Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New dj app! Soda dj app by modstep devs!

soda dj app de « AppBC »

Comments

• Incredible app.

It is quality and well thought out.

If you like Modstep you will love this.

If you don't like Modstep, you may still love this!

• Seriously.
    Anyone who is even remotely interested in djing or playing live with rendered Audio should give it a try.
    The Dev was super responsive, nice and even added some features which were kinda crucial for a live-workflow.

Plus you can use AU effects. That alone is just awesome.

• Yeah DJing is not my thing, but for the brief time I had with this in its earlier days, it really seemed to be a forward thinking app :)

• I don't own a baseball cap or wear Affliction shirts. Can I still be a DJ?

• This has a lot of potential since it has Files app access you can remix your own stuff, I wasn't interested in it until you could do that, now it seems there's a lot of ways you can use this.

I wonder which bits of this will find it's way into Modstep :)

• @ipadthai said:
    I don't own a baseball cap or wear Affliction shirts. Can I still be a DJ?

Only if you do the jesus-pose! :)

• Still no DVS ?

• Are the same.

@Samplemunch said:
    Still no DVS ?

Maybe in the future?

• @ipadthai said:
    I don't own a baseball cap or wear Affliction shirts. Can I still be a DJ?

Good thing because they have been out of style since 2010

• We have a bundle up tomorrow for d(- -)b and soda - so you may get it for free!

Still no DVS, sorry - but we'll have it integrated in a coming update :)

• @Carnbot said:
    This has a lot of potential since it has Files app access you can remix your own stuff, I wasn't interested in it until you could do that, now it seems there's a lot of ways you can use this.

Mhhh, let's say there will be a lot of symbiosis! :)

• I've always wanted to collect my disparate tracks in a long medley. I assumed it would have to be assembled in Auria or Cubasis. This looks pretty fun. (Although I am definitely not interested in customizing my own surface every time. I hope there are some templates....)

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I've always wanted to collect my disparate tracks in a long medley. I assumed it would have to be assembled in Auria or Cubasis. This looks pretty fun. (Although I am definitely not interested in customizing my own surface every time. I hope there are some templates....)

There are of course! And any custom template will also be saved in between sessions or may be exported.
    We'll add more in the future - in the long term we plan to make the templates shareable.

• edited December 2017

This looks interesting. I used to use Cross DJ but got hung up on a couple of points

1. the UI, while decent, was cramped, (especially the eq faders),
    2. couldn't beatmatch or adjust the tempo, (used to be able to but it got lost on an update maybe?)
    3. most importantly, couldn't record mixes! Can't believe it, but it's true...

Things I'd like to see in Soda

1. Automix
    2. Ability to alter the pitch so that the mixes are a little more harmonic (is this currently possible?)
    3. jog wheels?
  • @cblomert said:

@Carnbot said:
    This has a lot of potential since it has Files app access you can remix your own stuff, I wasn't interested in it until you could do that, now it seems there's a lot of ways you can use this.

Great :)
    do you plan to add any IAA support, for the outputs? This would be nice to load into AUM as another option for recording/hosting.

• So could I use this as a replacement for Samplr? Or as a really sophisticated clip trigger?

• @cblomert said:

@Carnbot said:

OK, this is going to make my head explode. No being coy! Tell us! And when's the Modstep update? I have $9.99 in my bank account that needs only the slightest suggestion to fly into the Soda coffers....

• Erm. So a player rather than a maker?

• edited December 2017

@ExAsperis99 said:
    I have $9.99 in my bank account

No need to be a showoff.

• AUv3 support is great but some AUs don’t rescale right in the specific window @cblomert

• @ipadthai said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    I have $9.99 in my bank account

No need to be a showoff.

That was rather ostentatious. Apologies.

• @cblomert said:

We have a bundle up tomorrow for d(- -)b and soda - so you may get it for free!

Still no DVS, sorry - but we'll have it integrated in a coming update :)

That would be nice

• @cblomert , I was looking on the App Store in my purchase to re download app, I am seeing it in my purchase but can’t re download it . See image.

• @djjuniorpops
    Unfortunately apple decided to remove it from the store as it did not get updated for quite a while.. we might do another update for it just so people can download it again. But obviously soda is the spiritual successor to d- -b and development will focus on that. To make up for our promises for d- -b we'll put the bundle price to the same price as soda / d- -b itself, so if you bought either one you'll get the other one for free.

The bundle with will be up as soon as its through review - hopefully during the day - we'll post an update here as soon as it is.

• Is it possible to monitor via headphones and use Bluetooth audio as your master out?

• @cblomert said:
    @djjuniorpops
    Unfortunately apple decided to remove it from the store as it did not get updated for quite a while.. we might do another update for it just so people can download it again. But obviously soda is the spiritual successor to d- -b and development will focus on that. To make up for our promises for d- -b we'll put the bundle price to the same price as soda / d- -b itself, so if you bought either one you'll get the other one for free.

The bundle with will be up as soon as its through review - hopefully during the day - we'll post an update here as soon as it is.

Awesome!!!

• @Telengard said:

@cblomert said:
    @djjuniorpops

Awesome!!!

Free is always good, but isn't the d--b app just kind of a less evolved version of the new one? I mean, if you have Soda, do you need the other one?

• @rezidue said:
    Is it possible to monitor via headphones and use Bluetooth audio as your master out?

You can try a splitter adapter. IK multimedia has a special iOS DJ adapter too.