Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synths with good flute presets?

Looking for apps with some mellow flute-ish sounds. Model 15 has some good presets I like. Any others?

Comments

• edited December 2017

Mitosynth and SynthMaster Player are what I have that include some good flutey sounds.

• I really love the Mellotron flute. The one in Cubasis is really nice. But it might be too real for what you are looking for. If real is okay, then ThumbJam also has a great flute instrument.

• I’ve always liked the Thumbjam one.

• edited December 2017

I´m going to make some for Zeeon soon..... ;)
    And DRC which is great for flutes as well.
    I mean every synth can do it more or less with a sine wave, some drive or distortion and/or vibrato (delayed).

• Another vote for the Mitosynth presets

• O.k. i try it again. Please tell me it works this time .... :o
    2 simple flute patches made with Zeeon.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jo9hw3b41gf8cpd/Cinebient - 2 Flutes.znb?dl=0

• DCJDCJ
    edited December 2017

Another yes for thumb jam flute. bs-16 has a flute in its stock general user set, but since it’s a basic sample its vibrato is always on and the speed depends on the pitch. I actually bought Jubal flute for the 1 out of 88 times where I need a good flute. One sound, but always does the trick for me with a mild amount of processing. ISymphonic has a IAP with good flutes but that’s probably more than you’d want.

• BS-16i with the ixox flute soundfont (you can find it online) is the best sample-based one i've found.

For synth flute, Zed Synth and Redshrike are both great.

• @Cib thumbs up :)

• @ipadthai said:
    Looking for apps with some mellow flute-ish sounds. Model 15 has some good presets I like. Any others?

Mitosynth

• @Cib Very nice, keep em coming! :)

• @Cib said:
    O.k. i try it again. Please tell me it works this time .... :o
    2 simple flute patches made with Zeeon.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jo9hw3b41gf8cpd/Cinebient - 2 Flutes.znb?dl=0

Can't wait to try them.

• My favorite would be also Mitosynth. But for synthesis only without use of samples i would choose DRC and Model 15 for synth flutes. Then would come Zeeon.
    Model 15 can be played very expressive, even on my phone due to the MPE style modulations and Animoog keys.
    But DRC (which i really felt in love with in the last days again) has something special.
    I can´t try it but i would thin Infinite should be good at this kind of sounds too since noise is a very important part for different timbre of flute sounds.
    Otherwise Alchemy has the best flute patches....but since iOS 11 i don´t count it on iOS really. It´s in Garage Band but i really don´t like it there so much.
    But i often change my mind and tomorrow i might find a better synth for this :D

• @Cib Can you recommend any Alchemy flute presets that are in Garage Band? Or do you roll your own? I couldn't find any with flute mentioned in the preset name, but maybe you know which ones sound flutish?

• @CracklePot said:
    @Cib Can you recommend any Alchemy flute presets that are in Garage Band? Or do you roll your own? I couldn't find any with flute mentioned in the preset name, but maybe you know which ones sound flutish?

I just remember them from the good old times :)
    Not sure if such patches are in the GB Alchemy.
    It‘s too annoying to browse the patches there for me.

• @CracklePot said:
    @Cib Can you recommend any Alchemy flute presets that are in Garage Band? Or do you roll your own? I couldn't find any with flute mentioned in the preset name, but maybe you know which ones sound flutish?

There’s a new Alchemy preset from the new ’gozadera latina’ pack called ‘synth woodwind’.

Otherwise the standard flute sound in Garageband is great as well.

• WaveMapper does flutes too :p

• iM1 'M1 Peresets', Preset #8 Pan Flute...

• @Samu said:
    iM1 'M1 Peresets', Preset #8 Pan Flute...

I'll second that iM1, actually been using the Darwin gadget with an EWI to much happiness. The search tabs in iM1 are really useful, woodwinds, brass etc.

• Would have to second iM1. I’m also a bit of a sucker for the flute sounds in Poseidon.

• @Keenan Thanks! :) Downloading the update for the GB sound packs right now.

• Another for Thumbjam. The Shakuhachi flute patch is gorgeous, fat and breathy.

• @rickwaugh said:
    Another for Thumbjam. The Shakuhachi flute patch is gorgeous, fat and breathy.

That instrument is another favorite of mine too. :)

• Here's a piece I did using the Shakuhachi.

• Hell , I love iM1 for this also but damned sure does a hell,f a lot more. If I could have only one rompler, this would be the one.

• Sampletank also has a good range of different flutes, especially if you have the Miroslav sets.

• As no one has mentioned it yet, Seline Redux.

• edited December 2017

Mellotron flutes(and most of other sounds) are pure gold if you want kick ass lo-fi flute sounds. Jubal flute is a nice flute app if you want great sounding real flute. I think mellotron, model 15 and jubal flute would give you a good variety of flute sounds. Or then maybe get bs16 and load sound fonts in it. I know there are free mellotron soundfonts to be easily found on google, and i bet there are some real flutes and synth flutes as well.

• Good morning