Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: No Tomatoes Please...

it looks like things have kind of changed all over no matter what you're buying. Remember when Black Friday was like 70-80% discount and 50% off was just called a 50% off sale? So which day is it now that is the greatest sale day of the year, is it Christmas or what?

Comments

• @kobamoto said:
    it looks like things have kind of changed all over no matter what you're buying. Remember when Black Friday was like 70-80% discount and 50% off was just called a 50% off sale? So which day is it now that is the greatest sale day of the year, is it Christmas or what?

It is still only Wednesday though, Black Friday is this coming Friday so more sales should materialize. Plus next Monday is Cyber Monday too. It has been hard to hold back and not spend all my credits, but I believe more sales will come this weekend.

• I find it hilarious, actually, that I'm holding out in order to save 10 or 20 bucks. :D There's something very twisted and cheap about that....

• edited November 2017

With me, I hold out so I can pay full price for the most part. Sometimes, I do wait for Korg stuff if they don’t have an introductory price on an app/IAP they release, because their stuff is more professionally priced you see. However, for smaller developers, I wait to pay full price. Don’t want them going the way of Cakewalk now.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    With me, I hold out so I can pay full price for the most part. Sometimes, I do wait for Korg stuff if they don’t have an introductory price on an app/IAP they release, because their stuff is more professionally priced you see. However, for smaller developers, I wait to pay full price. Don’t want them going the way of Cakewalk now.

That's a good point. They need our support.

• If you want devs provide technical support squashing bugs created yearly by Apple's updates I'd urge you to spend whatever there is to spend as this shit is worth more than many other random things one might spend money on. Don't know.... Socks.... Soft drinks...lobster?

• @jwmmakerofmusic said: However, for smaller developers, I wait to pay full price. Don’t want them going the way of Cakewalk now.

So long as they don't sell out to Gibson they should be fine. This is a hobby business for most of these guys, right? I can't imagine too many of them are making a living from it.

• @supadom said:
    If you want devs provide technical support squashing bugs created yearly by Apple's updates I'd urge you to spend whatever there is to spend as this shit is worth more than many other random things one might spend money on. Don't know.... Socks.... Soft drinks...lobster?

How about socks for lobsters?
    That can get pretty pricey considering the quantity needed.

• @rickwaugh said:
    I find it hilarious, actually, that I'm holding out in order to save 10 or 20 bucks. :D There's something very twisted and cheap about that....

not at all, as evidenced by what some around these parts have been going through lately. I never judge another persons situation as I know the best I could ever do is try to understand. Especially when it comes to folks who can't not make music, I know a couple of rooms right now full of synths attached to kitchens with no food in them lol

• @Ribbon said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

That's a good point. They need our support.

like I need midi.... but seriously we need each others support

• @kobamoto said:

@rickwaugh said:
    I find it hilarious, actually, that I'm holding out in order to save 10 or 20 bucks. :D There's something very twisted and cheap about that....

not at all, as evidenced by what some around these parts have been going through lately. I never judge another persons situation as I know the best I could ever do is try to understand. Especially when it comes to folks who can't not make music, I know a couple of rooms right now full of synths attached to kitchens with no food in them lol

For sure. But for the average joe who is working, 10 bucks is coffee money. And having tried to do it myself in my foolish youth, just about anyone trying to make a living at music, is well, foolish. ;)

• what about a whip round?
    man, i can shout ya zeeon or something if you need :smiley:
    i'm still stuck in 2011. vintage year

• Did somebody say whippets!?!

• There are 99% deals on plug-in boutique. F.e. Hybrid 3 for a dollar :)

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said: However, for smaller developers, I wait to pay full price. Don’t want them going the way of Cakewalk now.

So long as they don't sell out to Gibson they should be fine. This is a hobby business for most of these guys, right? I can't imagine too many of them are making a living from it.

I know Rej does Caustic as a hobby, while working, and while being a dad to boot. Mad respect to those who are strong enough to multitask.

That said, f-ck greedy Gibson.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Did somebody say whippets!?!

The little dogs or the little cylinders?
    I'm rather fond of both.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

That said, f-ck greedy Gibson Henry and the other convicted corporate criminals at Gibson.

FTFY

• @rickwaugh said:

But at the same time oh so very satisfying :D

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

That said, f-ck greedy Gibson Henry and the other convicted corporate criminals at Gibson.

FTFY
    Fixed that for you.

Fixed that for you. Seriously, all of us use smartphones, tablets, and/or desktops/laptops, all of which have either on-screen or physical keyboards. Using abbreviations on the internet (“lol” and “lmao” being the exceptions) is a last decade trend and a sign of laziness. :trollface: You’re welcome for that life lesson.