Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Official FM Player Video + Download Link - Thanks everyone!

Video:

App Store:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fm-player-classic-dx-synths/id1307785646?ls=1&mt=8

This is a free and open-source app. We're all volunteers for the love of making music and instruments. (None of us got paid anything to make it). If you find this app even slightly fun or useful, could you do us a favor? Could you please give it a good review in the app store? That would mean the world to me. HUGE thank you!

The more people that know about this, the more musicians we can reach and bring the joy of the DX7 worldwide!

Thanks again!

Comments

• edited December 2017

Oh my god I’ve been waiting for this! thanks you so much Matt you’re amazing. I’m gonna go play with these wonderful classic sounds now :) just posted a review as well

Wow where to start! The audition function is just awesome why isn’t that on more apps? The reverb and delay are gorgeous and super lush. Great to see those RedSkyLullaby presets. Totally blown away man, you’ve made a classic. Bravo

• edited December 2017

I know we are all lazy good for nothing bastards, but if you like it and appreciate the (free!) effort, do take a moment to review; best way of getting the word out....

BTW: Great work. It takes me straight back to a time when all things seemed possible and I knew almost nothing :)

• Thanks alot !!

• Left a 5 star review. It really does sound fantastic. Thanks for giving us this great Synth.

• It's awesome,i love it~

• :)) thank you for this :))

FYI - i had a crash on the first start up ...

I was asked for my email (for the extra presets)
    Then asked to confirm

I selected yes - it took me back and crashed

Started ok on re start up - but no email request

Thanks again for this :))

• edited December 2017

@simonnowis said:
    :)) thank you for this :))

FYI - i had a crash on the first start up ...

Drat. What a bad first impression! Thanks for letting me know. You can still get all the presets by pressing the "Get Presets" button in the upper right. If the button in the upper right says "cool stuff" then all the presets successfully loaded.

• Great! Can't wait to check it out!

• Cool man. Thanks for the Xmas gift

• Top synth, Driving it with Rozeta Particles is a blast.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I know we are all lazy good for nothing bastards, but if you like it and appreciate the (free!) effort, do take a moment to review; best way of getting the word out....

BTW: Great work. It takes me straight back to a time when all things seemed possible and I knew almost nothing :)

That’s where I was for a long time. Finally after years of hard work and much patience, I got to the point of most things seeming hopeless. :)

I’d also encourage people to leave a positive review for this great gift of an app.

• 5 stars left, great stuff.

I feel the need, the need for speed ...

• @analog_matt .. it says “cool stuff” , and indeed it is :)) thanks again

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

Done!

• Good morning

• Thank you for this, Matt. A lovely DX7 piano. (How I miss my old DX7...)

• With a design as simple and sleek as this app has, I fail to see how it’s not universal.....

iPhone musicians exist and their number is growing

• They do say, “The best things in life are free”.. But it’s worth more than its weight in gold.. very nice..

Can’t wait for the Synth One.

• Thanks a lot. A great app, and it is free. Life is fair, sometimes :)

• This looks so lush.
    Any chance it might someday also be available for iOS9?

• edited December 2017

Apologies for the delay -

@ryanjanik - Thank you!
    @Nicebutfun - Thank you!
    @NoiseHorse - Thank you!
    @JohnnyGoodyear - Thank you!
    @jcdream - Thank you!
    @StormJH1 - Thank you!
    @Redo1 - Thank you!
    @Jumpercollins - Thank you!
    @lovadamusic - Thank you!
    @TheVimFuego - Thank you!
    @skiphunt - Thank you!
    @RajahP - Thank you!
    @zhoe - Thank you!

• edited December 2017

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    It takes me straight back to a time when all things seemed possible and I knew almost nothing

That is beautiful. I need a poster that says that!

• Oh man this thing really nailed the tone of the DX7!

Thanks man!

@analog_matt said:

Video:

App Store:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fm-player-classic-dx-synths/id1307785646?ls=1&mt=8

This is a free and open-source app. We're all volunteers for the love of making music and instruments. (None of us got paid anything to make it). If you find this app even slightly fun or useful, could you do us a favor? Could you please give it a good review in the app store? That would mean the world to me. HUGE thank you!

The more people that know about this, the more musicians we can reach and bring the joy of the DX7 worldwide!

Thanks again!

• @MusicMan4Christ- I am excited and relieved to hear you say that! You were looking forward to the app, and I did not want to let you down. Thanks again!

• I always wanted a DX7 and now I have 2 great sounding synths I can easily carry around!
    Thanks so much @analog_matt I have left a 5 star review too!

• edited December 2017

Thanks so much man! I’m like this was a synth I really always wanted in the 80’s. But you know young poor musicians, settled for my old faithful D-20.

But going thru the presets, applying Auto pan, stereo widening, delays and that lush reverb! Man smiling....wide smile and almost a tear of pure joy!

Thanks sooooo much for this, I can take this with me anywhere, anytime and enjoy the pure and unadulterated tone of the majestic DX7!

Truly a classic!

Congratulations on a successful launch!

@analog_matt said:
    @MusicMan4Christ- I am excited and relieved to hear you say that! You were looking forward to the app, and I did not want to let you down. Thanks again!

• @AlterEgo_UK - Thanks, you rock!

• Just had a quick play, those 80s brass sounds... sooo goood!! :)

• Thanks dev for my early Christmas pressie! What a gorgeous, top notch, beautiful sounding synth app. Such a Labour of love this! 5 Star Review just left. Thanks for this generous ad free freebie! All I can say is wow, very impressive launch! Congratulations!

• 10000 Star review left! :D