Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@InfoCheck said:

@DaveMagoo said:

@jimpavloff said:
    I'm currently writing a Manual for GR. Don't know how long will it take. Meanwhile, please ask your questions here when you have some.

1/Is there a way to record automation for longer than the length of the loop?

2/Does each synth part have 1 oscillator?

3/How do I change the start and finish of each slice as the Osc controlls don’t seem to do anything?

1. Hit the red record button and then play. Wiggle whatever knobs or the Jim Audio xy pad to record your movements. Hit stop when you’re finished.
    2. Not sure about the oscillator question.
    3. You need to set the parameters for the part sample in the pad as shown in the screen shots.

1. The OSC selection decides if you are using one or two. For example: the selection below is two OSCs

That’s how it sounds to me anyway, maybe I’m wrong lol

Thanks guys

• @SpookyZoo said:

@jimpavloff said:
    In the nearest update I plan to do:

• fix the import samples crash issue;
    • remove Import and Export subfolders from Documents folder which are currently there (added by a mistake);
    • you will be able to create your own folders with imported samples inside the Documents and access them from the part's Wave selection table;
    • Virtual Midi Input and probably Midi CC support;
    • Audio Export options.

Please add my vote for CC support. Instant purchase if this is definitely coming.

CC support will be definitely added. If not in this update, then 100% in the next one.

• @jimpavloff

Hi Jim,

Loving Groove Rider, especially love that you have used the files app. Would it be possible to add Files app support for export and import of banks in Poison 202 - I don’t use a computer!

• edited December 2017

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @jimpavloff

Hi Jim,

Loving Groove Rider, especially love that you have used the files app. Would it be possible to add Files app support for export and import of banks in Poison 202 - I don’t use a computer!

I have to say this is probably the best most extensive, comprehensive, fleshed out and fully featured v1 release I have ever seen on iOS! Well done and thanks Jim!

• edited December 2017

I used to buy apps like this, fiddle about with them like Keith Moon in Tommy, then never use them again. No fault of the app, of course.

Undoubtedly, this is a fine app, in the hands of those who will actually do something with it. But these days I’m trying to save my credits for stuff that I can’t resist for the right reasons, not just to madly tap its buttons. :p

BTW, did just buy a sound pack in a sale for a particular sound that I’ve already incorporated into a work. Then had to fire off a stern e-mail to Apple about the non returns bullshit. I buy many, many apps in a year, and only return stuff that flat out doesn’t work on a fundamental level. Trying to bully or intimidate customers excercising legitimate rights should be beneath a trillion dollar corporation.

• @Zen210507 said:
    I used to buy apps like this, fiddle about with them like Keith Moon in Tommy, then never use them again. No fault of the app, of course.

Undoubtedly, this is a fine app, in the hands of those who will actually do something with it. But these days I’m trying to save my credits for stuff that I can’t resist for the right reasons, not just to madly tap its buttons. :p

It’s one feature away from being a part of my usual setup - stem export. It’s so much of a joy to make little snippets - little song creation ideas. Problem is without a quick export of stems to BM3, I’m just ‘fiddling like Keith’.

So @jimpavloff Please Please Please add audio stem export at some point. I know you said Audio Export is coming, but please make it so it exports each stem separate, so it can become part of the bigger picture :) O, and if possible midi stem export too would be most helpful. One button to export the whole shebang to the files app and away we go ;)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Zen210507 said:

It’s one feature away from being a part of my usual setup - stem export. It’s so much of a joy to make little snippets - little song creation ideas. Problem is without a quick export of stems to BM3, I’m just ‘fiddling like Keith’.

What does this do better than Gadget? I can see it’s quicker than BM3, and probably more fun than iMPC Pro, but couldn’t you do all this just as easily in Gadget, or an AUM/Rozeta combo?

• @MonzoPro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Zen210507 said:

What does this do better than Gadget? I can see it’s quicker than BM3, and probably more fun than iMPC Pro, but couldn’t you do all this just as easily in Gadget, or an AUM/Rozeta combo?

I’m sure you could do the same, I just find it so much faster to whip something up in this :) you may find that different for yourself though :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    @jimpavloff

Hi Jim,

I'll do that in the next Poison-202 update

• @MonzoPro said:

I have never purchased Gadget because you have to purchase another device for every other single function. Been working with Gadget LE however, not bad, the sequencer and Ableton Export of Gadget certainly make it a nice sketchpad, no question.
    Now that's where personal taste seems to come into play: Somehow Gadget, no matter how well it's done, just didn't "click" with me.
    Also, in my setup, lacking Midi Sync is a no-go for the price asked.
    Groove Rider instantly gave me the "Electribe" feeling which, for whatever reason, makes me more creative than sitting in front of a large collection of gadgets.
    The dynamic tweaks and per-step automation is another great and valuable feature of GR.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Zen210507 said:

I’m sure you could do the same, I just find it so much faster to whip something up in this :) you may find that different for yourself though :)

I’m just curious that most of the old regulars are right into this one. I hate missing out.

I’m treating myself to a tenner app spend tomorrow. If the Launchpad pack hadn’t gone up a fiver I would have had that one, but I might get this just for a bit of xmas fun.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Zen210507 said:

I suppose what I’m trying to say, is that Gadget to me is almost a BM3 - I would personally go too far in it before moving on to BM3. GR16 on the other hand is just right to get a few initial simple ideas going before moving on to expand them in BM3. It’s as much what GR16 doesn’t have as what it does. It’s lacking so much Gadget has, but that’s the bonus ball here.

