess I’m thinking more about the included samples/patches etc., if they all fall within a narrow range of set styles then it’s not really going to work as a ‘quick inspiration’ tool for me as I’d be constantly fighting the imposed feel of another genre.

In terms of my style currently it would be something like ‘early 80s analog synth soundtracks’, e.g. John Carpenter, Blade Runner etc.

• @eross said:
    two more question: when in keys mode, is there a way to change the octave the pads are playin him before recording?

When in KEYS mode, you change the key octave with the Bar select buttons (more detailed will be in a manual).
    Jump mode allows you to instantly change the playback steps order and create interesting breaks/fills effects. It's a performance feature. Just hold a Pad (or several) during pattern playback...

• @jimpavloff said:

@eross said:
    two more question: when in keys mode, is there a way to change the octave the pads are playin him before recording?

When in KEYS mode, you change the key octave with the Bar select buttons (more detailed will be in a manual).
    Jump mode allows you to instantly change the playback steps order and create interesting breaks/fills effects. It's a performance feature. Just hold a Pad (or several) during pattern playback...

awesome thanks for the tips. And thanks for such a great app!!

• @busker said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@DaveMagoo said:

@busker said:

Thanks, I guess I’m thinking more about the included samples/patches etc., if they all fall within a narrow range of set styles then it’s not really going to work as a ‘quick inspiration’ tool for me as I’d be constantly fighting the imposed feel of another genre.

In terms of my style currently it would be something like ‘early 80s analog synth soundtracks’, e.g. John Carpenter, Blade Runner etc.

The way that the synth engine has been simplified for this is IMO a great idea. I’ve used some of the sounds supplied, but mostly just made sounds from scratch or imported samples. It really is easy to whip up quick sounds with this set up - my hats off to the dev for what he’s achieved here. The simplicity of the app hits just the right spot for what is needed, without making it unable to achieve a wide variety of sounds.

You really can make sounds for most any need with this app within reason. I used to hate what I would see as ‘dumbing down’ of synths in beat boxes, but this is sensibly done with the added sample imports.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@busker said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@DaveMagoo said:

@busker said:

The way that the synth engine has been simplified for this is IMO a great idea. I’ve used some of the sounds supplied, but mostly just made sounds from scratch or imported samples. It really is easy to whip up quick sounds with this set up - my hats off to the dev for what he’s achieved here. The simplicity of the app hits just the right spot for what is needed, without making it unable to achieve a wide variety of sounds.

You really can make sounds for most any need with this app within reason. I used to hate what I would see as ‘dumbing down’ of synths in beat boxes, but this is sensibly done with the added sample imports.

Thanks, that was helpful. Most likely you’ve added an extra (13.99 CAD - 30%) dollars to the developer’s pocket for Christmas :)

• Really cool app. I bought it mainly for its drum synth(that i intend to sample), but have played around with it normally. What i think really needs some taking care of is file management and midi i/o. The way files are set now doesent make sense to me. It would make much more sense to have user banks as projects and then have parts saved in that. Having all loops of all different songs in same folder makes file management a nightmare and i see no reason for.

Other thing is midi i/o. Or well personally i dont need midi in for this, but it would be nice to come up with some stuff when not at home and then just record the samples and midi to mpc.

Oh and stem export is essential ofc, both single parts/tracks and all of them

• edited December 2017

It says „Professional“ quite often in the App Store description. I think I‘m not „pro“ enough to buy this app.

• @ToMess said:
    Really cool app. I bought it mainly for its drum synth(that i intend to sample), but have played around with it normally. What i think really needs some taking care of is file management and midi i/o. The way files are set now doesent make sense to me. It would make much more sense to have user banks as projects and then have parts saved in that. Having all loops of all different songs in same folder makes file management a nightmare and i see no reason for.

Other thing is midi i/o. Or well personally i dont need midi in for this, but it would be nice to come up with some stuff when not at home and then just record the samples and midi to mpc.

Oh and stem export is essential ofc, both single parts/tracks and all of them

You don't have to keep all of your samples in the Documents folder. After you have imported them into your Patterns (and you don't need them anymore), you can safely delete them from the Documents folder. Also, when you save a User Pattern Bank, it already includes all the samples you have imported into all of its patterns in a just one single file. The same with separately exported pattern files.

However, in the next update there will be added a support of subfolders, created in the Documents folder (one level folders only). So you will have an ability to sort your samples the way you want to.

Export of audio files will also be added in the one of upcoming updates, as well as the Midi Input feature.