Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blocs Wave / AUM

Hi, Blocs Wave does not work in AUM anymore. !!!

Comments

• If you want to record into Blocs, you need AB.

• yeah this bug has been too long!

• edited November 2017

Recording into blocs wave from another app has always required AB, and is not a bug, it was designed that way afaik

• I can confirm that latest Blocs Wave does not work in IAA hosts, they route their audio directly to speakers. Tested in AUM and Cubasis.

• updated, and still broken...

• edited December 2017

Just delete it at this point. I did.

• Anyone have the AUTO RESTORE thing happen with BLOCS?

I can't put it on my AIR 1 because it only auto restores EVERY IAP

Which is all but literally 3 or 4. So, I don't have much space on there it is my secondary iPad and it jams it up if I try and put it on there.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

it is a shame, but maybe it is time to move on... but to where? bm3?

• @wellingtonCres said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

it is a shame, but maybe it is time to move on... but to where? bm3?

i guess so. personally i've moved back into ableton.

• I love Novation.

I only use Novation products except for a Livid wireless Midi controller and my Pocket Operators.

I use NOVATION Midi Keyboard, Launchpad Pro, Audio Interface, and Launch Control XL.

That being said, I like most of the Novation App action. They are cool.

But, I want to LOVE the apps as much as the hardware. So I have the following questions to those that care.

WHAT IS THE NOVATION-AMPIFY END GAME IN THE iOS WORLD?

Are they actually working toward a master app that will host all these apps? Like a Tabletop for their iOS app family(LPAD GROOVE BLOCS)?

That is why I LOVED the old Novation synth app. It integrated perfect with my Novation keyboards and was a fat ass sounding little app. Also, it allowed the user to seamlessly work with Launchpad app and Launchkey app with nothing else except a keyboard and not other apps. That was the ideal performance or practice set up. So, I am miffed at the lack of MIDI integration THUS FAR with BLOCS and GROOVE.

Are all these Novation Amplify apps really "live betas" that are components of a forthcoming master Novation-Ampify iOS "Ableton" type app?

IF NEITHER, then what is the goal of the Blocs Wave and Groove app as individual entities? I thought the EQ on Blocs was a precursor to AU effects also. Is it? Or, what other changes are expected.

Is more MIDI Control of the BLOC WAVE and GROOVE app in the cards?

I literally have 90% of the IAP for Launchpad Blocs and Groove apps.

Besides the Launchpad app and basic keyboard input of midi notes on Groove, I really can use my Novation gear with these apps for much.

What gives? Is full midi implementation the goal?' What apps? When?

Or, is iOS a big scratch pad for Circuit and a related piece of software?

I feel like Novation needs to hopefully break in 1 direction or the other. Let me know the focus so I can decide what pieces of software to include in my future music making set up.

Maybe I am way off. Are Novation midi products and Amplify connected officially or not? Maybe there is not really a relationship like that anymore. I don't know.

I hope to find out.

WHAT IS THE FUTURE OF THE NOVATION AMPIFY APP FAMILY OF APPS ON iOS? WHAT IS THE FUTURE? IS MORE MIDI CONTROL IN THE FUTURE?

• Just to clarify, this latest update was a tiny maintenance change we had to make not related to the IAA issue, which is otherwise our highest priority Blocs Wave item at the moment. We hope to get it fixed sooner rather than later for the next Blocs Wave update.

It would be useful to know what devices and iOS versions anyone affected is using, so please PM us or reply here if you're having issues.

• @AmpifyxNovation said:
    Just to clarify, this latest update was a tiny maintenance change we had to make not related to the IAA issue, which is otherwise our highest priority Blocs Wave item at the moment. We hope to get it fixed sooner rather than later for the next Blocs Wave update.

That's good to know, thank you!

• @AmpifyxNovation said:
    Just to clarify, this latest update was a tiny maintenance change we had to make not related to the IAA issue, which is otherwise our highest priority Blocs Wave item at the moment. We hope to get it fixed sooner rather than later for the next Blocs Wave update.

It would be useful to know what devices and iOS versions anyone affected is using, so please PM us or reply here if you're having issues.

2016 iPad Pro 10.5”, latest iOS, iPhone 6s Plus latest iOS.

I have to use the Audiobus workaround for each device in order for Blocs & AUM to work together properly.

• @RUST( i )K said:
    I love Novation.

IS MORE MIDI CONTROL IN THE FUTURE?

In particular, Midi out for Groovebox?

Not really interested in a some time maybe response. Either this will be added, or it is not in your plan. If it is added, I can see us using Groovebox a LOT more. If not, then I’ll still enjoy the app, but it won’t be useful for any project that is intended to go further than my iPad.

In other words, Groovebox without Midi out is a great app for makers of EDM. For the rest of us, it is a superior toy. Give us the ability to use the sounds of other instruments - or sell the feature to us as an IAP - and the potential expands dramatically.

• edited December 2017

Is anyone else having zero luck getting Blocs Wave to start on the one when using Link? Always starts somewhere in measure 4 for me when Link is on.

• This isn't a Blocs thing IMHO.

I have many apps that don't always sync.

More lately then ever.

Along with an array of other issues across the board except for very few apps.

• @RUST( i )K I have the feeling you are right. I don't remember having Link problems in Blocs before iOS 11, and I have noticed Link seeming a little unreliable overall now when it never seemed that way before. I hope it all gets sorted soon, I am kind of missing using Blocs for some fast jamming setups.

• when using LINK, i cannot get blocs wave to start on the one -

It is frustrating because I like blocs wave a lot for quick live jams (where I NEED it to sync to the one better)

• @CracklePot said:
    @RUST( i )K I have the feeling you are right. I don't remember having Link problems in Blocs before iOS 11, and I have noticed Link seeming a little unreliable overall now when it never seemed that way before. I hope it all gets sorted soon, I am kind of missing using Blocs for some fast jamming setups.

Yeah it is little messy these days.

Hope it sorts itself out

• edited December 2017

@wellingtonCres said:
    yeah this bug has been too long!

When you consider just how long even a useable file system has been requested, it seems that Ampify could be spreading themselves too thin between the 3 main apps.

A big bug like this shouldn’t really be hanging around for months. It should get top priority, and late night coding to be fixed.

The weekly IAP packs surely have the petty cash for Coffee covered? ;)

• I had purchased all the Launchpad iAPs (but few packs), a lot of Blocs packs (since is my first composition tool ATM), any single iAP in Groovebox (seems a beta into my eyes) and then Launchkey 61 mk2 and Launchcontrol xl only for use it with Launchpad app (even I will love to have some midi control over blocs...) BUT with the recent crackling in iOS11 I’m considering sell all the hardware and look for a sampler. I love these apps and the workflow but I can go live gigging with all those audio stuttering and link working wrong.

iPad mini 4 with latest version of iOS (I know it’s my fault to want Files and new dock).

Could you @AmpifyxNovation talk to Apple and explain them what audio should be a top priority service over GUI? Thx.

• @AmpifyxNovation can we get an eta when IIA sync will be fixed so your apps work in cubasis, also link needs updating to start/stop ?