If on the other hand, you have the strength of will to make quick ideas and move on before things get too complex, well yes Gadget can do what GR16 can -hope that makes more sense :)

• @jimpavloff said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @jimpavloff

Hi Jim,

I'll do that in the next Poison-202 update

Thank you so much :)

• @rs2000 said:

@MonzoPro said:

I have never purchased Gadget because you have to purchase another device for every other single function. Been working with Gadget LE however, not bad, the sequencer and Ableton Export of Gadget certainly make it a nice sketchpad, no question.
    Now that's where personal taste seems to come into play: Somehow Gadget, no matter how well it's done, just didn't "click" with me.
    Also, in my setup, lacking Midi Sync is a no-go for the price asked.
    Groove Rider instantly gave me the "Electribe" feeling which, for whatever reason, makes me more creative than sitting in front of a large collection of gadgets.
    The dynamic tweaks and per-step automation is another great and valuable feature of GR.

Thanks.

I’ve invested a lot into Gadget, but I don’t like the way it’s heating up my iPad so I’m not using it much.

My new ‘performance centre’ is going to be a Blocs/Launchpad combo, so I’m busy making loops and bits for this. Maybe GR is good for a bit of loop fodder.

• edited December 2017

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Zen210507 said:

I suppose what I’m trying to say, is that Gadget to me is almost a BM3 - I would personally go too far in it before moving on to BM3. GR16 on the other hand is just right to get a few initial simple ideas going before moving on to expand them in BM3. It’s as much what GR16 doesn’t have as what it does. It’s lacking so much Gadget has, but that’s the bonus ball here.

If on the other hand, you have the strength of will to make quick ideas and move on before things get too complex, well yes Gadget can do what GR16 can -hope that makes more sense :)

Thanks Fruitbat.

Hmmm....one of my failings with Gadget is I never finish anything in it, but I do make interesting bits.

I think I need to see some more GR vids, but maybe I’ll accidentally hit the buy button tomorrow night when I’ve overdosed on the sherry and fallen off the fence.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Zen210507 said:

Thanks Fruitbat.

Hmmm....one of my failings with Gadget is I never finish anything in it, but I do make interesting bits.

I think I need to see some more GR vids, but maybe I’ll accidentally hit the buy button tomorrow night when I’ve overdosed on the sherry and fallen off the fence.

I would consider iSpark the next jump up from GR16, but that is tied to a computer and I don’t see that changing now.

At least with Gadget, it’s easy enough to get what you put into it, out to another app :)

• @jimpavloff are there plans for Ableton export?

• @DaveMagoo said:
    @jimpavloff are there plans for Ableton export?

I would like to do that. The thing is that they usually give their permission for devs to do session export not so fast.

• @jimpavloff

Go relax now, it’s Xmas eve :)

• edited December 2017

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @jimpavloff

Go relax now, it’s Xmas eve :)

... and all through the house, several creatures were stirring making strange sounds with the new app called something like GR-16. Now go finger yourself @jakoB_haQ and have fun creating a new Groove Rider theme :)

• What is the maximum length for user Samples? Also, many of the samples I’ve imported can be seen in the user sample list, but can’t be imported. I have a feature request: the option the reverse samples and sample slices. Great app!

• @Maarten said:
    What is the maximum length for user Samples? Also, many of the samples I’ve imported can be seen in the user sample list, but can’t be imported. I have a feature request: the option the reverse samples and sample slices. Great app!

Currently imported sample length is limited to 10 seconds, which may be extended to about 20 seconds when the "Resample to pads" feature will be implemented. There were also some thoughts about implementing a sample reverse playback option, but I left it for the future updates.

• Loving GR so far, but I can‘t seem to figure out, how to play chords with the chord function. Merry christmas to you all!

• @jimpavloff said:

@Maarten said:
    What is the maximum length for user Samples? Also, many of the samples I’ve imported can be seen in the user sample list, but can’t be imported. I have a feature request: the option the reverse samples and sample slices. Great app!

Currently imported sample length is limited to 10 seconds, which may be extended to about 20 seconds when the "Resample to pads" feature will be implemented. There were also some thoughts about implementing a sample reverse playback option, but I left it for the future updates.

Thanks Jim! Congratulations on a great app and great v1.

• @DrChris said:
    Loving GR so far, but I can‘t seem to figure out, how to play chords with the chord function. Merry christmas to you all!

You may be missing to turn the POLY button On for that Part to play chords.

• OMG, must have been blind. Thanks for the quick response and the fantastic app @jimpavloff.

• Just started playing with the excellent Groove Rider GR-16 today , then added @brambos, TroubleMaker, & Patterening. Then sprinkled some vocals on top into Cubasis. Here it is enjoy, & Merry Christmas everybody.

• Damn, I'm buying it just for the awesome support that @jimpavloff has given for it.

• I'll be making tunes with this FOR YEARS. Gadget, YOURE FIRED!

• @MonzoPro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Zen210507 said:

I’m just curious that most of the old regulars are right into this one. I hate missing out.

I’m treating myself to a tenner app spend tomorrow. If the Launchpad pack hadn’t gone up a fiver I would have had that one, but I might get this just for a bit of xmas fun.

I keep coming back to this but I can do this in Gadget thought....to do with most apps I buy, honestly. Enjoy the sherry Mister. Have a good Christmas.