Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Using Audiobus with iRig Recorder/Amplitube/GarageBand in IOS to Record Video/mp3 back track

edited November 2017 in Support and Feedback

Please forgive my lack of understanding since I am a complete neophyte in the world of IOS music creation applications, however I am trying to record a video with an mp3 backing track.

I have no problem recording a video as follows:

1) Open GarageBand
2) Create a NEW song
3) Add an "Inter-app audio" source under the EXTERNAL track type
4) Select iRig Recorder
5) Now, go to your TRACK settings (1/4" Guitar Cable symbol)
6) Inside here make sure to load the AmpliTube app as an "Instrument"
7) Now, you should be able to send audio from AmpliTube into iRig Recorder

However recording a video with an mp3 backing track seems to add a layer of complexity that forced IK Multimedia tech support to tell me I needed to buy your product to achieve the desired results, however they gave me no idea on how to use your product...

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Hi @jazzBox.. I'm afraid I still don't quite understand what you want to do there. Do you want to record a video while playing back a backing track, which gets saved into the video? Because Audiobus doesn't do that, and I'm afraid I can't think of any product to point you to that does...

• @jazzBox said:
    Please forgive my lack of understanding since I am a complete neophyte in the world of IOS music creation applications, however I am trying to record a video with an mp3 backing track.

I have no problem recording a video as follows:

1) Open GarageBand
    2) Create a NEW song
    3) Add an "Inter-app audio" source under the EXTERNAL track type
    4) Select iRig Recorder
    5) Now, go to your TRACK settings (1/4" Guitar Cable symbol)
    6) Inside here make sure to load the AmpliTube app as an "Instrument"
    7) Now, you should be able to send audio from AmpliTube into iRig Recorder

However recording a video with an mp3 backing track seems to add a layer of complexity that forced IK Multimedia tech support to tell me I needed to buy your product to achieve the desired results, however they gave me no idea on how to use your product...

Thanks in advance for any help.

First explain what happens when you follow the steps whats not working?