Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New AUv3 Effect: FS Reverser Delay

Just gave it a quick spin, it sounds amazing! And only $2 USD!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fs-reverser-delay/id1299716499?mt=8mt=8&at=1010lsAu

EDIT:
Quick demo video:

Comments

• @theartwebreathe Any chance that you could make a quick audio demo? Or even a screen capture vid? I am curious as to how it sounds. The description and price are peaking my interest.

• @CracklePot sure thing! Here you go:

• @theartwebreathe Thank you! That sounds pretty cool, the reverse delay is great. So much easier than doing it the old way. It wasn't in the Appstore when I checked earlier, but I will be getting this later today when it shows up for me. Thanks again! :) B)

• Wow, that's a good-sounding delay. I also have the RP-1, which is a rather expensive AU and which I can never quite manage to make usable. (It's got a lot of ancillary effects built in that tend to cloud the delay itself....)

• I like it with the piano, but the synth stabs have little tapping noise as the reversed delay reaches the initial key hit. Is there a way to adjust release so you can fade the delay’s tail?

• @aaronpc i thought the same thing. Might be worth trying to get ahold of the developer and suggesting it. Looks like this is their website: http://www.futuresonic.io/

• @aaronpc said:
    I like it with the piano, but the synth stabs have little tapping noise as the reversed delay reaches the initial key hit. Is there a way to adjust release so you can fade the delay’s tail?

I didn't even pick up on the Zeeon stuff. But clearly that's a Zeeon thing if that initial hit doesn't occur with the piano, don't you think?

• @ExAsperis99 Yes, I thought the same. Likely the envelope settings on the synth is the cause as it was only apparent on some sounds in the demo.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@aaronpc said:
    I like it with the piano, but the synth stabs have little tapping noise as the reversed delay reaches the initial key hit. Is there a way to adjust release so you can fade the delay’s tail?

I didn't even pick up on the Zeeon stuff. But clearly that's a Zeeon thing if that initial hit doesn't occur with the piano, don't you think?

I’m getting some clicks even with piano unless I HP filter it, which then takes away from the effect considerably. Could do with some control envelope or some such do hicky lol

• Sounds not bad. Needs really a bit smoothing here and there.
    I f.e. like the reverse delay in TF8 (is there any other synth with a reverse delay on iOS?)

• @Cib said:
    Sounds not bad. Needs really a bit smoothing here and there.
    I f.e. like the reverse delay in TF8 (is there any other synth with a reverse delay on iOS?)

IIRC, the Electro Harmonix MiniSynth has reverse delay.

• There is a reverse mode in Audio Damage's Dubstation 2.

• @ALB said:
    There is a reverse mode in Audio Damage's Dubstation 2.

Ah, so there is. :) Overlooked that one. I keep flipping through the presets on Dubstation 2, guess I need to actually fiddle with the controls for once. :D Thanks for pointing out the reverse in the already amazing Dubstation 2. B)

• Is it tempo-synced? (I notice the presets named "80BPM")

• Tonestack (whilst not a synth) has a reverse delay...

• @brambos said:
    Is it tempo-synced? (I notice the presets named "80BPM")

Dubstation? Yes. I admit that I don’t use reverse mode much.

• @ALB said:

@brambos said:

No, FS Reverser Delay (the one this thread is actually about :D ).

• @brambos said:

@ALB said:

@brambos said:

No, FS Reverser Delay (the one this thread is actually about :D ).

Oops. Sorry to derail.

• @alb have you had any luck getting reverse to work in Dubstation 2? when I flip the switch nothing seems to happen...

• @brambos hmm, it seems that it is NOT tempo synced. The offset knobs on the left and right seem to determine the delay rate. It would be nice if there was a sync mode.

• @theartwebreathe said:
    @alb have you had any luck getting reverse to work in Dubstation 2? when I flip the switch nothing seems to happen...

Hmmm - now that you mention it, it only seems to work for me right after I flip the switch and then it sort of reverts to "normal" behavior. Very odd...

• @ALB said:

@theartwebreathe said:
    @alb have you had any luck getting reverse to work in Dubstation 2? when I flip the switch nothing seems to happen...

Hmmm - now that you mention it, it only seems to work for me right after I flip the switch and then it sort of reverts to "normal" behavior. Very odd...

There’s a reason for this. The delay recorder memory records backwards so when you hit the switch, anything you play after you hit the switch plays forward. Sorry I can’t explain it very well; the developer explained it in one of the many Audio Damage threads some time back.

All this means basically is it’s only useful in hold mode.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@aaronpc said:

I’m getting some clicks even with piano unless I HP filter it, which then takes away from the effect considerably. Could do with some control envelope or some such do hicky lol

You caved before I did. :D

So you’re saying... wait and let it bake, yeah?

• You guys have to check out the first and the best, echo pad by @HoldernessMedia. Reverse delay as well as anything else you could want.

• @theartwebreathe said:

@ALB said:

@theartwebreathe said:

On the desktop version of Dubstation the Reverse can only be engaged once a delay signal is present. i.e.: automate / activate Reverse to flip an existing delay backwards which can take a bit of trial and error to get sounding right tempo-wise but the rewards are high if one is willing.

• @Proppa said:

@theartwebreathe said:

@ALB said:

@theartwebreathe said:

On the desktop version of Dubstation the Reverse can only be engaged once a delay signal is present. i.e.: automate / activate Reverse to flip an existing delay backwards which can take a bit of trial and error to get sounding right tempo-wise but the rewards are high if one is willing.

Hmmm. Ok. I’ll try automating it in AUM. Thanks!

• @DCJ said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@aaronpc said:

You caved before I did. :D

So you’re saying... wait and let it bake, yeah?

Yeah I’m so ashamed :p

• @BvsMV said:
    You guys have to check out the first and the best, echo pad by @HoldernessMedia. Reverse delay as well as anything else you could want.

Echo Pad is sweet but it's not AU is it? (Iknow you didn't say it was but it makes this reverse delay more useful to me).

• edited December 2017

I’m a huge delay effect fan so I bought it...

It says it’s universal but I don’t think it was actually tested on a phone as you can see above (in GB on my iPhone 7).

And I can’t really figure out how to make the delay time work in sync with the host. Which is sort of crucial for this sort of effect.

Other than that it sounds good if not a little ‘clicky’.

• @BvsMV said:
    You guys have to check out the first and the best, echo pad by @HoldernessMedia. Reverse delay as well as anything else you could want.

+1