Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mixvibes Remix Live combined with Cross DJ and iOS 11drag and drop has just become a serious Sampler

Just tried the loop dragging function from Cross DJ into Remix Live works a treat and all linked up Ableton wise. I hope Novation get into the drag and drop business.

Comments

• edited September 2017

Nice! I still prefer the novation apps and controllers but I’m glad to see Mixvibes evolving.
    If they implement some features to Cross like flexible grid (aka warping) I will take a look into it seriously...
    @Mixvibes what do you say?

• this must be to good to be true, i really liked the idea of remix live, but there has always been something that put me off...

• @Hansson said:
    this must be to good to be true, i really liked the idea of remix live, but there has always been something that put me off...

Not having State Saving under AudioBus?

• this looks awesome though so iam going to try it.

• It works between DJ Pro and Cross DJ apps as well I just tried this.

• Well, I was about to post the video but it was a good surprise to see that you guys created a topic first.
    Thanks @Jumpercollins for sharing the news :)

Just a quick recap of what Remixlive 3.2 brings to the table:

• Drag and Drop between Remixlive and compatible apps.
    • Compatibility with Apple's new Files app (btw, what do you think of Files? How much does it improve your workflow)
    • Play a loop in Cross DJ, drop it into Remixlive to remix it with more samples.

Cheers,
    Louis @Mixvibes

• No probs Louis loving the improvements still getting my head around the files app and how to move stuff around etc, it’s not plain sailing.

• "- Compatibility with Apple's new Files app (btw, what do you think of Files? How much does it improve your workflow)

• Play a loop in Cross DJ, drop it into Remixlive to remix it with more samples."

AWESOME

• Hi all,

We will be having tutorial videos soon about the new features enabled by iOS 11. Check this space ;)

All the best,
    Alex @Mixvibes

• edited October 2017

Hi all,

For all those interested in using Files with Remixlive/Cross DJ and learning about our inter-app sampling workflow, we put together 3 quick tutorials.

Feel free to have a look and let us know what you think :)

Cheers,
    Louis @Mixvibes

• @Dubbylabby said:
    Nice! I still prefer the novation apps and controllers but I’m glad to see Mixvibes evolving.
    If they implement some features to Cross like flexible grid (aka warping) I will take a look into it seriously...

remix live was the first to have real time time stretching... now that's what I call evolving :)

• edited October 2017

@kobamoto said:

@Dubbylabby said:

remix live was the first to have real time time stretching... now that's what I call evolving :)

Maybe I used wrong the term. I find dedicated controllers a top priority then add the rest. From that point of view Remix live is still incomplete (also modstep for poor audio loops) and BM3 could be the true evolutionary one... but I still need warping.
    ATM BlocsWave (even without remote control) gives me the best part of chooping/looping for beatmaking and ReSllice gives me the dose for finger drumming nostalgia.
    Then launch controllers with Launchpad offer the perfect match for enjoying performing (more than Ableton) so I need something missing... dj app with warp/flexible grids... (frequency smartmixing or multiple outputs by frequency to AUM could be awesome...)

:wink:

• I agree about the dedicated controllers, makes you wonder cause I know mix vibes isn't the kind of outfit to skip things... I wonder how deep if any their midi mapping goes , if they have templates etc..?

• They have (or almost had) ESI interfaces as audio interfaces for DVS line but I miss somekind of partnership with Samson or Akai (controller division). Samson conspiracy controller or Apc/Amx lines could be a win win situation for both companies...

I don’t doubt Remix live could be a powerful app and midi implementation probably is great or will be since they aren’t new to djing software (mixvibes was the first app to support 6 decks with Dvs control back in the day) but when you try to target the same group users (Ableton) you should look at their roadmap and competition (Push2, Maschine, Remix decks...) all of them have dedicated controllers. If you lost the desktop battle towards them then look to Novation: make compatible hardware and dedicated apps to support them. That makes a value proposition over competition being akai, NI, ableton and so out of my scope but Novation in the center.
    I wasn’t fan of dedicated controllers time ago but as older I get the most time I want to expent playing music instead setting and coding functions in midiflow or maxforlive. You know better than me than sometimes more options don’t translate into better workflow.

It’s like I have the most I need covered with Blocs/Launchpad + dedicated hardware so bring me new hardware to the arena or software features over the actual. I can live without DVS nowadays (bored about zero innovation) but flexible grids are missing even in desktop djing software... which makes an excellent niche market waiting for dedicated controller. Maybe will be NI with Z1mk2 and new Traktor app?

