Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2018 - just another year, or, a breaktrough for the iOS?

Now that 2017 almost is over I want to say happy Christmas and happy new year!

What to expect for 2018?

• Propellerhead Reason Mobile?
  • Garageband Pro?
  • Roland iD50?
  • IK Multimedia goes AUv3 on every app (Sampletank etc.)?
  • 8-core iPad Pro with 8GB RAM and 1TB, and, a velocity sensitive screen?
  • Moog going AUv3 on more apps?
  • Fabfilter join the AUv3 trend and begin with Pro-R plugin?
  • Auria Pro version 4 with an overhaul of the GUI, with fabulous new functions?
  • Cubasis 3.0 with updates that can match Auria Pro? Busses etc...
  • Native Instruments releasing Kontakt Player 1.0 for iPad with an online store to buy incredible sample libraries?

Keep dreaming - all Audiobusses!

Comments

• Happy holidays!

And for 2018, expect:

• NS2 (of course).
    • iMPC Pro 3 (with more added bugs).
    • More Beathawk speciality IAP packs, such as: Alpine Bratwurst Dance Instruments - "Recreate the authentic sound of real alpine bratwurst dance music. Contains 257 assorted loops and the sound of three multi-sampled high-altitude chromatic sausages. Plus hyper-realistic drumset constructed from hollowed Emmenthal cheese. Sounds so realistic you'll forget there aren't any normal instrument sounds available in Beathawk."
  • @ErrkaPetti said:
    What to expect for 2018?

• Garageband Pro?

>

Or Logic X as Apple call it. :) Quite likely to happen, hopefully involving a bunch of top quality add-ons.

• 8-core iPad Pro with 8GB RAM and 1TB, and, a velocity sensitive screen?

>

Sadly, not under Mr Cook.

• Fabfilter join the AUv3 trend and begin with Pro-R plugin?

>

They claim not to have interest in this for economic reasons. But I would love to see it, with a healthy discount for those who have already bought FF for Auria.

• Auria Pro version 4 with an overhaul of the GUI, with fabulous new functions?

>

I’d settle for three year old Auria Pro bugs getting fixed.

• Cubasis 3.0 with updates that can match Auria Pro? Busses etc...

>

Alas, the devs seem to be happy with the way things are, and have no desire to directly rival Auria Pro.

• Native Instruments releasing Kontakt Player 1.0 for iPad with an online store to buy incredible sample libraries?

>

Again, this would be great, at the right price. But the devs appear to have no interest at all in IOS.

• @Purpan said:
    Happy holidays!

And to you! Nice BeatHawk parody. :smiley:

I'm predicting just another year, but that's not a bad thing because the average year has been pretty eventful! I definitely have high expectations for NS2. I expect Reason Mobile will be good, and fingers crossed on IK AUv3.

Kontakt on iOS would be cool, but the high cost of storage on iOS is a wet blanket for large sample libraries. At least, for me.

• I think i remember that i read on KVR that AUv3 are planned for IK Multimedia apps......i might be wrong.
    Otherwise the same procedure as every years.
    Updates breaking things half a years and the other half things get solved.
    So one step back and one forward....mmhhhh.....that means....... :#
    NanoStudio 2, yes......at least i hope that this project doesn´t go under. Wouldn´t be the first time a single developer
    had to big plans. I do wish Matt Borstel aka Blip Interactive all the best and much success of course.
    Garage Band pro won´t happen as Logic on iOS also not. They will add more to the Garage Band version from time to time like it is now. There is no money to make with Logic on iOS i think.
    8 core iPad? Maybe but cores doesn´t say anything about the performance. We already have 8 core Android phones and that doesn´t help really :)
    Kontakt on iOS could work as player maybe but i doubt N.I. will consider that because the market isn´t big enough yet. There were rumors about a few great Kontakt libraries and UVI libraries coming as stand-alone to iOS. Soem even were officially announced but they never came to reality....not sure why. Market? Trouble with iOS?
    Velocity sensitive screen would be great but i´m not sure if Apple want you to hammer on an 12.9" iPad Pro :D
    3D touch on iPhones (and force touch track pads) is still the most interesting new feature for me Apple introduced in the last years. It´s not really usable for velocity but as polyphonic aftertouch it´s very great. That would maybe THE thing to finally buy me an iPad. It won´t solve the joyless feeling and lack of tactile feedback for live playing but i really dig it on my iPhone with apps like Model 15.
    What else? Not sure but i do hope that there would be finally better FX on iOS and synths with better performance tools like drop and drag modulation, not so much tabbing and scrolling trough menus.
    And Korg should finally make their apps touch friendly, damn.

