Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Impulse response loading

Anyone using Fiddlicator or Polaron Rooms! To load speaker cabinet impulse responses?? Is there a better option? Rooms sounds great but no midi or eq control. Fiddlicator has great eq options, presets, midi but for some reason I get cracking and popping with it and can never make it sound great. Maybe I'm doing something wrong there?

Comments

• Fiddlicator is great. Just make sure that none of the stages are clipping

• Fiddlicator works great for me.
    Either your device is too slow and/or your impulse responses are too long, or you just have to close all apps and try again. I had crackling too repeatedly when an unused app with enabled background audio was still open in the background.

• I will have to try a reboot maybe. My device is plenty fast. I can run 4 guitar tracks with full fx chains in the instudio addon for tonestack and have no problems.

Rooms works great but always runs in 1024 for some reason. Even when i run in 1024 in tonestack/fiddlicator it has crackles etc.

how do you guys make sure your levels are right for no clipping and optimum signal strength to drive sims etc.

• liquidsonics mobile convolution?

• edited December 2017

iConvolver - Impulse Response Reverb de « ART Teknika Inc. »
    iConvolver - Impulse Response Reverb de « ART Teknika Inc. »

• ok i guess i will have to try some others. the thing i liked about fiddlicator is that it accepts midi input so I can at least switch one or two cabs quickly based on other presets that change with midi

• @gusgranite said:
    Altispace?

has a predaly...i cant get it to zero. makes cabs sound weird.

• does it matter if I am using 44100HZ 4800 HZ 88200 HZ or 9600 hz?

• huh, can confirm altispace has min 4ms predelay. that is odd!

mobile convolution goes down to zero

the frequency of the IR files is not critical

• i wonder what is causing the fiddlicator issue for me and for no one else. ill just keep trying. Cant turn away from the preset capability

• wimwim
    edited December 2017

@Briandandrig said:
    i wonder what is causing the fiddlicator issue for me and for no one else. ill just keep trying. Cant turn away from the preset capability

If it's just you, then the first thing I would suspect is your IR file(s). Sorry, I have been read the thread, but can't remember if you mentioned trying other files or not. Ignore if this is off the mark.

• Since you've had this issue for a while now I would start to suspect the IR files you are trying to use are somehow at fault. Have you tried different IR files to see if others work ok?

• yeah so I am testing the Ownhammer free mesa cab and the Free V30 from Celestion. Those are great quality IRs from what I am told.

They come in a myriad of different frequencies and formats and lengths. So maybe im just using the wrong one.

• thing is they work well in Rooms! but crackle in fiddlicator.
    I can try another app if it has presets?

• I mean I need a few of them since they are all just IAA and not AU so to load multiple cabs i need multiple apps anyway.

• mobile convolution seems to be responding well.

for anyone that has used it what is the Mirrored IR?

• mirrored IR will add a reverse version after the IR, creating a sort of ping pong effect

• all the apps i try work without crackling, except fiddlicator. have to play more. I need the switching.

• i guess i can always just use the laptop instead. i really want ios to work, just cant get right lol

• @wellingtonCres said:
    mirrored IR will add a reverse version after the IR, creating a sort of ping pong effect

sounds kinda cool. I am getting some good sounds out of it. at lesat enough to do some quick sketches on the go. not sure about live though. i might have to get the mooer Radar.

• @Briandandrig said:

@wellingtonCres said:
    mirrored IR will add a reverse version after the IR, creating a sort of ping pong effect

sounds kinda cool. I am getting some good sounds out of it. at lesat enough to do some quick sketches on the go. not sure about live though. i might have to get the mooer Radar.

Mobile Convolution can load up to 90 second IRs and you can stretch to 500%. Wicked fun for ambient.

• Yeha I will have to check that for some other stuff. Atm I am just working on getting the sound in my head. Much easier to achieve with a good speaker cab file compared to the stock stuff in the apps (though tonestacks cabs arent bad). I am more accustom to Two Notes WOS. that is a beast of a cab sim software. I might be gravitating to PC just because nothing like it exists in the ios marketplace. it is crazy to me that bias is the only app with power amp options.

• I didn't have any issue using fiddlicator inside tonestack on my iPad air, not sure why it is causing you such an issue but I hope that you get it solved.

• edited December 2017

Mobile Convolution isn’t available in the U.S. App Store But is available in the Australian store?

Edit: never mind, the issue was just with the link above. If I search for it, I can find it.

• mobile convolution is quite good. the lack of quick switching is abummer though

• @Briandandrig said:
    mobile convolution is quite good. the lack of quick switching is abummer though

Don't know if you solved your issue, but have you tried lowering the level of the impulse response in fiddlicator so that it's not clipping? I had a similar issue to you - had to use the red knob to lower the level of the IR to about -16dB (it's the red knob next to clean)