Market needs a true remix dj tool not just a button grid player or another dvs app without flexible grid/warp... I will end buying Auria and then just use djay and dedicated controller once again.

• Thanks mate. I just try to bring useful info and thoughts.

• Highly recommend RemixVideo on the Mac - really slick for working with video Fx.

• Hi all,

@Aud_iOS thanks for the praise ;)

@Dubbylabby I understand your point regarding warping on devices, however I'm not even sure it's technically feasible and if it is, probably very costly in terms of processing power/battery life. Considering how demanding warping is in Ableton Live for example, wouldn't be surprised it takes the same toll on iOS, except maybe better if it takes advantage of some iOS technologies?

Regarding dedicated MIDI controllers, the only thing I can say is that Mixvibes has been out of the hardware-making loop for a while and we are definitely not looking to enter it again. However that doesn't mean MIDI compatibility is entirely out the window, and as you may have seen with Akai's recent MPC Live and its integration of Ableton Link, there are interesting things being done at the intersection of hardware and mobile technologies being developed all the time. So it's still definitely a possibility, just maybe don't hold your breath on it for now.

Speaking of MPC Live, here's a video you might be interested in checking out too:

Cheers!
    Alex @Mixvibes

• Midi mapping of controls would be nice

• Hi @Mixvibes!
    Thanks for the answer. It’s great to chat with you guys time to time.

I know warping as is could be a bit too much but a simple app like iMashup or Audio editor like AudioShare or Hokusai could implement it as “offline” process. I sent these request to those devs (maybe iMashup not :confused:?) and also to BM3. That tool is only available at Auria pro and it’s a bit expensive for just one tool (I don’t need/want nothing more from desktop-like DAWs). Some kind of flexible grid with cues as song parts and different grid between each part could be enough for remixing purposes. Not necessary transient detection or ultrachopping from warp markers. Just some interaction with groove and parts. Not all the music is 4x4 and usually the best music to make remixes are funk or jazzy grooving :wink:
    IDK if there is dedicated Apple (or third party) API for elastic audio processing (the one rear Apple loops maybe?) but I can see something emerging related to videogames where probably those kind of wizardry could be useful for realtime sound fx or generative music reacting to realtime gaming events. Maybe someone could bring some light @brambos @j_liljedahl @Michael

About controllers I can understand your POV and that’s why I adviced somekind of partnership. It will be always users ready for midi mapping but as salespoint thight integration seems one of the points to take in consideration. Also from revenue flow and re-investment in software side. We were discussing it time ago and a paper about the topic was linked. My opinion here is more or less the same.
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/19625/advice-for-developers

• @djjuniorpops said:
    Midi mapping of controls would be nice

!!!

• @Mixvibes Hi - your scratching emulation in Cross DJ is really good. Feature request - I would love to be able to make the turntable plus crossfader full screen and place markers on the waveform bar across the top so you could cue up some scratches.

• Hi @gusgranite,

Actually regarding the first one you kind of can, if you switch to portrait mode you'll have one turntable and its controls, as well as the crossfader, in a near full-screen environment.

You can also place up to eight cue points that you could use as markers, however as far as I know it's not possible to have the cue buttons and the turntable in the same full screen view. You can however click on the cue points you made in the waveform above the turntable so technically there is that too.

Hope that answers your question!

Cheers,
    Alex @Mixvibes

• @Mixvibes Any idea why I'm not seeing an option to restore purchases for loop/sample packs? The option exists for FX and Features.

• Hi @telecharge

That's not normal, you should be able to restore sample pack purchases.

There's normally a "Restore" button in the upper right-hand corner of the Sample packs store window. Tapping on it should enable iOS to look into which in-apps you have already purchased using your Apple ID, and automatically enable download buttons for the already-purchased in-apps. Consequently, if this doesn't work, tapping the "buy" button next to a pack you have already purchased and going through the process should trigger the same outcome, i.e. downloading the pack without paying it again.

If by sheer stroke of unluck, the app charges you again, please ask Apple directly for a refund. However if you are using the same Apple ID it should work, and I've never had someone be charged with the same pack twice as long as they are logged in with the same account...

Cheers,
    Alex @Mixvibes

• @Mixvibes still waiting for midi learn :(