Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

nils Realtime FX/sampler on the bus

Nils is a real time sound effect machine with a minimalistic looper. It comes with bitcrush, delay and gain for distortion. As input you can use the internal microphone, your earpods or accessories like iRig Mic. Can also be used as a sampler, by holding the delay buffer and changing its phase. Lo-fi looping for both beginners and professionals.

FEATURES:

Real time

Bitchrush

Sample rate (1 Hz – 44100 Hz)

Delay

Hold delay buffer

Play delay buffer

Gain (goes up to 11)

Limiter

Tape looper

Export (email, soundcloud, MAPI audio copy)

Supports AudioBus

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nils/id579955189?mt=8

Comments

• Awesome!

• was messing with it earlier, pretty cool app!

• edited March 2014

• Hello Simon. In my testing while developing the microphone is muted when nils has an audiobus input connected to it. If nils however is the input itself there would be no other way to get sound in than through the mic.

Also when running nils as an effect I recommend connecting an audiobus output such as the speaker to avoid duplication of the procsessing algorithm.

Now it could be some bug related to your device maybe, I only have an iPhone 4s and an iPad mini to test on. This is just off the top of my head. I will definitely double check later tonight.

Thanks

ERik

• edited March 2014

• Hi @humbletune
    Nice app great lofi fun.
    Could you please add landscape mode for Idock users ?
    Thanx Frank

• Cheers Frank. Yes I love lofi bitcrushed stuff myself. I will definitely consider landscape mode, it makes sense to have the option. Aslo I think midi is something that will soon be implemented.

Thanks

ERik

• Great ,Thanx ERik .

• edited March 2014

• great suggestions Simon.

• Sound like good ideas Simon. I am taking notes. Also thinking about adding some eq filters, which I think could be nice.

So, the list is:

• landscape
    • MIDI
    • filter
    • wet/dry
    • save/load

If you are missing anything else just give me a shout. Thanks

ERik

• edited March 2014

• Cool. I'll write that down too. Yes, I think I have enough to keep me busy for a while, but then when inspiration strikes, it is more fun than work. :)

ERik

• @humbletune finding your app to be more useful than I originally thought. I love running clean drum breaks through it to dirty up the sound and bit crush to 12-bit. great work, look forward to the updates.

• Excellent hypoetical. :) That makes me happy. Please, let me know if you upload anything somewhere. Would be fun to hear.

ERik

• Looks like nils just got an update. A multimode resonant filter was added, along with some other tweaks and fixes.

Anybody using this? Seems like a fairly unique app for the effects slot...

• A quick check on the iTunes version history of Nils shows that most of the user requests here were implemented. That kind of development deserves supporting. Off to buy now.

• edited March 2014

• Agreed. I like that his apps are very much those apps, if that makes any sense.

• Cheers guys for the very kind words. I might not always be the fastest, but I do my best, if you give me good suggestions. :) Don't hesitate to write if there is something you want to see, either here or I have a form on my website. I always feel like I am spamming, linking to my page, so I won't, but it is not hard to find.

Thanks again.

ERik

• Yeah I'll be getting this one.

• Version: 2.1.3 is out

+++ Simplifying dimetrodon cutter.
    +++ Updating Audiobus.
    +++ Fixing issues loading as Inter App Audio in iOS 12.4 and later.
    +++ Updating Ableton Link, to fix UI issues in iOS 13.
    +++ Removing soundcloud support.
    +++ Adding loop save function and file manager.

• Super update! Liked it already but this!

I'd have a feature request for shapesynth: would be nice if the tape recorder could record while playing in altered speed.
    Can't nils do it already?

thanks anyway,

big fan here!

• Great to see an update, have enjoyed employing the app since first released.
    Suitably esoteric for Mr Sigth, dare say it does things I’ve yet to discover.

Long live the Dimetrodon filter !