Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Thank you Jonatan Liljedahl...

For the best audio tools on IOS: AUM **and **Audioshare! What a great team! How well and intelligently designed, good looking and intuitive UI, etc; it keeps amazing me what you can do with them (apart and together). Many compliments for your work!

ps. I had a very nice multi channel recording session with AUM today with Bram Bos' Rozeta apps and some AU synths and all worked out well and flawless and AUM saves the recorded tracks in Audioshare 'automatically' with the AUM project name and adds the bpm that was used to the individual track-filenames... and I thought: Wow! And needed to share that here...

pps. Thank you also for Sector and the AUFX-apps!

Comments

• +1 I've been doing the same with AUM and Rozeta, it's a seamless experience and instant recall if you use AU apps :)

• +1

LOVE Audioshare, also AUM and AUFX apps! Sector is great for what it does, but I don't use it that much. Still, well done and long it may continue!

• +1 AUM opened this all up for me as a pivoting point, and Rozeta has thus far been a very similar experience

• Agreed - I think we all forget how invaluable AUM is since it's more of a tool and less of the "shiny-new-thing-that-boops-and-beeps" variety.

I use AUM for everything now. Every new idea starts with firing up AUM. So yeah - thanks for that!

• Real visionary.

The real point of this thread should be this.

WHAT THE FUCK IS NEXT FROM THIS CREATIVE INTELLECTUAL MANIAK !

• Audioshare is the single most Important app ever!

• +1 for both Audioshare and AUM. I sure hope @j_liljedahl develops his own MIDI sequencer soon and makes it universal. I’d pay $19.99 USD for that. :)

• @j_liljedahl Every new idea starts with firing up AUM <-- YUP

• edited December 2017

I hope Jonatan has a chance to develop the innovative new features he has on his list for AUM--some of them could be truly game-changers for iOS music making.

• Absolutely essential stuff that we all take for granted these days.

• edited December 2017

@Hex047 said:
    Audioshare is the single most Important app ever!

An understatement that I couldn't possibly agree with more!

• tjatja
    edited December 2017

For AUM (and also AB) I would most like to see a feature that allows to save a configuration without all the Apps automatically loading and starting!

You could then select those you need without loading any and all Apps.

Usecase: I like to define lots MIDI Senders, filters and Synths using both AUM and AudioBus, but I sure do not want to load any and all instruments, sequencers and Synths!

But still, I want to evolve this configuration, adding and removing Apps until I am happy with the selection.

Right now, I need to save this into different configurations, but when I then want to change something, I would need to load and fix all of them - without any real reason.

Having the Apps just in the configuration without automatic load and start would makes things soooo much more easy.

• Merry Christmas everyone
    GOD JUL :blush:

• Much agreed. I use AUM live with my Novation Keystation. Load up the apps, MIDI-learn what's needed, and go! Love it. Still learning what it can do.

• @Kühl said:
    Merry Christmas everyone
    GOD JUL :blush:

Glædelig Jul!

• So much appreciation for @j_liljedahl and his killer apps

Extra special shout outs for:

AUFX Space
    What an incredible reverb... I’m a reverb junkie and this one is very high quality, underrated!

and

Nord Beat
    Keep my Nord Drums happy for years to come! :)

• Agree that Jonatan is the man on iOS! AudioShare is perfect, but AUM is even more betterer! I’m constantly being surprised on what can be done with AUM. The only nitpick I have with AUM is there’s no landscape mode on iPhone. Thanks again @j_liljedahl !!

• Yep, two of the most important apps on my devices. Good man.

• Wow, thank you all for the kind words! I really appreciate that you like my apps! ❤️

• @j_liljedahl said:
    Wow, thank you all for the kind words! I really appreciate that you like my apps! ❤️

>

It’s easy to like what works so well.

BTW, any chance of AUM getting a built-in record to loop function from mic and other apps, preferably with predefined loop lengths?

• Seconded. I'm generally against cloning but in this case I'd make an exception.

• Predefined loop length recording that can then be sent to Sector!

• Yeah, it seems like natural progression to me. Would happily buy it as an IAP.

• My music creation workflow has changed so much since AUM came on the scene. That and the coming of age of AU + Rozeta + StepPolyArp + Xequence + Blocswave I have finally ditched Cubasis and do everything as live mixes. No track is ever the same twice. Real blast. So yes, thank you Jonatan.

• J Lilla, Straight Outta Sweden drops in Spring 2018.

• edited December 2017

Yes thanks certainly for Audioshare and AUM without it iOS would have been totally different. But still missing the 2 years ago promised LINK update for Sector. I'm really missing that and it somehow looks like becoming abandonware Last update 9 jul 2015...

• @mannix said:
    Yes thanks certainly for Audioshare and AUM without it iOS would have been totally different. But still missing the 2 years ago promised LINK update for Sector. I'm really missing that and it somehow looks like becoming abandonware Last update 9 jul 2015...

Sector is not abandonware, there's simply no bugs to fix in it :)

Regarding adding free new features to existing apps: My TODO list is constantly re-ordering itself, so sometimes stuff can take a really long while before I find the time and energy to start working on it.