Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New iPads with 8 cores and face id

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Please keep the headphone jack

• Ffs. Leave the home button alone DX.
    If it doesn't have a home button I highly doubt it will maintain a headphone jack.

• And in other news....Jill will be Jackless and his crown was broken too!

• edited December 2017

I'd rather have 8gb RAM. I don't see eight cores being useful (or is it with music apps?).

• @ipadthai said:
    I'd rather have 8gb RAM. I don't see eight cores being useful (or is it with music apps?).

Ofcourse it is. Lots of different threads running simultaneously, especially when running multiple apps or plugins at the same time! :)

• Cor blimey....
    Corrrrr look at those....
    Core me an apple luv.....
    The core maintains extreme temp.....
    Yeah beyond four cores I’m feel nothing more....

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited December 2017

GarageBand Pro with Flex pitch will running nicely with the 8 cores B)

• edited December 2017

@brambos said:

@ipadthai said:

Ofcourse it is. Lots of different threads running simultaneously, especially when running multiple apps or plugins at the same time! :)

Exactly. Though software has to be optimized using those cores simultaneously. As for now my nearly antique Windows computer renders video still much faster than my iPad Pro 10.5 (2017). My own tests, rendertime same video 4K in Luma Fusion (my iPad Pro) vs Powerdirector (my i7 3770) = 2:02 vs 1:42 Note you can buy a complete i7 3770 machine with 250Gb SSD refurbished for around 250 euro.

• edited December 2017

My desktop has 4 cores (i7-6700). Crazy to think what eight cores could do. Going from my laptop with two cores (i5-5200u) to my desktop when using Ableton/VSTs etc., is always a very noticeable difference (rarely ever a hiccup on my desktop). Of course, I have 8gb RAM on my laptop versus 16gb RAM on the desktop, so it's not as apples to apples when comparing them.

• I'd take force touch over face i.d.

• Software does NOT automatically take advantage of extra cores. If you are running multiple apps, it would help. If you are running a single app such as a DAW, if it's not optimized to use those cores, they do nothing.

• edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited December 2017

Where I am at now with my ipad5 and BM3 is that clearly my personal ability as a 'composer/producer' is the weakest part of the system. It will take years to upgrade that.

• Also the 8 cores would be 3 fast and 5 for low cpu usage. And still not sure if any iOS app can offer multi threading.
    I mean not a DAW, f.e. a AUv3 synth to spread the load if you want to go wild.

• @Cib said:
    Also the 8 cores would be 3 fast and 5 for low cpu usage. And still not sure if any iOS app can offer multi threading.

Obviously they can. You can create as many threads as your heart desires.

• @brambos said:

@Cib said:
    Also the 8 cores would be 3 fast and 5 for low cpu usage. And still not sure if any iOS app can offer multi threading.

I mean a single synth where a polyphonic patch would spread the voices if one core couldn´t handle it.
    If that works on iOS too it would be cool since there would be room for better emulations.

• @Max23 said:
    BTW. My laptop makes a lot of noise when I use it.
    The iPads are completely silent.

You can’t be playing them hard enough then if they make no sound ;)

• I bet it still crackles. :p

• edited December 2017

Just hope that the new batch of iPads gets the standard treatment and is brought to their temple and cursed...if so then I’m all in :)

• @Max23 said:
    BTW. My laptop makes a lot of noise when I use it.
    The iPads are completely silent.

My notebook is silent all the time. It can get hot but fans don´t kick while creating music. It only kicks in if i render 4X oversampled high quality reverbs and stuff.

• @Max23 said:
    Nah, I mean it’s nice to listen to what you are playing and not to your computers fan.

Use it as noise source in Samplr! ;)

• Great. Instead a square screen maybe it'll be shaped like a U to accommodate face ID

• edited December 2017

Why don't they just make it triangle shaped. That's good branding. (Something something....Me complaining some more)

• @brambos said:

@Cib said:

What is interesting here is, that it is a Big -> Little configuration, with 3 high-power and 5 low-power cores. Doesn't this create a mess, since it seems to be more aimed at multi-tasking, rather than real-time multithreading?

• It does say "Could"....... But rumours are normally close to the real thing... (it has been predict correct in the past)....... Hope so?...... Wait and see really. :)