Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria Update - 12.05.17

According to their site:

v2.15 available
Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:07 pm

Hi,

Here's a list of fixes in v2.15:

• Fixed issue with MIDI overdub
  • Fixed AAF Export to Dropbox issue
  • Fixed MIDI stretch issue
  • Fixed iPad Pro optimization setting not being saved
  • Fixed lag issue on iOS11 when touching edges of screen
  • Fixed issue with iOS8 incompatibility
  • Added local currency for Auria Store
  • Fixed an issue with creating manual transient markers
  • Fixed an issue that prevented EnvShaper from working on mono tracks
  • Added AU plugin resizing feature

Rim

Comments

• Can confirm the AU resizing is working nicely. Doesn't make much difference with Neo, but sure does with Model 15 :)

• I don’t remember seeing this back in the middle of May earlier in the year?

• Great AU resizing tried a few Audio Damage plugs, works a treat.

• Local currency! Always hated it showing in dollars.
    Seems to run a bit smoother :)

• https://www.fabfilter.com/forum/3077/pro-l-2-and-auria?replies=8

Hi guys,

We'll offer a version of Pro-L 2 for Auria soon, but not tomorrow. And if you've just purchased Pro-L, don't worry: we'll have a grace period so you'll get the update to v2 for free.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter) ? Dec 4, 2017

• @Laurie said:
    https://www.fabfilter.com/forum/3077/pro-l-2-and-auria?replies=8

Hi guys,

We'll offer a version of Pro-L 2 for Auria soon, but not tomorrow. And if you've just purchased Pro-L, don't worry: we'll have a grace period so you'll get the update to v2 for free.

Cheers,

Excellent. Last year it took about 2 months for Pro-R to come to iOS.

• @Laurie said:

Hi guys,

Cheers,

How big a grace period? I bought it about 3 months ago. ;)

• An impoved Pro-L might be something to have ... B)

• @u0421793 said:
    I don’t remember seeing this back in the middle of May earlier in the year?

That's when the second point release of version 15 came out.

• Dan Worrall video, which is much more informative than the marketing one:

The new metering looks really useful.

• hmm.....Grace period. I bought Pro-L a few years ago.....I'm sure it's not that much grace. lol....... I'm gonna stick with Pro-L. It is amazing.

• New window resizing for AU is really good. Perhaps a little better than AUM solution right now.

• @Carnbot said:
    New window resizing for AU is really good. Perhaps a little better than AUM solution right now.

But wish Auria could display more than one plugin on the screen like Aum can...

• @Carnbot said:
    New window resizing for AU is really good. Perhaps a little better than AUM solution right now.

Yeah, I like it. Have been fiddling about with GB and CB over the past few months, both been improved, but all roads lead me back to Auria...

• @Laurie said:

Hi guys,

Cheers,

It would be GREAT if Fabfilter went Auv3 so we could use them with all Audio Unit host, I bought a few FF plugins for Auria Pro but I stopped buying them. They were available as Auv3 Id buy them all :)

• @Rubooch said:

@Carnbot said:

But wish Auria could display more than one plugin on the screen like Aum can...

That’s true and one of the benefits of AU. I’m not often in Auria but nearly always in AUM these days...

• @Carnbot said:

Blasphemy!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Carnbot said:

Yeah, I like it. Have been fiddling about with GB and CB over the past few months, both been improved, but all roads lead me back to Auria...

J

Do you use iAP synths?

• @RUST( i )K said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Carnbot said:

J

Do you use iAP synths?

iAP?

• edited December 2017

Some more videos. LUFS metering is the clincher for me. Loudness wars officially over, you can see that metering for streaming platforms requires very little limiting compared to what was considered the norm on CD. If your masters are still "loud" they will actually sound quieter than the competition on Spotify :)

• Okay so general question for you resident Auria gurus: glitches. On my Air2 128gb all up to date, I get Auria glitchy sounding playing back as little as 3 tracks: an Audiobus’d in drum, a recorded guitar, and the Italian Piano midi track in this case:
    I’ve tried 256, 512, and 1024.
    (I can’t figure out the easy way to attach this mixdown to this post, it’s been a while for me)

• @NoiseHorse said:
    Okay so general question for you resident Auria gurus: glitches. On my Air2 128gb all up to date, I get Auria glitchy sounding playing back as little as 3 tracks: an Audiobus’d in drum, a recorded guitar, and the Italian Piano midi track in this case:
    I’ve tried 256, 512, and 1024.
    (I can’t figure out the easy way to attach this mixdown to this post, it’s been a while for me)

Sounds a bit weird. For starters if you have a MIDI track the highest latency available is 512 :)

How about if you actually record the AB drums and remove AB from the input?

• 'Fixed MIDI stretch issue'

Ummmm... AP has midi stretch?

• edited December 2017

@JGY ya this is everything un-AB’d and just a straight mixdown. Sounds like I’m driving over boulders.
    I can duplicate the same recording(from scratch) in Cubasis with no problems, just doesn’t sound as sweet. Maybe I’m using too many Fabfilters???

• How many FabFilters? The only ones that could push that far would be Pro MB and Saturn with HQ presets, or Pro C2 with maximum oversample. Is it the case? I use to run 20+ tracks with no issued in my 9.7” Pro...

• @theconnactic the guitar has G, MB, &R, the whole mix has L. That’s it.

• Thanks Rim, yet again.

And I just have to say, the fabfilter guys make the most beautiful interfaces. Both in how they work, and most definitely in how they look. There's not much that's an instabuy for me, but anything new FF is on the list.

• is there an auto expand and collapse trick for AU windows, like in AUM?

• @NoiseHorse said:
    @theconnactic the guitar has G, MB, &R, the whole mix has L. That’s it.

I would bypass the MB and the L until the moment you can bounce all midi parts to audio so you can use a buffer of 4096.

• @theconnactic said:
    I would bypass the MB and the L until the moment you can bounce all midi parts to audio so you can use a buffer of 4096.

Thanks for you advice, I know you know your stuff. I’ll give it a try.