Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Space Echo 201 Emulation

Comments

• @lala said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    I still find it strange that something could be called Space Echo, I imagine the sound in space to actually be quite dead due to the distinct lack of objects to reflect the echo from :D

actually there is no sound in space, its dead silent, sound needs some medium to travel like air or water (and a brain to interpret the signal, if you look at sound on a physical level it just different levels of air pressure)
    all the movies where big things are exploding with a big bang in space are fake ;)

'In space no one can hear you scream'
    That was the promo for 'Alien'

• Bump. By now there must be a decent au space echo emulation...?

• i use a combination of lofi duplicat for the delay section and the spring reverb AU from ivcs3, you might add master record for tone and tape sim

• @wellingtonCres said:
    i use a combination of lofi duplicat for the delay section and the spring reverb AU from ivcs3, you might add master record for tone and tape sim

I’ve just done the same! There’s also Dubstation 2. Neither are quite the same sadly

• edited December 2017

@brambos said:
    I recall reading about a Roland RE-201 Space Echo emulation for iOS. Anyone know which app/plugin that could have been?

might’ve been Lofionic Duplicat by Chris Rivers?

• @wellingtonCres said:
    i use a combination of lofi duplicat for the delay section and the spring reverb AU from ivcs3, you might add master record for tone and tape sim

Yea these are great when you want more tape and spring sounds. Then DDMF envelope(or eos2) + dubstation when need more pristine verb and delays with ping pong and other more advanced features.

• @AndyPlankton said:

I grew out of Star Trek.............but not Dr Who or Star Wars :D

The new Star Trek Discovery series is the best Trek ever. Maybe the best SF series ever on TV. In the same league as Battlestar Gallactica and even Firefly.

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    and even Firefly.

Never! >:)

• @brambos said:

@Lady_App_titude said:
    and even Firefly.

I know. But it’s that good.

• @brambos said:

@Lady_App_titude said:
    and even Firefly.

100%

• It's good, but I'm not sure about Firefly status.

• can't be better than Voyager? a battle in every episode.
    think i'll give it a spin and see

• @Lady_App_titude said:

@AndyPlankton said:

I grew out of Star Trek.............but not Dr Who or Star Wars :D

The new Star Trek Discovery series is the best Trek ever. Maybe the best SF series ever on TV. In the same league as Battlestar Gallactica and even Firefly.

Hmmm, maybe time that I gave it another chance then. And what is this firefly thing you speak of ?

• @SheffieldBleep said:

@wellingtonCres said:

I’ve just done the same! There’s also Dubstation 2. Neither are quite the same sadly

confirmed that the duplicat+spring trick doesn't work - not even remotely
    GS 201 is a really close VST emulation
    https://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=26
    on this site there's also a detailed description of the original's mode of operation.
    The head pattern/timing is essential for it's special sound effect.
    Reverb is fed by a mixture of hardware input and output from heads 1-3.

• @u0421793 said:
    Space is dark

…also,

It is so endless.

Allegedly.

Whomever told you space was endless was wrong. It is finite. Really fucking unbelievably mind boggling huge and expanding, but finite. Finite enough that they've used acoustic principles to find out what "shape" the universe is based on its reflections.

Anywho...

• @audiblevideo said:

@u0421793 said:
    Space is dark

…also,

It is so endless.

Allegedly.

Whomever told you space was endless was wrong. It is finite. Really fucking unbelievably mind boggling huge and expanding, but finite. Finite enough that they've used acoustic principles to find out what "shape" the universe is based on its reflections.

Anywho...

Hmph, Hawkwind were incorrect then. Who would have thought?

• @u0421793 said:

@audiblevideo said:

@u0421793 said:
    Space is dark

…also,

It is so endless.

Allegedly.

Anywho...

Hmph, Hawkwind were incorrect then. Who would have thought?

Dude, Hawkwind is never wrong. B)

• @Jes said:
    In space no one can hear you scream

I can...on a good day, erm clear sky and all.
    :)

• This thread is a couple of year old but Roland just released a Roland RE-202 Space Echo pedal that sound amazing.

Do we now have a Roland RE-201 Space Echo emulation on ios ?

• @ecou said:
    This thread is a couple of year old but Roland just released a Roland RE-202 Space Echo pedal that sound amazing.

There’s a Tape Echo in MixBox. Not sure if it meets the full spec.

• @ecou said:
    This thread is a couple of year old but Roland just released a Roland RE-202 Space Echo pedal that sound amazing.

I don’t know about iOS but I use the UAD galaxy echo on desktop way too much. I love it. Softube has the Tape Echoes kinda emulation too which is also great.! There is the McDsp delay they gave away free recently has an emulation.

If there is an iOS au I want to know also!

• edited May 2022

This?

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/re-1-tape-machine/id1407764053

It has movable heads, and you can even put your finger on the ‘tape’ to manually slew it…

• K7D from Imaginando is another nice one.

• I own my own UAD plugin in my house

• I wish Audiothing would release their Outer Space on ios, I have this on my Mac and it’s an amazing replica of the Roland unit. I don’t think there is anything like that on the ios.

• I agree with @Svetlovska - RE-1 is my go to but, as @rs2000 suggested, K7D is capable of really interesting tape style stuff too. Neither totally nail what I'm after if I'm entirely honest (the one in the Reaktor user bank is my favourite on desktop)

• @gusgranite said:

@ecou said:

There’s a Tape Echo in MixBox. Not sure if it meets the full spec.

I always forget about Mixbox. I played with the tape echo +spring reverb and it sound pretty close.

Thanks

• @ecou Have you tried Lunar Lander?

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/lunar-lander-fx-plug-in/id1534909107?l=tr

I mean, it's not exactly a Roland Space Echo, but it's a tape-like delay with reverb built in. A favorite of mine - dunno if was mentioned here before.