Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

One more day till everyone gets a free DX7

Comments

• Yeeeesss! Can’t wait! :)

• What is this?!? It sounds good!! Is it an AU?

• This video excites me!

BTW, the app includes the custom Red Sky Presets featured in the video!

• you guys are gonna love it! great app and great developer :)

• RedSky @ nite. Sail0rs. Dee-lite.

• edited December 2017

Red Sky is a sound genius. There's a preset he made called "Red Sky Sweeper" that may be my favorite sound in the whole app.

• App store link will be live sometime tomorrow (depending on your locale)
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fm-player-classic-dx-synths/id1307785646?ls=1&mt=8

• edited December 2017

This app is just incredible. Super-simple and nothing to hide, and best of all: it has the DX7 sounds we've all been waiting for.

Oh yeah, and it's free.

Because @analog_matt rules.

So psyched you all will get to play with this too. I've been all Doogie Howser and Kenny Loggins since I've gotten my mitts on the beta....

Can't wait for Synth One!

• @analog_matt This is sounding amazing in the demos that have been posted on the forum. I prefer your app out of the 3 in the sound comparison demo.

@RedSkyLullaby I am happy your presets made it in. I wasn't sure if those were your presets or if you were doing a stock preset tour, but I am excited those great sounds will be included.

Cannot wait until tomorrow. :)

• iPhone support?

• @Audiojunkie - This app is iPad. iOS 10+.

• edited December 2017

To manage expectations for tomorrow...

This app is fine-tuned to be used Standalone or with a MIDI controller (with Mod Wheel, Pitch Wheel, Program Change, MIDI Learn for all Knobs, and Sustain Pedal support built-in).

This is where the app really shines.

As a bonus, there is AudioBus 3 integration. It is really fun to use the app as a MIDI destination with apps like NaviChord, Fugue Machine, etc.

And, there is some basic IAA MIDI support (AUM, Beatmaker 3, Garageband). These features should be treated as add-ons and not core functionality. i.e. There are no transport controls.

As a disclaimer-
    There is an infinite MIDI loop with this app in Cubasis. i.e. MIDI Passes through FM Player, back into Cubasis, back into FM Player. For those who want a workaround:
    (1) In Cubasis, go to the "Routing" section on the left-hand side.
    (2) Choose "None" instead of "All inputs" for the MIDI Inputs.
    (3) Close FM Player & Cubasis. Restart apps.
    You can still use MIDI in with Cubasis if you choose the port that is not broadcasting to FM Player.

IAA Midi in this app is pretty basic. This is where we're really pushing the limits of what can be done with an app written in Swift. There's a chance that FM Player could lose connection due to transport issues. In general, if you get it to work w/ Cubasis 2, consider it a bonus.

• This looks and sounds absolutely awesome. Really great work.

• @analog_matt said:

This app is fine-tuned to be used Standalone or with a MIDI controller (with Mod Wheel, Pitch Wheel, Program Change, MIDI Learn for all Knobs, and Sustain Pedal support built-in).

As a bonus, there is AudioBus 3 integration. It is really fun to use the app as a MIDI destination with apps like NaviChord, Fugue Machine, etc.

And, there is some basic IAA MIDI support (AUM, Beatmaker 3, Garageband). These features should be treated as add-ons and not core functionality. i.e. There are no transport controls.

As a disclaimer-
    There is an infinite MIDI loop with this app in Cubasis. i.e. MIDI Passes through FM Player, back into Cubasis, back into FM Player. For those who want a workaround:
    You can still use MIDI in with Cubasis if you choose the port that is not broadcasting to FM Player.

IAA Midi in this app is pretty basic. This is where we're really pushing the limits of what can be done with an app written in Swift. There's a chance that FM Player could lose connection due to transport issues. In general, if you get it to work w/ Cubasis 2, consider it a bonus.

Audiobus 3 sounds all good to me. :)

• Perfect. My fav setup. Standalone with midi keyboard and pitch wheel, sustain pedal. Looking forward to it.

• @analog_matt said:
    @Audiojunkie - This app is iPad. iOS 10+.

10+? Noooooooooooo

• @analog_matt said:

As a disclaimer-

Does that mean, that Swift is not a good language for Music Apps on iOS?

What would be better?

• @tja said:

@analog_matt said:

Does that mean, that Swift is not a good language for Music Apps on iOS?

What would be better?

Depends on what you want to build. If you want to build for AUv3, a solid knowledge of C/C++ is required.

• edited December 2017

There are many people that deserve

THANKS and a big HIGH-FIVE

for donating their time, code, and assistance for making this free app happen:

Michael Tyson here at Audiobus for assisting Aure (from AudioKit) in making AudioBus 3 work with Swift 4
    Kevin Loustau from ROLI Blocks apps for designing the 3D renderings
    Mark J from the DrumKick app for leading the charge on MIDI Learn
    Sean Costello (of Valhalla fame) for the donating the beautiful open-source code used to make the lush Reverb
    Doug & Stuart for making the kickass videos

All the Beta testers here from this forum that put up with all my buggy Betas.

If you know any of those folks, buy them a beer!

Couldn't have done it without any of these people!
    <3

• @analog_matt said:
    There are many people that deserve

THANKS and a big HIGH-FIVE

for donating their time, code, and assistance for making this free app happen:

Michael Tyson here at Audiobus for assisting Aure (from AudioKit) in making AudioBus 3 work with Swift 4
    Kevin Loustau from ROLI Blocks apps for designing the 3D renderings
    Mark J from the DrumKick app for leading the charge on MIDI Learn
    Sean Costello (of Valhalla fame) for the donating the beautiful open-source code used to make the lush Reverb
    Doug & Stuart for making the kickass videos

All the Beta testers here from this forum that put up with all my buggy Betas.

If you know any of those folks, buy them a beer!

Couldn't have done it without any of these people!
    <3

That's awesome.

• I want it now!

Now where did I hear that?

• Out now!

• Man! This thing is way amazing! Great stuff and thank you for this!

• Very cool! Not generally a fan of romplers, but this is the DX7 and it's free, so hats off!

• Hang on.......I'm supposed to be going to bed.........ah well..... :)

• Looks cool and always happy to see free synths. However no AU makes it useless for me :/

• This sounds NICE! So many ways of using this for anyone not limiting themselves. 5 stars from me.

• edited December 2017

thank you @RedSkyLullaby
    it sounds very nice!
    bureport - i had some dropouts of notes and some lags in fast runs...

• Good morning

• @supadom said:
    Good morning

Mornin', Dom

This looks like a great freebie. Thanks to everyone involved.

I didn't see any mention of importing DX7 patches. Does anyone know if it's on the roadmap?