Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ableton Link 3.0 for iOS developers

Just saw this on twitter

"Start Stop Sync allows one to share start and stop commands between Link peers that have the feature enabled.
This version is backwards compatible with previous versions of Link."

https://github.com/Ableton/link/releases/tag/Link-3.0.0-Beta-1

http://ableton.github.io/linkkit/

Comments

• utterly fantastic news, another piece of the puzzle

• Interesting!

• This is cool. B)

• It looks to me like you can set the play head in Live 10 arrange view and have iOS apps trigger playback from that section. Can't wait to test this out when it starts to appear in updates!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wait, it sounds like you are describing song position pointer like behaviour with link? that would be really outstanding

• edited December 2017

Some info text in a recent Ableton beta when Link was updated suggests that this is possible now @wellingtonCres

• This.

@lukesleepwalker said:
    THIS IS HUGE.

• This really IS great news!! I'm surprised that more isn't being said about it in other forums! This is probably the biggest news we'll have today (or even this week)!

• edited December 2017

This has already been mentioned in one of the Ableton Live 10 threads :)
    ....but yes it's great news.

• @Audiojunkie said:
    This really IS great news!! I'm surprised that more isn't being said about it in other forums! This is probably the biggest news we'll have today (or even this week)!

For me the big news is the free FM Player coming tomorrow. But Link 3 is going to be great whenever it gets here, and all the devs update their apps. Could be a while for all of that to happen, but I sure hope not. :)

• About bloody time!

This the only reason why I'm not using link. Mind you, practice will show how it will actually work.

• Sounds like things moving forward

• What benefits will this bring?

• @DaveMagoo said:
    What benefits will this bring?

It's in the first post of this string: "Start Stop Sync allows one to share start and stop commands between Link peers that have the feature enabled."

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@DaveMagoo said:

It's in the first post of this string: "Start Stop Sync allows one to share start and stop commands between Link peers that have the feature enabled."

Yeah I personally don’t really understand what benefits this brings along with it?

• @DaveMagoo said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@DaveMagoo said:

Yeah I personally don’t really understand what benefits this brings along with it?

Does this mean player A can stop player B’s part?

• And vice versa

• it means link is seemingly on track to be a complete replacement for MIDI clock, MIDI transport control, and MIDI song position pointer... essential techs which do not work well in modern environments, particularly apps.

• edited December 2017

cool

• @DaveMagoo said:

@DaveMagoo said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@DaveMagoo said:

Does this mean player A can stop player B’s part?

It means player A can start his drum machine and synth arp at the same time and hopefully start the transport on something that will record it all while he jams over the top.

• Will be really great for apps that just have loops. Like I could start a drum loop in blocs wave and recording in Figure or wherever simultaneously so when you do put them together there's no "oops the loop start I heard is actually bar 3 in the recording"

• This really IS great news!! I'm surprised that more isn't being said about it in other forums! This is probably the biggest news we'll have today (or even this week)!

• @Audiojunkie said:
    This really IS great news!! I'm surprised that more isn't being said about it in other forums! This is probably the biggest news we'll have today (or even this week)!

Probably because it’s still in beta. It sounds really cool and promising. But I’ll wait for the final release before jumping in.

And besides, we should be moving away from all this juggling with multiple standalone apps so I’m mostly interested in the multi-device aspects of it.

• Someone somewhere in the iOS wild west must be working on implementing this? Very happy to help beta test if so, am sure some a few others on here would also be interested.

• It works if you’re runnin Live 10 on 2 computers... haven’t seen any apps implement it yet.tho.

• edited January 2018

I'm imagining a template on Push with one button start/stop control over 64 apps is not too far in the future. Hopefully the used price on the IPad 2017 will be very reasonable by then..

• edited January 2018

I've looked at the source code. Will implement it in Quantum when it comes out of beta.
    @BlueGreenSpiral 64 apps will need to also implement it - but I'm hoping hosts are the first.

• @midiSequencer said:
    I've looked at the source code. Will implement it in Quantum when it comes out of beta.
    @BlueGreenSpiral 64 apps will need to also implement it - but I'm hoping hosts are the first.

Great news. Still open Quantum everyday!