Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• I was considering purchasing Egoist while on sale, but this seems to sit somewhere in the same space.

So, Groove Rider or Egoist?

• @JangoMango said:
    It’s aweasome.. how the hell does it work? Lol

Have a look through the manuals for the electribe2 to get some ideas. Workflow is very, very similar.

http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/367/

• I had to come out of my hole to tell everyone to buy this app, and poison too while you’re at it. This thing is so fun. One thing I think could be a glitch is pattern names not showing up on the main list but they show up when I’m in the pattern itself? Anyone else?

• This app is soooooo Cool!....... it's really easy to make House & Nu Disco on it. AWESOME STUFF,!...... would be even better(hopefully later on as Poison did) to become an AU Unit......... This is just fantastic. <3

• edited December 2017

@busker said:
    I was considering purchasing Egoist while on sale, but this seems to sit somewhere in the same space.

I don’t own egoist. I’ve looked at it a few times. Personally I find GR more accessable, fun looking and feeling. I haven’t stopped messing with it for 2+ hours. Egoist looks to me much more programmy. This you can actually mess with and automate so seemlessly as you learn it. That’s only my impression of egoist though. I may be very wrong

Edit. Just a few minutes into some egoist videos they both seem cool. Similar but different. I recommend Doug’s vids

• Can you edit pitch parameters per step, or is this something done through automation?

• edited December 2017

@anomieholiday said:
    Can you edit pitch parameters per step, or is this something done through automation?

Yes I believe there are 2 automation settings “smooth” and by step

• Think I’m going to get this in the hope that it doesn’t drain my phone battery in half an hour like Gadget. Anyone got any thoughts on its battery usage before I dive in?

• @anomieholiday said:
    Can you edit pitch parameters per step, or is this something done through automation?

When in pattern edit mode(seq is flashing) just hold a step and tweak a knob.

• @busker said:
    I was considering purchasing Egoist while on sale, but this seems to sit somewhere in the same space.

Suspect they are maps that will take you to very different places.

• @Jocphone said:
    Think I’m going to get this in the hope that it doesn’t drain my phone battery in half an hour like Gadget. Anyone got any thoughts on its battery usage before I dive in?

if gadget drains your battery in half an hour theb problem is definitely in your battery not in gadget...

• @Samu said:

@david_2017 said:

Is this Maschine able to cut even drumloops in a way Bilbao or abudabi does it? And play it back with sequncing the fragments?

Yes, this can be done when a part is in 'slice mode'.
    You can set the start, end & pitch individually for each of the 16 slices and sequence them.

This 'thing' will only get better with time :)

How do you set the start and ends? Can’t seem to make it sound any different?

• @Samu said:

@anomieholiday said:

When in pattern edit mode(seq is flashing) just hold a step and tweak a knob.

Any idea how to record say a filter cut off sweep longer than the loop of the synth it’s on?

• @DaveMagoo said:

Any idea how to record say a filter cut off sweep longer than the loop of the synth it’s on?

Assign the LFO that is not BPM synced to modulate the Cutoff.
    It will last for a few pattern loops at slow speed, this is just a work-around though.

• @dendy said:

@Jocphone said:
    Think I’m going to get this in the hope that it doesn’t drain my phone battery in half an hour like Gadget. Anyone got any thoughts on its battery usage before I dive in?

if gadget drains your battery in half an hour theb problem is definitely in your battery not in gadget...

Actually I had a new battery last week courtesy of Apple as it did have a problem but I still think Gadget on the iPhone was pretty thirsty.

• Is it possible to copy let’s say bar1 to bar2 (3,4... etc) ?

• Superb, this; makes me want to get an Electribe 2.

• edited December 2017

@dendy said:
    Is it possible to copy let’s say bar1 to bar2 (3,4... etc) ?

It does that automatically when you extend a pattern from 1>2 and from 2>4(ie. 1&2 > 3&4)
    If you extend from 1>4 bar 1 will be copied to 2,3 & 4.

The copy function can be a bit tricky as it copies 'a lot of stuff'.
    So for example if you have part 1 selected it also copies the sound but it also copies other part info and pattern data. On paste you get the option what to paste. It also respects what bar was selected when copying so when you paste '1 bar' it's pasted to the currently selected bar. It's best to experiment pasting into a new pattern until it 'clicks'.

• @Purpan said:
    Superb, this; makes me want to get an Electribe 2.

Don't do it! E2 is a great idea but not that great in practice.. now using an E2 as a midi controller for this app? That might be cool

• Can GR take 24bit samples?

• @mireko_2 said:

@Purpan said:
    Superb, this; makes me want to get an Electribe 2.

Don't do it! E2 is a great idea but not that great in practice.. now using an E2 as a midi controller for this app? That might be cool

The ultimative humiliation...

• Is there a manual? Can’t seem to record anything to a pad. Just plays preset patterns.

• Great app! Can't figure out how to rename my patterns, a hint would be appreciated.

• edited December 2017

@firejan82 said:
    Great app! Can't figure out how to rename my patterns, a hint would be appreciated.

Tap Shift+Write to rename the pattern and then 'write' to save it with the new name.

• @Samu said:

@firejan82 said:
    Great app! Can't figure out how to rename my patterns, a hint would be appreciated.

Tap Shift+Write to rename the pattern and then 'write' to save it with the new name.

Thanks @Samu!

• How does the automation work? I’m trying to see what everyone is excited about with this but I don’t see what’s so unique. I’m not wild about the sounds in the preset patterns at all, but that’s just a matter of taste. So far, I’m thinking I’m plenty covered in this area and would rather spend more time getting better with BM3.

Is it that many of you are attracted to this based on nostalgia for hardware this does a good job of emulating? If so, I don’t have any legacy context in this area.

I mean, it seems like a nice app with a great deal built in, etc. but I’m not seeing what the big attraction is. Maybe it’s just not the sort of thing I dig. Still curious though. What specifically do many of you instant fans of this find so appealing?

• edited December 2017

Haven’t had much time to play with it, but from what I’ve played with so far is really really nice. Here’s a quick little jam i composed as i am learning the app:

• edited December 2017

@Samu

enlarging pattern from 1>2,3,4 bars doesn’t work because this copies data only first time you do it - if you return back to 1 and then again to 4 it doesn’t copy anything

also pressing “copy” when first bar selected (in seq mode), then selecting second bar, again press copy, then choose “1 bar” - it copies just active part, not all parts..

i want copy everything - all parts from bar1 to other bars

it’s a pity... looks it is not possible

• cool app, will definitely get more game time when it can follow midi clock , even more if we get to trigger from hardware pad controllers , so far so good.