Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Amplitube

Comments

• Very cool to see ik commenting in the forum. They do make some pretty awesome apps.

• edited February 2013

Just a quick note, we'll be leading our jump onto the 'bus with AmpliTube, with its next update. Of course there are variables with testing, submission, and approval so I don't have an exact date yet but we'll do our best to keep everybody posted!

• Sampletank would be a good one to add to the bus. Just throwing that out there.

• Never mind, I just read the sampletank post. Nice.

• +1 @ik for posting in this thread instead of starting a new one.

Fwiw, jam up doesn't support stereo processing. People who use synths like stereo processing. Cough cough.

• Goodtimes @ik Very good news.

• edited February 2013

Never mind, I just read the sampletank post. Nice.

what/where?

cancel that, I see it now.

• +1 @syrupcore cough cough cough, hack, spit, cough, cough

• wow sample tank on the bus....awsome

• Looks like we should also provide cough syrup! :) Seriously, though, yes we'll get our apps on the bus. SampleTank will likely have one update soon before it gets on the bus as we've had that one in the works for a while. But there will be a big update after which will definitely include it. The AmpliTube update was prioritized and will be out first and as soon as humanly (and App Store submissionly and approvingly) possible.

• Can you tell us if Amplitube's Audiobus support includes being used in both the input slot and effects slot?

• And if there is any cough syrup?

• @AkaMarko - AmpliTube will support both.

• Indeed! Oh and, @syrupcore I'm pretty sure your username makes you far more qualified to handle that :)

• Great news ikmultimedia. Please consider putting Vocalive on the bus too.

• Vocalive as an effects processor on the bus would be awesome. i bought Vocalive when it first came out but haven't found a comfortable workflow with it. Audiobus would be the missing link to make it work for a great many folk that's for sure.

• @ik I meant 'does it support stereo processing?'

• I hope this is real. I went to the IK forums and did a search for Audiobus..........

and then Rick Astely danced across my screen.

I checked the date of the account, and it was made on the day posted, the 8th. I know, I just made this account too, but only to respond to what I fear is a bad joke.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for this all to be true, and some kind official announcement on the IK forums would convince me.

But after my first IK purchase, (an iRig and Amplitube), I have been forever awash in a never ending barrage of email campaigns, designed to get me to buy more of their products. If IK spent as much time and money listening to the customers, and developing their products, and less on their marketing, I might actually consider buying some of their products in the future.

For the time being....

• Nah.
    Just had my dinner
    Couldn't possibly subject myself to that.

• meh...if you're on IK's mailing list, 10 hours of Rick is a walk in the park.

• I'd hit the unsubscribe button fast
    Or you'll be getting Jason donovon next.

• This account is directly connected using our official Twitter account. Seems odd that you doubt AND we've stated we are doing so on our forum too. And our Facebook. And Twitter. Etc etc etc... I guess some may not believe it until the 2.9.5 update comes for AmpliTube :)

• edited February 2013

@Netzz One comment and it is to diss our mailings? Way to be encouraging. Glad you are focused in your efforts. Please PM any specific issues you have to me and we can surely discuss this directly to make things better. Either way, between the doubt that this is real and the snarkiness I find it really encouraging further participation here /sarcasm

Edit - also, most successful companies use email campaigns and we're fully compliant and of course we give you the option to unsubscribe so if you have a problem doing so please let me know since it seems a lot more effective than getting frustrated with something you can remedy in about 30 seconds unless you enjoy complaining about it on a forum more. Contact me directly if you need help unsubscribing.

• This has got to be Peter..

• edited February 2013

Amplitube with the coming Irig Blueboard is gonna be awesome. I hope Blueboard is compatible with Loopy HD. That would be an awesome pair.

• edited February 2013

I'll refrain from any further snarking, and I remain hopeful, not doubtful.

IK has the potential to be top shelf, but so far it hasn't happened. I know one thing that really irked me, was the fact the iRig doesn't really do true stereo signal on Amplitube, which is something it was stated to do. Maybe I need a stereo cable, or something set correctly in my app, but as of this date, I've been unable to elicit a "true stereo" signal from it. Any suggestions?

And although I'm certainly happy to see someone from IK here representin', I would hope you'd plan on a little negative flap from the peanut gallery, this is the interwebz.

Anyway, don't be too offended by my candid posts, as I really do appreciate the interaction with the community, and look forward to the changes in IK compatibility.

• @akaMarko, fwiw, you can buy the vocallive effects pedals in Amplitube. I think this will mean you can use a lot of those awesome Vocallive effects the day Amplitibe gets in the bus if you have that bundle. Just FYI.

• @boonne51, I already paid for the full Vocalive app last year so I'll hold out and see if it too jumps on the bus. I did buy the Vocalive pack for amplitube on my iPhone and was disappointed. I went to select a couple of the vocalive presets and it told me I was missing some more pedals.