Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MusicStudio Update!!!

So glad to see it update~~for a long time~

Comments

• I used to love this way back when :)

• It's still a good little app. It's the nearest you can get to from the original FL Studio 2(actually I thought the Dev from MusicStudio wrote FL Studio for ImageLine?)...

• Nice. Thanks for the heads up.

• edited December 2017

:)

• @studs1966 said:
    It's still a good little app. It's the nearest you can get to from the original FL Studio 2(actually I thought the Dev from MusicStudio wrote FL Studio for ImageLine?)...

He did. Then imageline took it back in-house and broke many features

• @BiancaNeve said:

@studs1966 said:
    It's still a good little app. It's the nearest you can get to from the original FL Studio 2(actually I thought the Dev from MusicStudio wrote FL Studio for ImageLine?)...

"I Rest My Case M' Lord"....... ;)

• Love MusicStudio, it’s a universal workhorse with plenty of features to get one started. I think it was my first DAW, if my memory serves.

• This was my first iOS DAW as well, back when I had only an iPhone at my disposal. I recall loving the piano roll in particular.

• @studs1966 said:

I thought so as well.

Last time around for FL.

I find FL so non intuitive for my brain I gave up. Everything seems on the wrong side or press cues are odd I don't know.

I think Music Studio version is a long standing app in it for the long haul.

• @BiancaNeve said:

@studs1966 said:

How can you say that?? LOL ;)

• edited December 2017

I love Music Studio. I love its built-in sounds. The five new sounds are nice and automatically free if you bought the all-sounds IAP. Its built-in sampler may not be the fullest featured like BM3, but it’s perfect for simpler tasks and for building quick drum kits. Most importantly, Music Studio has ran solidly on any device I’ve hosted it on, including my iPod Touch 4.

I’m looking forward to Music Studio 3.

• And don't forget you can load soundfonts.

• Wait you can load SF2 files in Music Studio? Really?

• edited December 2017

@anickt said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@studs1966 said:

I can say that very easily, they still haven’t fixed all of them a year later.

You can’t load SF2 into Music Studio though.. But you can make your own instruments from samples.

• @BiancaNeve said:

@anickt said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@studs1966 said:

I can say that very easily, they still haven’t fixed all of them a year later.

You can’t load SF2 into Music Studio though.. But you can make your own instruments from samples.

Please note my LOL and wink. I was not questioning you!

• @fjcblanco said:
    And don't forget you can load soundfonts.

I thought that was Caustic, not Music Studio. If you know how, though, share with us how you do it.> @BiancaNeve said:

@studs1966 said:

Which really sucks. FLM 2 was solid and stable. Now it’s not as useful.

• The road to ruin started with Music Studio. Interested to get it back out again to see how nostalgia sounds.

• @fjcblanco said:

Oops, my mistake.

This is the thread that confused me.

http://www.xewton.com/musicstudio/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2066

By the way, you can import a lot of users sounds (I did it with the complete Sonatina in MS file format).

• edited December 2017

@fjcblanco said:

@fjcblanco said:

Oops, my mistake.

This is the thread that confused me.

http://www.xewton.com/musicstudio/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2066

By the way, you can import a lot of users sounds (I did it with the complete Sonatina in MS file format).

Any chance you can make a Youtube vid showing us how? :)

• The sonatina stuff became a built-in category of presets in MS actually. The user-made presets that are really helpful are the ones posted in the xewton forum by Maarten.

One big strength of MS: practically unlimited number of midi tracks. Makes it well suited for the kind of projects where you have a track for legato violins, another track for staccato, another for pizzicato, etc.

• so what the heck happened to fl studio updates that are supposed to make every day a happy one? Did they already abandon it?

• edited December 2017

@kobamoto said:
    so what the heck happened to fl studio updates that are supposed to make every day a happy one? Did they already abandon it?

No - I think image-line are just having a lot of problems keeping it working on all 3 platforms it seems. It’s noticeable that the pace of updates to Music Studio has become glacial since Xewton released an Android version

I still have a copy of FL Studio 2 safe on my gen1 iPad mini though :smiley:

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

Any chance you can make a Youtube vid showing us how? :)

No video, but as far I can remember it's pretty easy (because I did it).

When I'm back home I'll post some screen caps.

• Music studio was my first iOS daw as well, some brilliant sounds just wish there was a way to use them in Cubasis

• @Bloodline I use something called Audiobus to get audio and midi from Music Studio into Cubasis :wink:

• @Bloodline said:
    Music studio was my first iOS daw as well, some brilliant sounds just wish there was a way to use them in Cubasis

I find export midi etc very easy from Music Studio...think it will even do separate stems.

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    @Bloodline I use something called Audiobus to get audio and midi from Music Studio into Cubasis :wink:

Doh, didn’t even think of that lol

• Loading user instruments (from MusiciStudio forum, loaded via iFunbox):

And the result on the app:

• @fjcblanco said:
    Loading user instruments (from MusiciStudio forum, loaded via iFunbox):

And the result on the app:

I think this method also works if you scavenge instruments from FLSM 2 (older iOS) and drop them into MusicStudio.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    The road to ruin started with Music Studio. Interested to get it back out again to see how nostalgia sounds.

Ditto, except I probably will never re-download it. But I’m happy to know it’s still going and fondly recall my pre-iPad era and fumbling to record full tracks on a phone of all things.