Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Files App Bulk Import

Hi,

Does anyone know of a way to select say a folder full of samples in iCloud Drive via the Files App and make them all available off line (ie: select the folder and download the contents)?

Please tell me I don’t have to select each individual sample and individually download each one! This does not seem convenient for 65GB worth of samples...:(

Comments

• @DaveMagoo said:
    Hi,

Does anyone know of a way to select say a folder full of samples in iCloud Drive via the Files App and make them all available off line (ie: select the folder and download the contents)?

Please tell me I don’t have to select each individual sample and individually download each one! This does not seem convenient for 65GB worth of samples...:(

Press “select” and then you have top left a “select all”

• edited November 2017

@cuscolima said:

@DaveMagoo said:
    Hi,

To add to this further, just having selected all items doesn’t actually start downloading them. To download them after selection perform some action from the share menu. I find the easiest to be pressing the copy button as it will then try to download all of them before trying to copy!

• @reV01D said:

@cuscolima said:

@DaveMagoo said:
    Hi,

To add to this further, just having selected all items doesn’t actually start downloading them. To download them after selection perform some action from the share menu. I find the easiest to be pressing the copy button as it will then try to download all of them before trying to copy!

@cuscolima said:

@DaveMagoo said:
    Hi,

So I have to select all in each folder and then download...and I have about 11,000 folders!!!!

Tell me this ain’t true!?

• No, you can select the main folder and it will select and copy all subfolders. Just select then press the “folder” icon, select your destination and press “copy”. It should work (I just made a test right now)

• edited November 2017

@DaveMagoo said:

@reV01D said:

@cuscolima said:

@DaveMagoo said:
    Hi,

@cuscolima said:

@DaveMagoo said:
    Hi,

So I have to select all in each folder and then download...and I have about 11,000 folders!!!!

Tell me this ain’t true!?

Holly cow! 11,000 folders!

Well this doesn’t seem possible on iOS quite yet, but on a Mac in the search box you can type in the file type (”.wav”), and then you will see every file with that file type. Select them all and move them to a new folder. From there with all your files in a single folder sync back to iCloud Drive and repeat the copy step from earlier.

Unfortunately this will result in loosing your file organizational methods though.

• edited November 2017

Sadly the search trick doesn’t work on iOS itself as once you search you apparently can not select all. Definitely an oversight of the new files app on Apple’s part

• OP,

What are you exactly trying to do?

• @RUST( i )K said:
    OP,

What are you exactly trying to do?

I want all my samples to be available offline on my iPhone without having hours of painstaking work selecting/highlighting/fudging/downloading rinse n repeat...

And also without having to copy my files somewhere else...

I just want to select the folder and tell it I want it all to be available offline and off it goes on a little downloading spree and when done it reports back to tell me all is now available offline.

• Too bad you can't make Siri do it for you.

• @CracklePot said:
    Too bad you can't make Siri do it for you.

Tried that it just points me to the App Store

• May I suggest connecting the iPhone to a computer and use iFunBox to dump the samples...
    (I doubt all the 65GB will ever be used so it's just asking for trouble anyway).

• isnt the answer to click on the “download” button on the top right of the topmost folder? seems to work for me

• @Samu said:
    May I suggest connecting the iPhone to a computer and use iFunBox to dump the samples...
    (I doubt all the 65GB will ever be used so it's just asking for trouble anyway).

Yeah I have done this already into Audioshare but would like to keep everything streamlined and pulling from the same place and in sync....

Also when I then save to this area from my iPad/iphone I can access from all my devices including Mac....that’s the dream anyhoo

• @wellingtonCres said:
    isnt the answer to click on the “download” button on the top right of the topmost folder? seems to work for me

Not seeing it...

• At the bottom of the page you have the “folder” icon. Just press on it then you can choose your destination and press “copy”...doesn’t it work for you?

• @cuscolima said:
    At the bottom of the page you have the “folder” icon. Just press on it then you can choose your destination and press “copy”...doesn’t it work for you?

My aim is not to copy to another folder but make the existing folder and everything in it available offline within itself ie: no cloud download icon just the file ready and available on my device but in sync with all my other devices....is this possible?

• @DaveMagoo said:

@cuscolima said:
    At the bottom of the page you have the “folder” icon. Just press on it then you can choose your destination and press “copy”...doesn’t it work for you?

My aim is not to copy to another folder but make the existing folder and everything in it available offline within itself ie: no cloud download icon just the file ready and available on my device but in sync with all my other devices....is this possible?

like a favorites folder? That seems a good idea.

• edited November 2017

@Martygras said:

@DaveMagoo said:

@cuscolima said:

like a favorites folder? That seems a good idea.

No like this....

Right under the share option