Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Greetings to all AB forum users!

I'm happy to announce that I've just released the first version of GR-16 on the App Store! Those, who pre-ordered it already, should soon receive notifications.

Although the release looks pretty stable, I was able to find one crash issue regarding importing user samples, which is still there. It is already fixed and will be in the first update, but due to the Apple review team Christmas holidays it may be released not earlier than in a week. I hope for your understanding. I could delay the release for a week or more to fix that, but I decided to make it now to brighten up your Christmas holidays.

Respect,
Jim

Comments

• Congrats on the release, Jim. Good luck!

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1318750537

• The buy button is greyed out, what probably means that I need to wait ;-)

But hey, great - It even works on iOS 9, which is fantastic in the light of Apps that just think there only exists iOS 11 and nothing else!!!!

Cudos for this

• @tja said:
    The buy button is greyed out, what probably means that I need to wait ;-)

But hey, great - It even works on iOS 9, which is fantastic in the light of Apps that just think there only exists iOS 11 and nothing else!!!!

Cudos for this

It will take some time for all the store to 'sync'.
    There are some advantages of using iOS11 here though as you can manage the samples using Files.app instead of using iTunes on the computer ;)

• Strange I pre ordered but it’s still showing the price

• So, is this actually available now to download for all those that didn’t preorder? Yep, I did preorder lol.

Not in any way having a go at the dev. Just wondering if people who didn’t preorder can now purchase before those that did while we wait for the shop to catch up to reality? If so, not a good advert for preorders! If not so, go about your business, nothing to see here ;)

• @jimpavloff thanks so much - you just made my Christmas. I’m sure this will be a huge success for you :)

• The pre-order tag just disappeared on the Swedish AppStore so it's just a matter of time before it's available everywhere :)

• edited December 2017

Pre order seems like a fail

• @Sbee said:

Feels like a 'buggy' iTunes feature that Apple needs to check...

• tjatja
    edited December 2017

@Samu said:

@tja said:
    The buy button is greyed out, what probably means that I need to wait ;-)

Cudos for this

It will take some time for all the store to 'sync'.
    There are some advantages of using iOS11 here though as you can manage the samples using Files.app instead of using iTunes on the computer ;)

Uhmm.

I do not use iTunes or a computer for my music stuff.

If that means, I can then only use the App under iOS 11, I need to skip it for now.

Thanks for the warning.

• Done. Had to cancel my pre order and purchase in normal way.

• @jimpavloff Concrete Man 5 - I just can’t stop smiling !!

• Congrats... Only messed with it for about 10 minutes (Linked to Maschine) and can feel the power of this app...
    Thank you..

• Puuuh what a great sound in there...soo funkyyy :) Congrats Jimaudio!

• @tja said:

If that means, I can then only use the App under iOS 11, I need to skip it for now.

There's plenty of included samples and a capable synth for creating sounds.
    And you can hook it up with AUM and use Link to sync it :)

• @Sbee said:

Pre pre pre order next time seems like a winning strategy.

Pre pre order (a.k.a. What we have now) seems inadequate.

• Top news download now glad I pre ordered.

• Midi-learnable?

• edited December 2017

@Samu said:

@tja said:

Can samples be used for melodic playback ? ... from the pads, not by automating pitch

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Samu said:

@tja said:

Can samples be used for melodic playback ? ... from the pads, not by automating pitch

Yes, all samples can be played melodically when in keys or chord mode.

• @Samu said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Samu said:

@tja said:

Yes, all samples can be played melodically when in keys or chord mode.

Bought :) Hoping though that midi io does make it in not too far down the line.....otherwise this will get relegated to the ‘will delete when pushed for space’ folder

• @AndyPlankton said:

Bought :) Hoping though that midi io does make it in not too far down the line.....otherwise this will get relegated to the ‘will delete when pushed for space’ folder

It works perfectly with Link and hosted in AUM :)
    I do hope the Link SDK with support for Start/Stop leaves beta soon...

• Has a good feel to it, agree that midi is pretty essential for me too. Should make a nice fit with Launch control XL.

• @Carnbot said:
    Has a good feel to it, agree that midi is pretty essential for me too. Should make a nice fit with Launch control XL.

Midi-In should be in the pipe as far as I know...
    Doesn't hurt to send Jim a message and tell both positives and negatives and requests as that will help him improve it :)

• @Samu said:

@Carnbot said:
    Has a good feel to it, agree that midi is pretty essential for me too. Should make a nice fit with Launch control XL.

Midi-In should be in the pipe as far as I know...
    Doesn't hurt to send Jim a message and tell both positives and negatives and requests as that will help him improve it :)

Yep certainly will once I get a feel for it :)

• pre-order worked for me. Found it downloaded on my iPad automatically!!!!

• In the nearest update I plan to do:

• fix the import samples crash issue;
    • remove Import and Export subfolders from Documents folder which are currently there (added by a mistake);
    • you will be able to create your own folders with imported samples inside the Documents and access them from the part's Wave selection table;
    • Virtual Midi Input and probably Midi CC support;
    • Audio Export options.
  • @Samu said:

@AndyPlankton said:

It works perfectly with Link and hosted in AUM :)
    I do hope the Link SDK with support for Start/Stop leaves beta soon...

@Carnbot said:

Exactly....controller input...as well as sequence recording from/to hardware sequencer..midi clock would be good too

• @jimpavloff said:
    In the nearest update I plan to do:

• fix the import samples crash issue;
    • remove Import and Export subfolders from Documents folder which are currently there (added by a mistake);
    • you will be able to create your own folders with imported samples inside the Documents and access them from the part's Wave selection table;
    • Virtual Midi Input and probably Midi CC support;
    • Audio Export options.

Put me down for core midi input and output :) notes, cc’s and clock.......other than that this is looking awesome for my needs.