Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• Great! +1 for midi CC :)

@jimpavloff said:
    In the nearest update I plan to do:

• fix the import samples crash issue;
    • remove Import and Export subfolders from Documents folder which are currently there (added by a mistake);
    • you will be able to create your own folders with imported samples inside the Documents and access them from the part's Wave selection table;
    • Virtual Midi Input and probably Midi CC support;
    • Audio Export options.
  • edited December 2017

loving this app. how/where do you import samples?. i tried to send them from audiobus, but it did not show it as an option to import too

• edited December 2017

Wow! It is like an updated electribe2!!!!! F&*&**#ing Awesome!!

• @eross said:
    loving this app. how/where do you import samples?. i tried to send them from audiobus, but it did not show it as an option to import too

Currently samples need to be moved in to the GR's Documents/Import folder to use them. Use iTunes or Files.app for this. After update, you will not only be limited in the Import folder, but also can store your samples into any folder under the Documents.

• Can we preorder the update?

• So easy to get great sounds out of :)

Now how do I fit something into my setup like this? Lol I’ve sorta moved away from beat boxes, but this has a lot going for it....hmmm

• edited December 2017

Bought it.

Just getting used to it.

How does one set and restrict to a key/scale for the keyboard mode?

• Hopefully somebody will make some tutorial videos........this sounds great but I haven’t got a clue how to program it , having never used this type of beatbox workflow before .

• @jimpavloff said:

@eross said:

Currently samples need to be moved in to the GR's Documents/Import folder to use them. Use iTunes or Files.app for this. After update, you will not only be limited in the Import folder, but also can store your samples into any folder under the Documents.

what is files.app. can the way be done without a computer?

• edited December 2017

awesome stuff, in all aspects way better than Korg's Electribe (i own one, now i know i will never turn it on again :))

I said it already - this thing is everything and more what Korg Ekectribe was supposed to be but Korg failed to do it.. Thumbs up !

it's funny how single developer is able to do something which is big company not able to do for years.. Big respect man !

@jimpavloff just one thing.. i know it is not so easy but i was hoping you will implement this better than korg.. reveb/delay tails when pattern is switched.. you know what i mean :) Now they are cutted and this is one of most requested features (to not cut them, but naturally end) on electribe facebook group..

if there is any chance to change this, it would be mega awesome

• edited December 2017

Virtual Midi Input and probably Midi CC suppor

very cool idea because then i will be possible use electribe hw as controller for groove rider :-)

• @eross said:

what is files.app. can the way be done without a computer?

Files.app is part of iOS11.

• This looks like all kinds of deliciousness. Wondering what kind of work flow people are adopting in using with a daw like bm3.

• @triton100 said:
    This looks like all kinds of deliciousness. Wondering what kind of work flow people are adopting in using with a daw like bm3.

Still thinking about it. Have to say it’s pretty quick to whip up some sounds and do quick loops. I just haven’t got a plan yet how or if I should incorporate this into my BM3 set up

• Sample import via the files app makes this a winner. Now if anyone can tell me if this has stem export? - if so, this is a real winner.

• @triton100 said:
    This looks like all kinds of deliciousness. Wondering what kind of work flow people are adopting in using with a daw like bm3.

When the audio-export comes I'll be using that but until then I'll do synced recordings like I do with most other apps.
    I host it in AUM with Link so it's easy to record 'perfect' loops that can be imported to BM3.

For now I'm enjoying it in stand-alone mode and creating some crazy patterns :)
    (It can do tricks that BM3 can't due to BM3 lacking automation over sample start/end).

• thanks received the notification and downloaded

checked out some presets :D words do not describe what i experience

congratulations @jimpavloff on a truly inspirational toy

i love riding the groove machine B)

• If possible, would love to see some form of connection between this and Jim’s Poison 202 app. If 202 could be expanded to be able to do all of the sounds and fx of this and then we could export sounds from this to 202 for AU use in other apps.

• This sounds so amazing! Sample import via files app and drag an drop? Wohooo

Is this Maschine able to cut even drumloops in a way Bilbao or abudabi does it? And play it back with sequncing the fragments?

I hope for some videos in the next hours. Can’t wait To see it in action! Maybe this will work nicely with my circuit together?
    Finger hovering over the buy button

• @david_2017 said:

Is this Maschine able to cut even drumloops in a way Bilbao or abudabi does it? And play it back with sequncing the fragments?

Yes, this can be done when a part is in 'slice mode'.
    You can set the start, end & pitch individually for each of the 16 slices and sequence them.

This 'thing' will only get better with time :)

• Wow instant gratification... my wife is looking at me with crazy eyes...I’m must look cool nodding my head to beat :sunglasses:

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    If possible, would love to see some form of connection between this and Jim’s Poison 202 app. If 202 could be expanded to be able to do all of the sounds and fx of this and then we could export sounds from this to 202 for AU use in other apps.

If I'm not mistaken GR will at some point be an AUv3 if all goes well ;)

As for the sounds them selves, they can already be quite easily re-made in Poison-202 but it's a lot easier to tweak them in GR not having to worry 'which knobs to tweak' in Poison-202. And well, Poison-202 doesn't have sample-playback...

• @Samu @Fruitbat1919

Am I in crazy town for thinking this, or does this almost look like a fully fledged song creator / daw, other than adding vocals which you would do in cubasis auria Logic etc anyway? Hence possible not even needing something like bm3 ?

• @Samu thanks sir for your super quick reply! I think Bilbao is then off the table :-)

Super excited still for some YouTube clips

• @triton100 said:

Am I in crazy town for thinking this, or does this almost look like a fully fledged song creator / daw, other than adding vocals which you would do in cubasis auria Logic etc anyway? Hence possible not even needing something like bm3 ?

It really depends on ones needs to be honest :)

• Instacrash by double-tapping the little rotary knob on the left. I don’t know exactly why I double-tapped it, but the app crashes immediately.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Instacrash by double-tapping the little rotary knob on the left. I don’t know exactly why I double-tapped it, but the app crashes immediately.

I'll forward it to the man in charge, what device/ios-version are you running on?

• @triton100 said:
    @Samu @Fruitbat1919

Not for myself, as working in small 4 bar increments does not work well my keyboard meanderings - I’m struggling with iMPC Pro2s 32 bar limit!

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@triton100 said:
    @Samu @Fruitbat1919

Not for myself, as working in small 4 bar increments does not work well my keyboard meanderings - I’m struggling with iMPC Pro2s 32 bar limit!

Ah right of course. I’m not fully up to speed with groove boxes but I do have ielectribe so it seems like a more melodic version of that with the synth module etc. Ok downloading now.

• @Samu said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Instacrash by double-tapping the little rotary knob on the left. I don’t know exactly why I double-tapped it, but the app crashes immediately.

I'll forward it to the man in charge, what device/ios-version are you running on?

Cool. Air2, 11.2