• NS2 and I'll be happy.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    NS2 and I'll be happy.

You simple man! ;)

• iOS getting cursor/ mouse/ touchpad support.

• 2017 has seen a strong uptake of AUv3, and I think it will become essential in 2018. It is already amazing what you can on IOS and it can only get better next year!

• Reason for iOS? The closest you will ever get is caustic lol

GarageBand pro? It’s pro already for those that use it right

Actually, any iOS app can be pro if used properly:)

• Files.app gaining support for class compliant mass-storage devices attached to the device using Apples very own CCK...(It's technically doable but currently limited by iOS and/or/due to Apples paranoia & fear of pressure from media companies).

• @Samu said:
    Files.app gaining support for class compliant mass-storage devices attached to the device using Apples very own CCK...(It's technically doable but currently limited by iOS and/or/due to Apples paranoia & fear of pressure from media companies).

This

• 2018 will be year of Nanostudio 2.

• @Samu said:
    Files.app gaining support for class compliant mass-storage devices attached to the device using Apples very own CCK...(It's technically doable but currently limited by iOS and/or/due to Apples paranoia & fear of pressure from media companies).

... and apps finally giving access to all data you could want to store - Files.app won't change that ;)

• @dendy said:
    2018 will be year of Nanostudio 2.

There is another app coming that could beat even that :)

• @Love3quency said:
    Reason for iOS? The closest you will ever get is caustic lol

GarageBand pro? It’s pro already for those that use it right

Actually, any iOS app can be pro if used properly:)

It ain’t a Pro Garageband as long as I can’t even import a MIDI-file :-(

• @Love3quency said:

@dendy said:

Wassat en?

• @Beathoven said:

@Love3quency said:

@dendy said:

Wassat en?

NDA

• Hmmm. Another AU as good as Zeeon to add to BM3? Transient detection in BM3? Something something BM3? BM3?

• edited December 2017

@AudioGus said:
    Hmmm. Another AU as good as Zeeon to add to BM3? Transient detection in BM3? Something something BM3? BM3?

I’m pretty sure that before summer we have a lot of new features to love in Beatmaker 3!

• I don’t know what’s coming, but I’m sure it won’t be enough.

iPad Pro 15” with desktop performance — also with 3D touch. Price affordable, of course.
    iOS Logic Pro X Touch (free for existing Mac Logic owners)
    Kontakt and Reaktor AUv3’s (Komplete instruments and effects at one tenth their current cost)

That would be enough for me next year. I’ll want to see some real progress in 2019.

• Loopy Masterpiece is my hope

• NS2, AUV3 takeover and happy.

OK, Loopy 2(3?) as well. :)

Looking forward to AU MIDI plugins exploding too.

• @syrupcore said:
    NS2, AUV3 takeover and happy.

OK, Loopy 2(3?) as well. :)

Looking forward to AU MIDI plugins exploding too.

I just want to clarify to Apple and other Devs that @syrupcore does not mean actually exploding AU Midi apps ;)

• @syrupcore said:
    NS2, AUV3 takeover and happy.

This! ;-)

• edited December 2017

I know it a sacrilege to post this here but i do wish Apple finally would try to make such a device so that i don´t have to live with the limits of iOS and also not with windows 10 (which is not soooo bad but still prefer macOS).
    I just can hope this 2-1 start to take off and cut in iPad sales. Otherwise nothing will change in 2018 beside the usual, thinner, faster, all-new bla bla blamazing.

• It could be of Apple words about Mac line were truth which probably not.
    The strategy seems going forward with prosumerism leaving pro users aside until ARM can get enough power and then look what these new “pro” need in that moment. Merging both UI could be a solution for target like us but a totally no-no for “what’s a computer?” actual target...
    Intel stagnation and iPhocentric strategy has evolve into our actual scenario were battery goes over performance...
    I wondered that kind of solution years ago and I believed it could be a Apple product but after how Atv and iPad line evolved I’m not seen it happen never.

I love to be wrong so let’s hope I’m this time...

• iPad mini pro or the ability to run iPad apps on the plus size phones would be my best outcome for 2018. Just can’t get myself to go bigger

• edited December 2017

iPad mini pro is obviously out of table, apple stopped silently mini .. which is a pity, i would buy mini PRO immediately...

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    iPad mini pro or the ability to run iPad apps on the plus size phones would be my best outcome for 2018. Just can’t get myself to go bigger

@dendy said:
    iPad mini pro is obviously out of table, apple stopped silently mini .. which i a pity, i woukd but mini PRO immediately...

:(