Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moebius Lab 2 is now an AU host

Moebius Lab 2 - AU host!
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/moebius-lab/id1108915352?l=it&ls=1&mt=8

Moebius Lab is a multimorphic sound processor which contains a synth, a varispeed stereo sample player, 9 time domain effects, 6 spectral effects, multiple slots for external audio application and AU, and nearly 200 LFOs that can modulate each parameter.

What's New in Version 2

• New Support for AUv3/IAA Host
  • Host Sync play/stop/rewind/bpm
  • Added 4 Remote Audio Unit Nodes
  • Reverso Sub-division Time Clock bug fixed
  • RAU Input 2 Amplitude bug fixed
  • New Keyboard Transposition Key
  • New Keyboard Musical Scales, up to 35
  • New Keyboard Musical Scales, User Defined Scale
  • Improved LFO performance in background
  • New Send/Receive jitter-free MIDI clock
  • Midibus latest SDK
  • Audiobus latest SDK
  • Ableton LINK latest SDK
  • Disable Auto-Lock Screen

Comments

• Sweet! Thanks for all the hard work!

• Very useful piece of software for experimenting. Now with AU it’s even better!

• I'll say it again: an already great app gets even better!
    Thanks for your hard work.

• That's fantastic news, thank you!

• Amazing! For giggles I took a very middle of the road country loop from my new Sessionband bundle and just mashed it with this. So much fun.

Now, what are the statesaving options when we get that winning combination?

• Thanks for this! One of my favorite manglers!

• This is the day I've been waiting for. Next time you'll see me I'll be on the front page, dead, covered in Amazing Noises and apeSoft apps. Death by gluttony....

• Wahoo! Gnarly! :)

• Great!! Thanks!!

• wimwim
    edited December 2017

Wow!!
    I just took this out last night after having forgotten I even had it. I think at the time when I first tried it, I didn't "get it". This time around I was just shaking my head over how awesome it is and how I managed to miss out for so long. My only thought was "All it needs is support for hosting AUs". Then this. So weird (in an awesomely good way)!

• Yeah great :) Lots of fun with this as an AU host.
    Maybe they'll add AU midi support next and could get really interesting with hosting Rozeta.

• This app was great before... but Mauriziogiri painstakingly improved the entire interface in pretty much every little detail and function. Adding AUs/IAAs is much easier now. Found that a bit fiddly and frustrating in the released version, but he found a way to improve it significantly, while also refining the overall readability of the layout.

• A great developer. A great app. Great appreciation

• wimwim
    edited December 2017

The AU list shows all the Apple "Invisible" AUs!!

• @mauriziogiri that was quick! Thank you!

• @wim said:
    The AU list shows all the Apple "Invisible" AUs!!

Can’t expose any interface or parameters to use them that I can see though.

• @mauriziogiri said:
    Moebius Lab 2 - AU host!
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/moebius-lab/id1108915352?l=it&ls=1&mt=8

Moebius Lab is a multimorphic sound processor which contains a synth, a varispeed stereo sample player, 9 time domain effects, 6 spectral effects, multiple slots for external audio application and AU, and nearly 200 LFOs that can modulate each parameter.

What's New in Version 2

• New Support for AUv3/IAA Host
    • Host Sync play/stop/rewind/bpm
    • Added 4 Remote Audio Unit Nodes
    • Reverso Sub-division Time Clock bug fixed
    • RAU Input 2 Amplitude bug fixed
    • New Keyboard Transposition Key
    • New Keyboard Musical Scales, up to 35
    • New Keyboard Musical Scales, User Defined Scale
    • Improved LFO performance in background
    • New Send/Receive jitter-free MIDI clock
    • Midibus latest SDK
    • Audiobus latest SDK
    • Ableton LINK latest SDK
    • Disable Auto-Lock Screen

Good god man! You are on a serious mf-ing roll! Thank you and congrats on this.

• Great! Bought teh app BF 2016 and never used it, but it sure becomes very interesting. Does this mean the app can also use Bram Bos'' Rozeta?

• @mannix said:
    Great! Bought teh app BF 2016 and never used it, but it sure becomes very interesting. Does this mean the app can also use Bram Bos'' Rozeta?

It loads them, don’t think you can do anything with them though as they’re MIDI sequencers.

• Yes! Great update.

• Has anyone commented yet on how cool and interesting the synth is in this? It really is.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Has anyone commented yet on how cool and interesting the synth is in this? It really is.

Indeed. Try adding in a couple of IAA or (now) AU synths to the input on top of the internal one too. I threw Mood in there last night and about blew myself off the couch.

• this and gliderverb could really use some tutorials

• @oat_phipps said:
    Has anyone commented yet on how cool and interesting the synth is in this? It really is.

I have commented in the past that it’s very unappreciated. Just saying...

• @LeonLeroy said:
    this and gliderverb could really use some tutorials

The manual is actually pretty decent.

• Having a blast with it in AUM triggered with Rozeta Bassline.

• I’m obviously doing something wrong... but I can’t get any AUs to work. I’m assuming it works fine for everyone else?

• @DCJ said:
    I’m obviously doing something wrong... but I can’t get any AUs to work. I’m assuming it works fine for everyone else?

Yeah AUs work fine for me. If you tell me which ones you are trying, I can try them if I have them.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@DCJ said:
    I’m obviously doing something wrong... but I can’t get any AUs to work. I’m assuming it works fine for everyone else?

Yeah AUs work fine for me. If you tell me which ones you are trying, I can try them if I have them.

So strange. Zero AUs or IAAs are working. Definitely something I’m missing here. Is there something I’m not doing to activate them? Does it just work as soon as you load it?

• @DCJ said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@DCJ said:

So strange. Zero AUs or IAAs are working. Definitely something I’m missing here. Is there something I’m not doing to activate them? Does it just work as soon as you load it?

Some presets have the gains set so you can hear them, and some don't. Check the routing. Also, you may need to activate instrument AUs in the keyboard.

As for tutorials— there's a plethora of presets made to show off each of the effects. I learn more by analyzing these than by reading the manual, though it does come in handy as well.