Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

When Rozeta and ReSlice team up...

...a very powerful sample player is born.

Record your favorite drum app directly into Audioshare, trim the recording, convert to wave and copy to clipboard.

Start AUM -> start ReSlice AU and press „Paste“. ReSlice sets the slices automatically. Switch off ReSlice ARP.

Start a Rozeta instance, set key map to „Axon 2“, Route midi and there you go...

Enjoy :-)

Comments

• Very cool. I will try it out. For once, I actually have all the required apps to try workflow suggestion. :)

• What's that sound like?

• Ooh blimey, I'm going to try that out now look.

• Ohh this looks tasty

• Yeah works nicely.

• niiiiiice.

• Great tip! I've done this before from other sequencers and ReSlice is perfect for this sorta thing. In many ways, easier than BM3 workflow (at least until BM3 gets AU MIDI features to support Rozeta).

• That's really cool! B)

• Well this is odd. I can’t get it to trigger ReSlice no matter what I do. First time I have had any issues with Rozeta. What am I missing. Followed verbatim.

• edited November 2017

@Chaztrip said:
    Well this is odd. I can’t get it to trigger ReSlice no matter what I do. First time I have had any issues with Rozeta. What am I missing. Followed verbatim.

Disable the Reslice Arp (run1 run2 run3 run4 inside reslice AU)

• Just used a longer loop with more slices and switched up the key maps to get different results. Uh. Mazing. Brilliant tip, this.

• Nothing. I must be stupid. Can’t get it to trigger it.

• edited November 2017

@Chaztrip said:

Nothing. I must be stupid. Can’t get it to trigger it.

OMG. Never Freking mind. Got it. Thanks!!

• @brambos or anyone else - is it possible........to get any of the Rozeta AU’s to trigger one slice, in a pitch mode? I’ve tried adding a sample as a single slice in Reslice, but playing it across the keyboard just triggers a single instance. Is there any way to use Rozeta to get it to change the pitch? Basically I’m still trying to find a reason not to buy Vancouver, but failing.

• @MonzoPro You might consider just using a sampler app that is geared toward this. I only see pitchbend as a way to change the pitch of a slice in ReSlice. The keys of the KB or incoming pitch info just tells ReSlice which slice to play, but not at what pitch. You might have to use a pitchbend wheel to create your melody or whatever.

I am new to this app, so I could be mistaken. But I couldn't find another way besides the aforementioned pitchbend.

• Had fun having a go at this and put this little segment together.

• @MonzoPro One other thing to try is setting up your pitch changes in the arp. I am still figuring out the arp functions, but I was getting pitch changes on a single slice when I tried it.

• @CracklePot said:
    @MonzoPro You might consider just using a sampler app that is geared toward this. I only see pitchbend as a way to change the pitch of a slice in ReSlice. The keys of the KB or incoming pitch info just tells ReSlice which slice to play, but not at what pitch. You might have to use a pitchbend wheel to create your melody or whatever.

I am new to this app, so I could be mistaken. But I couldn't find another way besides the aforementioned pitchbend.

Thanks for checking. I can do this via BM3, but want to avoid loading that up just for the sampler. I haven’t tried Samplr, so I’ll try that next.

• @CracklePot said:
    @MonzoPro One other thing to try is setting up your pitch changes in the arp. I am still figuring out the arp functions, but I was getting pitch changes on a single slice when I tried it.

Cheers, I tried ‘pitch’ mode earlier, will take another look later.