Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• Pretty great so far. Would it be too much to ask for "record on input/first key press"?

• @AndyPlankton said:

@jimpavloff said:
    In the nearest update I plan to do:

• fix the import samples crash issue;
    • remove Import and Export subfolders from Documents folder which are currently there (added by a mistake);
    • you will be able to create your own folders with imported samples inside the Documents and access them from the part's Wave selection table;
    • Virtual Midi Input and probably Midi CC support;
    • Audio Export options.

Put me down for core midi input and output :) notes, cc’s and clock.......other than that this is looking awesome for my needs.

Program change would be super useful as well. :)

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Samu said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Instacrash by double-tapping the little rotary knob on the left. I don’t know exactly why I double-tapped it, but the app crashes immediately.

I'll forward it to the man in charge, what device/ios-version are you running on?

Cool. Air2, 11.2

Can confirm :# . Air2, newest

• And how do you turn off the metronome??

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    And how do you turn off the metronome??

Tap the Enter button go to Settings > Metronome and turn it off...

• @DeVlaeminck said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Samu said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Instacrash by double-tapping the little rotary knob on the left. I don’t know exactly why I double-tapped it, but the app crashes immediately.

I'll forward it to the man in charge, what device/ios-version are you running on?

Cool. Air2, 11.2

Can confirm :# . Air2, newest

crashes my Air2 @10.3.3 aswell

• btw any chance to get sample import without iTunes for 10.3.3 (open with or the likes)?

• @jimpavloff said:
    Greetings to all AB forum users!

I'm happy to announce that I've just released the first version of GR-16 on the App Store! Those, who pre-ordered it already, should soon receive notifications.

Although the release looks pretty stable, I was able to find one crash issue regarding importing user samples, which is still there. It is already fixed and will be in the first update, but due to the Apple review team Christmas holidays it may be released not earlier than in a week. I hope for your understanding. I could delay the release for a week or more to fix that, but I decided to make it now to brighten up your Christmas holidays.

Respect,
    Jim

Best day ever. Thanks for creating and releasing such a fun and cool tool. Looking forward to playing and making music with this one.

• @Samu wow, yes this as AUv3 would be amazing :)

• edited December 2017

@Samu said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Thanks. That’s idiosyncratic: There are three levels of “metronome rec.” Also it seems that the only way to change the tempo while a beat is playing is by tapping? But this app looks really rewarding: many many Options.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Samu said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Thanks. That’s idiosyncratic: There are three levels of “metronome rec.” Also it seems that the only way to change the tempo while a beat is playing is by tapping? But this app looks really rewarding: many many Options.

In the menu you can use the 'button you crash the app' with to scroll tempo value, just don't double-tap it :)

• So much stuff in a great interface and the little xy pad can play arpeggios and notes. Sample import from AudioShare would be cool but this is awesome. Thank you @jimpavloff !

• edited December 2017

@db909 said:
    So much stuff in a great interface and the little xy pad can play arpeggios and notes. Sample import from AudioShare would be cool but this is awesome. Thank you @jimpavloff !

If you're on iOS11 doing a drag'n'drop/copy from the AudioShare folder in Files.app to GrooveMaker -> Imports works quite well :)

• I would speculate that you could download the electribe2 manual and learn a lot from it. I have an electribe2 and it works so similarly that I can just use it without much thinking.

• @Samu said:

@db909 said:
    So much stuff in a great interface and the little xy pad can play arpeggios and notes. Sample import from AudioShare would be cool but this is awesome. Thank you @jimpavloff !

If you're on iOS11 doing a drag'n'drop/copy from the AudioShare folder in Files.app to GrooveMaker -> Imports works quite well :)

Thanks the only problem is I'm not

• iOS 9.x...I wonder if this too much app for my humble iPad4...or not.

• edited December 2017

@ExAsperis99 said:

After reading your comment, I had an indelible urge to double tap it myself. Indeed causes insta-crash here as well.

Amazing app non-the-less ., I love that it's chock full of demo songs that really show what it's capable of. He obviously had a lot of fun programming this thing.

• To set the parameters of the MFX, do we need to use the xy pad in MFX mode with Hold selected? Is there another way to edit the MFX?

For the IFX, it just has a single knob for parameter setting, right? Or am I missing a menu somewhere?

• @fjcblanco said:
    iOS 9.x...I wonder if this too much app for my humble iPad4...or not.

Performance is ok on my iPhone 5, iOS10.3.3 so it should run well on your iPad 4.

• @JonLewis said:

For the IFX, it just has a single knob for parameter setting, right? Or am I missing a menu somewhere?

IFX is one knob only just like on the Electribe. That's why there are so many variations of the effects.

• Gotcha!
    For the effects and mod settings that reference an LFO, where is it getting the LFO speed/shape from?

• edited December 2017

Sigh. Didn't need any new apps today. But it's off to the App Store to pick up this one! :smile:

Edit (30 minutes later): Wow.

• Woke up with a shiny new app on my device like it was Christmas morning

• @ruggedsmooth said:
    Woke up with a shiny new app on my device like it was Christmas morning

Me too :)

• edited December 2017

@JonLewis said:
    Gotcha!
    For the effects and mod settings that reference an LFO, where is it getting the LFO speed/shape from?

The LFO is Triangle and the Saw Up, Down Square are also LFO's with shape in the name.
    (So if you need a ramp/saw LFO select the Saw Up / Down as modulation source).

The LFO without BPM is free-running, the BPM variations use tempo division.

• It’s aweasome.. how the hell does it work? Lol

• @JangoMango said:
    It’s aweasome.. how the hell does it work? Lol

Play around with it and find out :)
    That was the most fun part I had when I got the opportunity to beta-test it :D

• @Telengard said:
    I would speculate that you could download the electribe2 manual and learn a lot from it. I have an electribe2 and it works so similarly that I can just use it without much thinking.

Agree. Zero learning curve here :)

• @Trueyorky said:

@Telengard said:
    I would speculate that you could download the electribe2 manual and learn a lot from it. I have an electribe2 and it works so similarly that I can just use it without much thinking.

Agree. Zero learning curve here :)

And it beats the Electribe 2 by a mile when it comes to editing the recorded automation ;)

• I could see this as being a great Midi Out controller to play with external and soft synths.

Man this thing is truly awesome. Can’t wait to play with it more.