Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Launchpad for iOS Reimagined - Tomorrow

This was on Facebook with a note that it is happening on 12/6. Anybody know what it is? @AmpifyxNovation

Comments

• I saw it and comment. I’m a bit nervous to be fair...

• I imagine hipsters on balconies making music!

• Maybe it is the new "North Korea" edition. They got the nukes now, after all. >:)

• Let's hope Novation/Amplify don't go the same way as Korg, Intua, Retronyms and Cakewalk did and blow out the hyped up release day >:)

• Hope it records multi-tracks.. that all I want..

• Good. Liked the idea, never liked the interface. Maybe it'll be better

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    I imagine hipsters on balconies making music!

That, or on a lounge couch. Or on a lounge couch on a balcony.

• is it going to fill that dark blocs wave shaped hole in my heart?

• I bet for importing from groovebox or something similar... there are too much coincidences in their GUI/workflow. Maybe midi clips ala Modstep?

• Hardware or Software?
    If it's software I hope the IAPs made in previous version(s) are still valid...

Maybe they have been looking closely at GarageBands live-loop function and decided to add a sequencer to Launchpad with integrated the synth-engine from Launchkey app :)

• Maybe it will come in more styles, each with different shaped buttons. Circles, hearts, stars, diamonds, lightning bolts, etc.
    No new functionality though, just new styles. ;)

• I wonder if she’s pleased with that jacket or if it was a last minute snatch before heading up the roof for music.

• well all i'll hope for is that it doesn't have a moat round it

• She looks a bit like the crazy woman that used to live in the junkyard on TWD :p

• @lukesleepwalker said:

Underrated comment lol. Have an upvote!

• @lukesleepwalker said:

There can never be enough hipsters on rooftops making music.

• edited December 2017

@Samu said:
    Hardware or Software?
    If it's software I hope the IAPs made in previous version(s) are still valid...

Maybe they have been looking closely at GarageBands live-loop function and decided to add a sequencer to Launchpad with integrated the synth-engine from Launchkey app :)

If hardware then put in it a standalone tr sequencer please...

• That looks like a tablet in her hand, so more than likely to do with the app and not the hardware

• @lukesleepwalker said:

I re-imagine this!

• @AndyPlankton said:
    That looks like a tablet in her hand, so more than likely to do with the app and not the hardware

Yeah she’s going to drop pills as her hairdresser has moved abroad!

• @brice said:
    I wonder if she’s pleased with that jacket or if it was a last minute snatch before heading up the roof for music.

You nearly made me spit out my sammich! :smiley:

• @AndyPlankton said:
    That looks like a tablet in her hand, so more than likely to do with the app and not the hardware

I hope they don't make it worse. I just got the Pro upgrade and have been having a blast with all the freaky DJ-style effects. It is a ton of fun to jam out on now. Let us hope they make it more fun, not less fun. ( I'm lookin' at you, Blocs Wave ;) ).

• Midi mapping of the effects parameters and Ableton export would be top of my wishlist.
    They could go further and add a timeline view with automation recording, hoping it's not a hardware announcement..

• edited December 2017

@ExAsperis99 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

There can never be enough hipsters on rooftops making music.

Made me think of this...

• MIDI in. (Yeah right)

• @Dubbylabby said:
    I bet for importing from groovebox or something similar... there are too much coincidences in their GUI/workflow. Maybe midi clips ala Modstep?

This is an intriguing idea. LaunchPad has some integration with Blocs so why not with Groovebox?
    But is that enough to be "reimagined"?
    I'm worried because I just bought their whole pro package, assuming it would stay more or less the same app.

• integrated groovebox and preset saving IAP.

• @Reid said:

@Dubbylabby said:
    I bet for importing from groovebox or something similar... there are too much coincidences in their GUI/workflow. Maybe midi clips ala Modstep?

This is an intriguing idea. LaunchPad has some integration with Blocs so why not with Groovebox?
    But is that enough to be "reimagined"?
    I'm worried because I just bought their whole pro package, assuming it would stay more or less the same app.

Never is enough :lol:
    I also purchased the last two fx iAPs I missed so let’s hope there are good news.

I will love multiple outputs, midi control for the fx so and so but as re-imagined my gut says midi clips from groovebox like audio clips from blocswave.
    Linear arranger recorder will be also good point.

• Intrigued :) but so far I haven't liked the business model in favour of sample packs and FX iap over pro features, so hopefully this approach is being reimagined....