Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Odessa (LIVE - IT FINALLY HAPPENED!)

1323334353638»

Comments

• @j_liljedahl said:

@eross said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@eross said:
    trying to use odessa baseline and send it out to apps outside of aum. If i send out via virtual midi out, or point midi at the app itself, nothing seems to be coming out of aum! am i missing something? also, the playhead in baseline disappears randomly, even though aum play button is engaged? need help. thanks guys

I think you might be mixing up outputs and inputs here? In the screenshot, you haven't connected Odessa Bassline to SynthMaster player. Also, you have connected it to itself, which might not be a good idea.

Note that "AUM" destination is a virtual midi destination, that other apps can send to to get midi into AUM, not the other way around. So outside of AUM it's a destination, and inside the AUM matrix it's a source that you can connect to other destinations (external as well as internal, but it's mainly/only meant for connecting to internal destinations).

i just tried this setting still no luck. also no matter how i set it up. no e of the synth apps outiside of aum can see aum as a midi input source. is midi coming out of aum not an option? I’m sure it’s just some simple setting i’m missing.

AUM does not have or need a MIDI output port, you can route to any MIDI destination in the matrix. You will never see "AUM" as a midi source in any other app.

The routing of Odessa Bassline -> Synthmaster virtual port as you did is correct. The reason that it's not working must be something else: is the transport in AUM playing? is Synthmaster configured to receive on its virtual port? Do you have a pattern in Bassline?

I ran into a similar issue the other night. The app I was trying to sequence doesn't publish a virtual port. And without an AUM virtual output port for it to listen to, I couldn't hook them up. As ever, MIDIFlow to the rescue. Created both input and output virtual port. Pointed AUM at its input and the target app at its output. Worked like a charm.

• edited November 2017

Not sure if its been mentioned yet, but I found that in using Baseline if I increase the steps to 16, I have 16 steps. If I increase the steps to 17 I get 8 more steps and it adds 8 for every step past 16 up to 20. Not really complaining as I get 48 steps.

Also, is there a way to save changes to the midi key mapping or add to it? Looking for a mapping into Cubasis 2.

Thanks
    Dave

• Holy crap - this is amazing. I was getting 32 bar groove by using the various numbered patterns. Had no idea...

Odessa: It's the gift that keeps on giving.

• @JudgeDredd said:
    Not sure if its been mentioned yet, but I found that in using Baseline if I increase the steps to 16, I have 16 steps. If I increase the steps to 17 I get 8 more steps and it adds 8 for every step past 16 up to 20. Not really complaining as I get 48 steps.

Also, is there a way to save changes to the midi key mapping or add to it? Looking for a mapping into Cubasis 2.

Thanks
    Dave

Thanks for informing.. much thanks.

• @JudgeDredd said:

Yes, that's fixed in the upcoming update. It will now correctly display the steps on the label: 1-16, 24, 32, 48, 64.

I recommend setting up the keys and then saving them as an AU Preset in AUM. This is the most efficient way to create templates for yourself.