Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad Available Storage Issue

Hi,

Anyone had an issue with Available Storage filling up on its own on an iPad?

Tried rebooting, reinstalling, erasing, hard reset...clean install etc....all the usual and for some reason without any third party apps installed at a fresh install of iOS 10 on iPad 4 after a few hours the Storage fills up on its own!!!

Any ideas?

Comments

• @DaveMagoo said:
    Hi,

Tried rebooting, reinstalling, erasing, hard reset...clean install etc....all the usual and for some reason without any third party apps installed at a fresh install of iOS 10 on iPad 4 after a few hours the Storage fills up on its own!!!

Any ideas?

Was it downloading an iOS update perhaps? Or syncing iCloud files to local storage?

• @brambos said:

@DaveMagoo said:
    Hi,

Any ideas?

Was it downloading an iOS update perhaps? Or syncing iCloud files to local storage?

No it is already on the last iOS 10.3.3 and I have deleted (removed) all the iOS apps that it would let me and turned everything off such as iCloud Photo Library, iMessages, FaceTime etc....no 3rd party apps installed...i have had about 11 different iPads in the past and this is a first for me.

• settings -> general -> storage

will give you an overview to help you find where it is going

• the dropbox app has a bad habit of swelling to enormous size all on its own, but it sounds like you don't have dropbox installed.

• There have been so many problems with ios losing storage over the different operating systems, I don’t know where to start!

Really just hunt long and hard in storage section in settings. Problem is, that recently had problems showing IAP storage within apps, so that may not help.

Apps and things that I know have been or can be problematic:

Watching films and listening to music streamed can be an issue.
    Downloading anything with Safari can be a problem.
    I’ve seen the mail app grow in size before for no particular reason.
    iOS updates downloading without any permission.
    Leaving too many background tasks on seems to take storage on occasion, no idea why!

Sure there’s many others I’ve forgot lol

• edited December 2017

Social Media apps from a certain companies tend to grow in size insanely and none of them have yet implemented a 'clear cache' feature and recommend uninstalling and re-installing the apps. Yeah. I'm talking about Facebook/Messenger, Instagram, Twitter/Periscope and all the other crap...

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    There have been so many problems with ios losing storage over the different operating systems, I don’t know where to start!

Really just hunt long and hard in storage section in settings. Problem is, that recently had problems showing IAP storage within apps, so that may not help.

Leaving too many background tasks on seems to take storage on occasion, no idea why!

My ipad 4 (still on ios 9.3) shows over 12GB being used in the "Other files" section. I went through and tried to figure out where these 'other' files were and how to delete them, but couldn't find any way. FWIW - I ONLY use my ipad to make music with - never surf safari, no games, no videos, no mp3's, never use camera, nothing except music apps 100% exclusively... kinda frustrating there's no way to get back that 12GB sitting in limbo.

• @Halftone said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    There have been so many problems with ios losing storage over the different operating systems, I don’t know where to start!

My ipad 4 (still on ios 9.3) shows over 12GB being used in the "Other files" section. I went through and tried to figure out where these 'other' files were and how to delete them, but couldn't find any way. FWIW - I ONLY use my ipad to make music with - never surf safari, no games, no videos, no mp3's, never use camera, nothing except music apps 100% exclusively... kinda frustrating there's no way to get back that 12GB sitting in limbo.

Remember though that not all the grey other files section is always just other files. I’ve had it show obvious IAP from apps, as the apps did not show what they should be. This changed for myself on the last update 11.2, but prior to this I had apps like iSymphonic showing at there non IAP load. This was the case for many apps

• Just to give you some perspective

• I know the OS takes more space initially as background shit happens, but that does seem excessive considering.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    I know the OS takes more space initially as background shit happens, but that does seem excessive considering.

I will check back later when the ipad is full with another pic....never seen anything so crazy with an iPad.

• Maybe a ridiculous question but I have to ask ...
    Are you sure it's not your iCloud storage rather than the local storage that is full?

• @wim said:
    Maybe a ridiculous question but I have to ask ...
    Are you sure it's not your iCloud storage rather than the local storage that is full?

Yeah I have 1.07 terabytes of iCloud Storage left.

• Nearly 1.5GB lost whilst I was watching TV for last 2hrs! Mental.

• @Samu said:
    Social Media apps from a certain companies tend to grow in size insanely and none of them have yet implemented a 'clear cache' feature and recommend uninstalling and re-installing the apps. Yeah. I'm talking about Facebook/Messenger, Instagram, Twitter/Periscope and all the other crap...

True

• Note that the AudioShare storage does not show up in this Storage & Usage list in Settings. This is because AudioShare stores the files in an "app group container" (shared between all of my apps). Unfortunately Apple decided not to list those containers, so I can only assume that all your AudioShare files will count to the mysterious "Other" category.

• @JonLewis said:
    the dropbox app has a bad habit of swelling to enormous size all on its own, but it sounds like you don't have dropbox installed.

Sorry to take this OT, and might be a silly question - but why does the Dropbox app increase in size? Surely the point of it is that files are uploaded to your cloud account?

• @j_liljedahl said:
    Note that the AudioShare storage does not show up in this Storage & Usage list in Settings. This is because AudioShare stores the files in an "app group container" (shared between all of my apps). Unfortunately Apple decided not to list those containers, so I can only assume that all your AudioShare files will count to the mysterious "Other" category.

Thanks to everyone for their ideas & feedback.

I only have the following apps installed after a fresh install of the iPad not from a backup and nothing installed from third parties....

Settings
    Safari (never opened)
    Photo booth (never opened)
    Find iPhone (never opened)
    Photos (everything turned off)
    Camera (never used)
    Contacts (never opened)
    Clock
    Messages (everything turned off)
    App Store (never used)

Every other app icon that comes with a fresh install was deleted (removed) if it let me such as tips/mail etc..

• edited December 2017

Gonna return it today I think....4gb available space (and dwindling) on a fresh install of a new (to me) ipad is unacceptable.

• @DaveMagoo said:
    Gonna return it today I think....4gb available space (and dwindling) on a fresh install of a new (to me) ipad is unacceptable.

This is my home screen with every app installed showing...