Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stand alone effects suggestions??

Hey looking for effect apps (reverb, delay, chorus etc) that support stand alone mode to use in conjunction with a hardware analog synth (yes hardware). Any suggestions?
-thx

Comments

• You’ll still need Audiobus or AUM to run your effects chain in the order of your choosing. Which is quite important. Unless I’m misunderstanding something here.

• How about ToneStack? I like Moog Filtatron too.

• Yeah i got aum, audiobus etc.... but going for a super minimal setup here.

• virsyn audioeffx

• Kymatica’s AUFX series are all great.

• edited December 2017

For the more 'creative' bent...

• @CracklePot said:
    How about ToneStack? I like Moog Filtatron too.

Both great on hardware synths. Love the AUFX apps as well.

• @AudioGus said:

Cool!

• @AudioGus That looks like a lot of fun. Are you beta testing for this one?

• @CracklePot said:
    @AudioGus That looks like a lot of fun. Are you beta testing for this one?

Yah, its very cool!

• edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @oat_phipps said:
    You’ll still need Audiobus or AUM to run your effects chain in the order of your choosing. Which is quite important. Unless I’m misunderstanding something here.

Yah, I would think setting up AUM with the best AUs (Eos2, Fac Chorus etc) would be a good bet.

• AUFX Space = amazing sounding reverb, works standalone (they’re all great, Dub is my second fave)

• @AudioGus said:

I’m not exactly of beta tester caliber, but def looking forward to the release.

Thx for all the excellent replies!

• Emo chorus is a great synth accessory. Far beyond (or rather, to the side of) regular chorus. Doubling, weird reverb, ambience, space. Great sound quality.

• The AD480 Reverb is a real standalone effect app - it supports direct hardware outs.
    (a very unique reverb with some Lexicon flavour, top quality)
    The Holderness Bundle is great, too (competes with Eventide/Strymon pedals).
    Echopad has all the algorithms under one hood, but the single apps provide a more detailed control surface.

• Turnado? Livefx? Bias?

• I highly recommend using AUM with audio units instead. You can open multiple effects at the same time, resize them and move them around. It makes a really nice multi fx unit for external synths(which i use it for). My go-to AU effects are warm distortion, fat lady, resonator, everything from audio damage is very good i especially like dubstation for ping pong delays, grind for filter and dirt, eos2 reverb and rough rider2(free) for compressor, DDMF directional eq and envelope(reverb), FAC chorus, IVCS3 synth gives you AU effects and i really dig its spring reverb(emulation of the synth the app emulates) and VCA for some color, Haaze i like very much for widening the highs and maybe a bit of mids, duplicat(simple tape delay), virtual room, bark filter, tonebridge and zmors eq.

• @ToMess I like this idea to use multiple AU effects with AUM. I will have to try it out today. Also, I am really curious about Fat Lady, but the dev only had a demo which was recorded with the iPhone mic. What are your thoughts on the Fat Lady? Is it really much different from most distortion effects as the dev claims?

• @CracklePot said:
    @ToMess I like this idea to use multiple AU effects with AUM. I will have to try it out today. Also, I am really curious about Fat Lady, but the dev only had a demo which was recorded with the iPhone mic. What are your thoughts on the Fat Lady? Is it really much different from most distortion effects as the dev claims?

I got the dev’s Resonator, and it wasn’t impressive to say the least. I’d be leery. In addition his/her apps don’t have much attention to the graphical side of things, which is always a bit of a warning sign to me.

For much different than most distortion effects, I recommend Self-A-Fuzz, Zhsh, and 3oomph all from the same developer.

• @oat_phipps said:

@CracklePot said:
    @ToMess I like this idea to use multiple AU effects with AUM. I will have to try it out today. Also, I am really curious about Fat Lady, but the dev only had a demo which was recorded with the iPhone mic. What are your thoughts on the Fat Lady? Is it really much different from most distortion effects as the dev claims?

I got the dev’s Resonator, and it wasn’t impressive to say the least. I’d be leery. In addition his/her apps don’t have much attention to the graphical side of things, which is always a bit of a warning sign to me.

For much different than most distortion effects, I recommend Self-A-Fuzz, Zhsh, and 3oomph all from the same developer.

Thanks for the feedback. :) I was actually a little leery based on the fact that Fat Lady got around zero mentions on here. I figured if it really was as groundbreaking as claimed, we would have heard about it here. But you never know, as things can slip under the radar when everyone is focused on bigger things (I am looking at you Rozeta! ;) ).

• @CracklePot said:

I think its a decent addition to drive collection, but if i would have to choose one, i would take grind instead.

@oat_phipps said:

@CracklePot said:

Resonator has quite small range of settings where it sounds really good. It definitely is not very versatile and eats a lot of cpu, but on a dirty bass synth patch eq -> resonator -> grind -> eq -> haaze -> virtual room = heaven

• @Processaurus said:
    Emo chorus is a great synth accessory. Far beyond (or rather, to the side of) regular chorus. Doubling, weird reverb, ambience, space. Great sound quality.

Yes. Good'n!

• @CracklePot said:

OK - I am the developer of Fat Lady. I am aware of this forum now so you can write me if you have questions. I understand your doubts but unfortunately I do not have proper gear for making videos and as it is too time consuming and the results are not very good - I do not have many. I can give few promo codes here if the receivers agree to share impressions in the forum so the others will have more info about the apps...

• Sent you a message.

@Alex_bialamusic said:

@CracklePot said:

OK - I am the developer of Fat Lady. I am aware of this forum now so you can write me if you have questions. I understand your doubts but unfortunately I do not have proper gear for making videos and as it is too time consuming and the results are not very good - I do not have many. I can give few promo codes here if the receivers agree to share impressions in the forum so the others will have more info about the apps...

• @Alex_bialamusic said:

I would love to see some demo’s of this but I learned that you DO NOT want to search “Fat Lady” on YouTube. So please post links. :)

• OK - check your email.

• @Alex_bialamusic Hi there, Alex. It is great to see you here on the forum. I did not mean to doubt you or your apps specifically. I was just very curious about Fat Lady but was worried that there wasn't any demos other than the one you had provided. I am probably skeptical about claims made while advertising a product from past experiences, but I don't have anything to go on as far as being critical or supportive of the Fat Lady goes. Hopefully more attention gets drawn to your line of apps and you pick up some more loyal customers. It seems that once people know about your apps and try them, if the really like them they will voice their support loudly on this forum.
    Also, make sure to send some codes to @thesoundtestroom for your line of apps . He is the likely favorite around here for doing Youtube demos, and he plays guitar as well so another plus for Doug ( @thesoundtestroom ).

• @AudioGus said:

Man, I like the look of that. I like the ability to move the controls like that; it would make it super easy to experiment. Will have to remember that one going forward. How does it sound?