Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Frekvens - how to assign midi CCs?

Anyone in the know?

Comments

• I’m also trying to figure out how to make it listen to the bpm sent by Loopy and other apps but it ain’t happening.

• IAA or AU?
    Loading it as an IAA, it seems simple, though I only went to the screen where you enable it and didn't actually try it out. As an AU, it doesn't seem to expose any parameters, so I assume it's not possible to control it by MIDI when run as an AU.

• @wim said:
    IAA or AU?
    Loading it as an IAA, it seems simple, though I only went to the screen where you enable it and didn't actually try it out. As an AU, it doesn't seem to expose any parameters, so I assume it's not possible to control it by MIDI when run as an AU.

I meant in IAA. I did turn midi cc slider on (green) but then I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.

• @humbletune I've written to you via support email but here more folks might benefit from your answer ;)

• @supadom said:

@wim said:
    IAA or AU?

I meant in IAA. I did turn midi cc slider on (green) but then I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.

I just tried it in Frekven Standalone by sending CC 6 from midilfo and it works for me. Changing the rate of the lfo in Midilfo changes Frevkens frequency . To set it up I did as you did in Frevkens then in midilfo I assigned it to Frekens sending midi on channel 1 and assigned it CC#6 for example.

• @hacked_to_pieces said:

@supadom said:

@wim said:
    IAA or AU?

I just tried it in Frekven Standalone by sending CC 6 from midilfo and it works for me. Changing the rate of the lfo in Midilfo changes Frevkens frequency . To set it up I did as you did in Frevkens then in midilfo I assigned it to Frekens sending midi on channel 1 and assigned it CC#6 for example.

How do you know what CC is supposed to control what? All I care about is filters, the big dial on the loft and possibly the delays but trying to avoid going through all the CCs to find out ;)

• @supadom said:

@hacked_to_pieces said:

@supadom said:

@wim said:
    IAA or AU?

How do you know what CC is supposed to control what? All I care about is filters, the big dial on the loft and possibly the delays but trying to avoid going through all the CCs to find out ;)

In Frekven go to the midi section you will see # to the right of each parameter that is the midi CC just assign that number to midi lfo and it will modulate that parameter.

• @hacked_to_pieces said:

@supadom said:

@hacked_to_pieces said:

@supadom said:

@wim said:
    IAA or AU?

In Frekven go to the midi section you will see # to the right of each parameter that is the midi CC just assign that number to midi lfo and it will modulate that parameter.

Ah dude, I’m so dumb. I’ve been asking myself what are those numbers! I thought they were parameter ranges, I don’t know. All clear now, many thanks.

All I need now is to work out how to get it to read clock from other apps.