Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

London ableton link jam this Thursday

North London folks. I have nothing to do with this, found it on Facebook. Seems like you just rock up with your link enabled app and jam.
https://www.facebook.com/events/150688269000895/

Comments

• I have never been to one of these types of meetups. What do people do for amplification? Just use device built-in speakers? Everybody brings along their own personal sound reinforcement? Maybe the organizer figures it out and brings some sort of mixer and P.A. system for everyone to use?

• @CracklePot said:
    I have never been to one of these types of meetups. What do people do for amplification? Just use device built-in speakers? Everybody brings along their own personal sound reinforcement? Maybe the organizer figures it out and brings some sort of mixer and P.A. system for everyone to use?

Looks like they ask people to bring 1/4" or RCA cables to plug into their mixer.

Sounds like a really fun event! Wish I could go.

• @CracklePot
    Yeah, as it says in the description, you bring your own cables and plug into their mixer.

• Sounds so cool. I’d love to do this here in Austin TX

• @Ribbon @ph8aerror Thanks. I didn't look at the FB page for this one, but was wondering if there is some standards in place as far as how these meet-ups go in general. I wasn't sure if you needed a portable amp or powered speakers to participate effectively, but a house P.A. would be the best I think. Sounds really fun. :)

• It is a studio so I'm pretty sure they'll have a few pa's. There's talk of small groups and 30mins rotation.

I'd probably go but too short notice and no place to stay.

• edited December 2017

I ran an Ableton-Link Jam in my home town in High Wycombe Bucks UK this year. I bring my PA - a 4 stereo-input mixer and a wi-fi router. And my own gear. Most iPad related.

Everyone plugs into this. I renamed the group to Electronic Music Jam as some wanted it to be more inclusive of hardware synths and gear. As long as everything can sync to A.L.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/729221620558766/

• @nonchai said:
    I ran an Ableton-Link Jam in my home town in High Wycombe Bucks UK this year. I bring my PA - a 4 stereo-input mixer and a wi-fi router. And my own gear. Most iPad related.

Everyone plugs into this. I renamed the group to Electronic Music Jam as some wanted it to be more inclusive of hardware synths and gear. As long as everything can sync to A.L.

That’s more like it. I’m in Oxford mate! Would be good to hear some samples from your last one.

• @supadom said:

@nonchai said:

That’s more like it. I’m in Oxford mate! Would be good to hear some samples from your last one.

Ah, it seems like this isn’t happening anymore.

• @ryanjanik said:
    Sounds so cool. I’d love to do this here in Austin TX

I’m up for something like this, wonder if Ableton or someone else would sponsor? I have one iOS Interface but no mixer.

• edited December 2017

Art Audio make an ideal cheap passive 4-stereo input mixer for such jams, that I used. No need for an interface

• @nonchai said:
    Art Audio make an ideal cheap passive 4-stereo input mixer for such jams, that I used. No need for an interface

Cool! Thanks for the tip. i will look it up. :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited December 2017

@d4d0ug said:
    I run a weekly lunchtime jam at my office in Reading, UK. It’s a mixture of iPads and Volcas and occasionally a guitar and lots of effects. Really good fun. We use a single mixing desk with headphones in a splitter. Today I got everyone routing via my iPad so I could sidechain against my kick (BM3). @nonchai - I keep meaning to come along to the Wycombe jam (I live very nearby), but Mondays is a bit tricky :/

Cool!
    the jams here have ended for this year and I wont be running them myself any more next year but maybe someone else will pick up from where i left off and run the wycombe jam in the new year.

• encenc
    edited December 2017

@d4d0ug said:
    I run a weekly lunchtime jam at my office in Reading, UK. It’s a mixture of iPads and Volcas and occasionally a guitar and lots of effects. Really good fun. We use a single mixing desk with headphones in a splitter. Today I got everyone routing via my iPad so I could sidechain against my kick (BM3). @nonchai - I keep meaning to come along to the Wycombe jam (I live very nearby), but Mondays is a bit tricky :/

So cool B)
    Do you record/film/ upload these sessions ?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • hope i can join there.