Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget - Project transfer or cloud storage and access help

Is it possible to save a gadget project on my iPad, get it into a cloud, access the cloud and save it onto my iPhone so that when I open it it looks exactly like it did on my iPad? The only think I have managed to move over successfully are midi files broken down into individual scenes for each bar of a song then again broken down into each gadget. It won’t even have the correct presets for the gadget in the file, it’s just notes. This is ridulously frustrating and I would appreciate any help one might have to offer. I have the gadget cloud enabled but it doesn’t seem to really do anything. I can listen to a song I have saved to the gadget cloud, but only if it isn’t private, which makes no sense either.

Can anyone point me to a guide or detailed explanation of how to get this working correctly?

The new Files app should make this super easy but gadget isn’t even in there either.

Comments

• I've done it, but I can't remember how. I do know that I never signed up for GadgetCloud or Alihoopa. Any Korg folks here?

• Hit the cloud icon when you hit the open menu in gadget. Open iphone and it should show up there in the open menu. If you import a sample you need to hit the cloud button in the sample menu and load it in iPhone project

• edited December 2017

There isn’t a cloud option from the open menu. It just opens a menu with demo projects. That’s all there is to click.

What about the export..... does it need to be done a specific way on the iPad so it’s usable on iPhone?

I see it, that cloud is there on the iPad. Trying now.

• It works. But it’s a little like a puzzle. I’m not sure how i did it — and at one point i thought i deleted my best song, but after quitting and rebooting, it was on both devices. Now I just have to devise a scheme to remember which is the latest version…

• @Breezee said:
    There isn’t a cloud option from the open menu. It just opens a menu with demo projects. That’s all there is to click.

What about the export..... does it need to be done a specific way on the iPad so it’s usable on iPhone?

You can get your projects out with ITunes

@ExAsperis99 said:
    It works. But it’s a little like a puzzle. I’m not sure how i did it — and at one point i thought i deleted my best song, but after quitting and rebooting, it was on both devices. Now I just have to devise a scheme to remember which is the latest version…

Recommend numbering your saves. Draft is 0. First arrangements is 1. Every subsequent save is a .1

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@Breezee said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    It works. But it’s a little like a puzzle. I’m not sure how i did it — and at one point i thought i deleted my best song, but after quitting and rebooting, it was on both devices. Now I just have to devise a scheme to remember which is the latest version…

Recommend numbering your saves. Draft is 0. First arrangements is 1. Every subsequent save is a .1

Good idea. right now most things are called “Enoish Ambient Thing 2 w/new CodaREV.”

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@Breezee said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Good idea. right now most things are called “Enoish Ambient Thing 2 w/new CodaREV.”

Yeah one day I hope we get some folders for drafts and projects. Korg gives us little Windows with long lists, which is just weird.

• Deleted and reinstalled app on iPhone. Re-logged in with cloud. Went to iPad as Asperis stated and hit the cloud button and waited a minute and they were then available on iPhone too. Thanks Asperis and community.

• edited December 2017

Also, there are three different states of the cloud icon - here's an explanation I made on the Gadget Users FB Group:

• Grey cloud = on device but not uploaded to iCloud (click cloud icon to upload)
    • Solid blue cloud = on device AND in iCloud
    • Dotted cloud = in iCloud but not on current device (Click name to download = the icon turns into circle while downloading. Turns into solid blue cloud once fully downloaded)